PDA

View Full Version : Pension for Madden?

Livinginthe past
09-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Does anyone else think that John Madden should be pensioned off to allow someone else to commentate on games?

It has got to the point where he has become a parody of himself - you really would be just aswell off plugging in a Playstation2 with Madden2006 ...and turning the TV volume down.

It really is a just a great deal of nonsense that he spouts - and its so full of cliche's and lacks any sort of opinion that he manages to offend NO-ONE with his football theories - only with his gibberish.

Every time I see him stood up in that new fangled, yet awkward way in the studio I am almost convinced that he is just some confused homeless guy who has wandered in off the street for a cup of warm coffee.

Lets have some insight back in football - its one of the most tactically astute games in existence - why must be put up with lame brains telling us the obvious all the time?

Cheers

NM

Va_steeler
09-23-2005, 01:07 PM
I do! He is nothing but a :blah: mouth. It' s all about him,and as you said an easy way to pluh PS2 and madden games. I say give someone else a shot!
:buttkick:

Koopa
09-23-2005, 01:33 PM
mayne that's why i watch the games on mute and just listen to music cause he says some pointless stuff that makes me want to drop kick him in the mouth. since i don't really watch sunday night football next year i won't have to worry about him cause he'll be on nbc.

clevestinks
09-23-2005, 03:11 PM
LITP, I agree. I used to like the old Madden takes. Now forget it.

Suitanim
09-23-2005, 04:12 PM
He's a bit of a sacred cow, though. I hope he doesn't get as bad as his old partner Summerall. Towards the end, Pat didn't even know what down it was...sometimes I'm not even sure he knew what teams he was watching. Man, when he was younger, though, Pat Summerall was a top notch commentator...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2005, 05:17 PM
I for one, have had just about all the 6 leg'd turkeys on thanksgiving..and more than enough of the BAM and BOOMS !!

Black-n-Gold
09-23-2005, 05:31 PM
Yes the day has come to let that man move on. Listening to him makes you wonder so much of what the hell he's talking about, that you forget about the game. He's had his day, now lets find a new voice to commentate those fine Steeler victories.

Ambridge
09-23-2005, 06:58 PM
He's a bit of a sacred cow, though. I hope he doesn't get as bad as his old partner Summerall. Towards the end, Pat didn't even know what down it was...sometimes I'm not even sure he knew what teams he was watching. Man, when he was younger, though, Pat Summerall was a top notch commentator...

Once Pat Summerall got sober he went downhill real fast. :grin:

All kidding aside I still remember way back before Madden when it was Pat Summerall and Tom Brookshire.
Those two made a great team.

pitt
09-24-2005, 12:12 AM
I never could stand listening to Madden. I get tired of listening to him tell us how HE did everything, about a million years ago when he was involved with the game.

Koopa
09-24-2005, 02:36 AM
i like the way that dude on madtv those the impressions of him, the way he just rambles with his pointless stories, like what was the point this monday night of showing the age differences with gibbs, larry brown and a few other coaches? i don't care about that, talk about the damn game that is being played.