PDA

View Full Version : And so it Begins...

Suitanim
09-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Media already starting to apologize for a possible loss?

"Defensive backs' injuries pile up for Patriots"
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4896960

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Thats just B.B. doing his usual song and dance.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-23-2005, 03:37 PM
I hope Ben throws for 400plus yards

Koopa
09-23-2005, 03:44 PM
i do to, them fools trying to downplay us being a passing threat:

"FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - New England could be fortunate that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a running team. The Patriots already are low on healthy defensive backs for their game Sunday."

bah on them fools that don't think we can't air it out, i hope we take advantage of them nothing havin much depth there and just pick them apart through the air.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2005, 04:19 PM
Last year they cried foul becuz they didnt have corey dillon and this player and that player..now this year its injuries.. We shall see.. u win as a team and lose as a team..Period, no matter what group of guys you field. If you dont have depth, u dont have shiat!

clevestinks
09-23-2005, 04:37 PM
Would it be better if they game was close?

Do we want to chance being over confident in the post season, if we were to play them again?

It may not mean a thing, I was just curous to see what everyone else thought.

SteelProven
09-23-2005, 04:42 PM
They got praised last year when they had second tier players in the secondary. Now all of a sudden they don't have this or that player. I think they put things out there so they can have a excuse to lose. I can say one thing I hope the Pats make the playoffs so we can knock them off and erase so of the misery we've been living with the past 5 years.

Black-n-Gold
09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
i do to, them fools trying to downplay us being a passing threat:

"FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) - New England could be fortunate that the Pittsburgh Steelers are a running team. The Patriots already are low on healthy defensive backs for their game Sunday."

bah on them fools that don't think we can't air it out, i hope we take advantage of them nothing havin much depth there and just pick them apart through the air.

The funny thing is that Pittsburgh was carried by their second string last year due to injuries and still made it to where they did. Instead of making excuses for possible future losses, the Steelers stepped up and took care of business. One part of a good team is having good back up players, hence why the Steelers were winning alot of their preseason games. If you rely too much on certian players, it's only a matter of time before they get injured.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2005, 05:18 PM

Do we want to chance being over confident in the post season, if we were to play them again?

I say a win is a win is a win... we already know they are tough..we already know we completely dismantled them in october last year, and still ended up on the wrong side of the win column in the playoffs.

If we dont know by now that the Pats are tough and beating them soundly doesnt guarantee anything in the postseason, then there is definately something wrong.

I.C. Lights
09-23-2005, 05:49 PM
One part of a good team is having good back up players, hence why the Steelers were winning alot of their preseason games. If you rely too much on certian players, it's only a matter of time before they get injured.

Exactly. And another part of being a good team is having players who are conditioned as such to prevent injuries. Granted, there are always certain impact injuries that you can do nothing to prevent, but the right conditioning and flexibility can really minimize injuries other, more common injuries - and that's just as much a part of the game as anything else.

I sometimes find myself using the injury excuse, but I am getting better about stopping myself and realizing how ridiculous it really is the more I realize how nobody can take being healthy for granted.

Waterboy! Woo hoo! :getdown:

Livinginthe past
09-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Well boo hoo!

I gotta say you Steeler fans are being a little precious about this whole thing - one minute you are telling the world how you are going to 'ram the football down our throats' with your esteemed ground game - then you're crying because you are being labelled as a primarily run first team.

That article is all based on fact - yes you are a running team, yes we are banged up in the secondary - and yes..as usual you are getting ahead of yourselves - worrying about what excuses the Pats are going to make WHEN they lose - lmao@ you guys - its all good.

I dont forecast any Steeler knickers becoming untwisted between now and kickoff though!

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
09-23-2005, 05:56 PM

Ha ha ha - sorry Cleve but this is the most absurd post I have seen in quite a while - you are now debating whether or not to blow us out of the water or take it easy to plan for future meet ups?

I have to wonder what on earth people are going to be posting on sunday.....

Cheers

NM

I.C. Lights
09-23-2005, 06:06 PM
Probably whether or not Polumalu will break the 7 sack record against you guys...

You know, optimism lowers the blood pressure.

slashsteel
09-23-2005, 06:28 PM
On Sunday we will be posting how sweet victory is. Will you be attending the party? :)

Livinginthe past
09-23-2005, 06:30 PM
On Sunday we will be posting how sweet victory is. Will you be attending the party? :)

You probably only have to look at our respective post-counts to see which of us is the more likely to be attending this forum after one of our teams loses.

I heard that if the Steelers win everyone gets a free beer - if they lose its a crate ha ha!

Cheers

NM

slashsteel
09-23-2005, 06:42 PM
This isn't my main site I post on, trust me though I'll be here. Funny crate joke, you thought of that one all by yourself huh? Of course you did.

But I love arrogant posters, hanging out on boards other than their own. I even will go as far to suggest you jumped on the wagon after the pats first SB win didn't you? C'mon shed some light.
But when the reality sinks that your run is over, I hope you still post the same way. As it will almost be as entertaining as it is now.

bigbensgirl7
09-23-2005, 07:31 PM
Well boo hoo!

I gotta say you Steeler fans are being a little precious about this whole thing - one minute you are telling the world how you are going to 'ram the football down our throats' with your esteemed ground game - then you're crying because you are being labelled as a primarily run first team.

