PDA

View Full Version : They run the ball, control the game, control the clock. They're tough."

Va_steeler
09-23-2005, 12:41 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05265/575803.stm
Great article! :tt:

Black-n-Gold
09-23-2005, 01:37 PM
Well it's obvious that each coach knows it's going to be one of the hardest games of the year. Pittsburgh wants to revenge the AFC title game, and the Patriots are looking to bounce back from a loss. Both teams will be playing top-notch and whomever wins will deserve it. I feel confident Steelers have this one, they're not coming into our city and beating us again.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Bill and Bill both know this game will speak volumes of where each time is at.. We'll play each other tough, and it'll be a physical game against 2 teams that dont like each other.

Personally, I wanna see Kreider knock the shiat outta Vrabel. he's done nothing but bad mouth us ever since we released him.

I.C. Lights
09-23-2005, 07:14 PM
Personally, I wanna see Kreider knock the shiat outta Vrabel. he's done nothing but bad mouth us ever since we released him.

Me too. If there's a such thing as Kharma, Vrabel's gonna have a tough day.

Livinginthe past
09-23-2005, 07:22 PM
Come on - you're just annoyed you let such a great player leave for nothing.

No-one is going to be laying anything on Vrabel sunday - if he's talking the talk - you better believe he is going to walk the walk.

Cheers

NM

slashsteel
09-23-2005, 07:25 PM
Vrabel was a backup for us. So no we are not annoyed for "letting" him go. He had success good, shows we draft good. But don't fool yourself to thinking he would have started then or now for us. :)

Livinginthe past
09-23-2005, 07:28 PM
Vrabel was a backup for us. So no we are not annoyed for "letting" him go. He had success good, shows we draft good. But don't fool yourself to thinking he would have started then or now for us. :)

Im sorry my head is spinning you changed direction so many times in that post.

Vrabel was a back-up - Vrabel is no good

Vrabel had success - Vrabel is good again

Vrabel was a good draft (despite letting him go for nothing) - Vrabel is good

Vrabel wouldnt start for you then or now (Vrabel is bad again)

I hope you dont drive like you post - all that swerving is dangerous.

NM

slashsteel
09-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Well let me make it simple so that you can understand. Vrabel is a good effort player, but he is not made for our scheme. Porter and Haggans fit our schematics much better. Enjoy your past success. Camping out here showing everyone how smart you are will sure look sweet when we trounce you Sunday. I love the insinuations though. Swerving huh, kinda like Fast Willie swerving inside and out on your D ? ? And remember you are not a dynasty YET. Cowboys, niners, and of course the Steelers is still a level above you.

I just hope you are not the type to duck and dissappear after a defeat. Make sure you come back to lick your wounds....................

Livinginthe past
09-24-2005, 04:21 AM
Well let me make it simple so that you can understand. Vrabel is a good effort player, but he is not made for our scheme. Porter and Haggans fit our schematics much better. Enjoy your past success. Camping out here showing everyone how smart you are will sure look sweet when we trounce you Sunday. I love the insinuations though. Swerving huh, kinda like Fast Willie swerving inside and out on your D ? ? And remember you are not a dynasty YET. Cowboys, niners, and of course the Steelers is still a level above you.

I just hope you are not the type to duck and dissappear after a defeat. Make sure you come back to lick your wounds....................

Its all good - you stick to the schematics that win you regular season games but gets you hammered at home in the post-season - and we'll keep picking up players who can bring the big prize home.

As for the Dynasty talk...its old.....its also a matter of opinion - I say we are one , you we aren't - the fact is we won 3/4...good luck getting anywhere close to that in your lifetime.

How many yards you think Willie is going to put on us sunday?

Cheers

NM

Avoid LLoyd1975
09-24-2005, 04:34 AM
At least 200 combined...With confidence. How about them 5 yards you guys put up last year. And damn I read somewhere that your washed up Corey Dillon is at the 3rd highest amount of carries to start his career at this point of the season. Damn I bet we bust his ass for negatives. He hasn't even hit a 100 yards total for the season yet. WOW!!! You all up in New England are in for a rough one.

Livinginthe past
09-24-2005, 04:47 AM
At least 200 combined...With confidence. How about them 5 yards you guys put up last year. And damn I read somewhere that your washed up Corey Dillon is at the 3rd highest amount of carries to start his career at this point of the season. Damn I bet we bust his ass for negatives. He hasn't even hit a 100 yards total for the season yet. WOW!!! You all up in New England are in for a rough one.

Thats it Lloyd keep talking the big one - you may have a good team - but it is also a team that has achieved nothing in the last decade.

I can see how beating up on two poor franchises might get you all excited - im not going to proclaim a Pats victory - but I think you may find us harder to beat than you think.

Cheers

NM

slashsteel
09-24-2005, 09:34 PM
And maybe beating your team this year will be easier than you think. As both of your games have been highly questionable performances. BTW the Titans won their second game.

As for the Dynasty talk...its old.....its also a matter of opinion - I say we are one , you we aren't - the fact is we won 3/4...good luck getting anywhere close to that in your lifetime.

Moron think before you type. I watched football when I was a kid during that dynasty of 4 superbowls. One more than your team.

But if dynasty talk puts your panties in a bind we can just do the obvious.

Steelers 2-0
Patriots 1 -1

And if you want to back up the bullshit your spewing. We can make a wager on which one of our teams will go further this year. Willing to make a wager? Oh yea a wager that you will actually pay that is. C'mon mouth let's see what ya got........

Va_steeler
09-24-2005, 10:01 PM
GO Slash its your Birthday :dancing: Put that in you pipe and smoke it :flipoff:

Livinginthe past
09-25-2005, 08:56 AM
And maybe beating your team this year will be easier than you think. As both of your games have been highly questionable performances. BTW the Titans won their second game.

Moron think before you type. I watched football when I was a kid during that dynasty of 4 superbowls. One more than your team.

But if dynasty talk puts your panties in a bind we can just do the obvious.

Steelers 2-0
Patriots 1 -1

And if you want to back up the bullshit your spewing. We can make a wager on which one of our teams will go further this year. Willing to make a wager? Oh yea a wager that you will actually pay that is. C'mon mouth let's see what ya got........

You are asking me to believe that you are over 30 years of age? I think that is where we stretch the limits of credibility - you certainly post like an angry 15 year old.

I already have a wager with Suitanim - and for all our disagreements I still respect him as a poster - you sir - I most certainly dont - I want as little contact as possible with you if you dont mind.

NM

clevestinks
09-25-2005, 09:48 AM
This is not revenge in my book. A regular season game does not make up for ripping our hearts out in the post season. We proved last year that we can beat them in the regular season. This is an important home field advantage game, looking further down the road. I will be no more pumped than usual when we win. I am happy as hell each victory, this one will be no exception. We still have something to prove, even with a victory today.

Lets not forget the "One game at a time" approach. This is just one game. It doesnt put us in the Superbowl.

With that said" Lets kick some ass"

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2005, 10:15 AM
Lets not forget the "One game at a time" approach. This is just one game. It doesnt put us in the Superbowl.

With that said" Lets kick some ass"

Right on..it may not propel us in the SB or be a make or break game from a record standpoint, but damnit I wanna win this one !