That article is all based on fact - yes you are a running team, yes we are banged up in the secondary - and yes..as usual you are getting ahead of yourselves - worrying about what excuses the Pats are going to make WHEN they lose - lmao@ you guys - its all good.

I dont forecast any Steeler knickers becoming untwisted between now and kickoff though!

Cheers

NM
Living, I think the entire reason for this post is because last year when we beat you in regular season, all we heard was that Dillion was out. Whatever, our "starting" QB was out and we found a way to win. I think injuries, while they suck, can't hold you back and be an excuse to why you lost. You have to move on and find a way to win, and Living whether you want to admit it or not...that was the excuse as to why we beat you last year in the regular season.

Koopa
09-24-2005, 01:27 AM

well lets just keep the one game at a time approach and lets just beat the hell out of everyone if we can and worry about that in the playoffs. but what the hell i'll give you what i think, i think this team is older and wisher. cowher will have them in the right mind set and i think we are to hungry to have a big let down like last year, i don't think ward wants to be on camera cryin again for not getting a ring for the bus. so IF we beat the crap out of them again i don't think they'll be to over confident IF we meet in the playoffs again

Livinginthe past
09-24-2005, 03:30 AM
This isn't my main site I post on, trust me though I'll be here. Funny crate joke, you thought of that one all by yourself huh? Of course you did.

But I love arrogant posters, hanging out on boards other than their own. I even will go as far to suggest you jumped on the wagon after the pats first SB win didn't you? C'mon shed some light.
But when the reality sinks that your run is over, I hope you still post the same way. As it will almost be as entertaining as it is now.

Thanks for the props - it means alot to me - if by arrogant you mean I back my team - then I guess im guilty.

Getting desperate for ammo aren't we? I mean c'mon I expect this 'bandwagon' nonsense from raiders fans ...not Steelers.
You are the one setting yourself up for a fall, I have not made so much as a prediction about sunday yet - apart from the fact it should be close.

I can feel how bad you want this - try and keep things in perspective - just because we beat up on you in last years playoffs - try and keep your focus on winning the whole thing - not just beating us.

Cheers

NM

Livinginthe past
09-24-2005, 03:36 AM
Living, I think the entire reason for this post is because last year when we beat you in regular season, all we heard was that Dillion was out. Whatever, our "starting" QB was out and we found a way to win. I think injuries, while they suck, can't hold you back and be an excuse to why you lost. You have to move on and find a way to win, and Living whether you want to admit it or not...that was the excuse as to why we beat you last year in the regular season.

Hey BBGirl,

When two teams who are so evenly matched lose a key player then it has to have an effect on the game. Now the Pats fans who complain about this are probably right to feel aggrieved - but what do you care?

Just ignore them - I remember you telling me stop coming here expecting Steelers fans to bow down to us - maybe you should stop expecting Pats fans to bow down to a team that hammered us in the regular season but then got beat at home in the playoffs...

I'm pretty sure if Ben went out injured and you went on to lose we would hear all about how your back-up wasn't able to launch the deep ball etc etc

Im hoping for a game with no injuries....

Cheers

NM

Suitanim
09-24-2005, 07:26 AM
Just to clarify, I was condemning the media for making excuses SHOULD (not when) the Steelers win...Again, the whole hedging bets thing.

Somebody sure has their panties in a bunch in this thread, but I'm not sure it's any Steelers fans...

steeler47
09-24-2005, 09:52 AM

Hey Slash....see ya over there...my 2 cents...It will be sweet to shut the mouth's of the all knowing bandwagoners from patsieland!!

bigbensgirl7
09-24-2005, 08:43 PM
Hey BBGirl,

When two teams who are so evenly matched lose a key player then it has to have an effect on the game. Now the Pats fans who complain about this are probably right to feel aggrieved - but what do you care?

Just ignore them - I remember you telling me stop coming here expecting Steelers fans to bow down to us - maybe you should stop expecting Pats fans to bow down to a team that hammered us in the regular season but then got beat at home in the playoffs...

I'm pretty sure if Ben went out injured and you went on to lose we would hear all about how your back-up wasn't able to launch the deep ball etc etc

Im hoping for a game with no injuries....

Cheers

NM

I believe in depth to having a good football team! Injuries happen every day, but you have to people that can step up and fill in when a starter goes down. I never make an injury excuse....I think it's the lamest excuse in the book! You guys can say it all you want, I could care less...so what ever you need to do to feel good about yourselves. The problem was last year we ended your streak and made the rest of the NFL see that you were infact a team that could be beat and maybe not so perfect as you all believe you are!

I can agree with your last sentence though...I hope we have an injury free game!

Good luck...see ya tomorrow!

slashsteel
09-24-2005, 08:46 PM
Hi 47 it just kills me when clueless posters run off at the mouth like this patsie maroon.

Maybe they forgot how pathetic their team was before this little run. Cowher has nothing to be ashamed of. And sure we want this win what fan doesn't want to win?

I could see if we were over at the patsie board talking crap, but we are showing the class act and supporting our team here.

Kiddies that run to other boards trying to brag never impress me. BTW pats fan if you want to see how a classy patsie poster acts come to the steelreign.org. We have one that could show you a few pointers.

But yes 47, I will be here Sunday night for the party! Victory is close at hand!

sisitki
09-24-2005, 11:39 PM
Yes, the media is already making excuses IF the Steelers win. But that's to be expected. The Pats won 3 of the last 4. They love these guys. If you read stuff after the playoffs last year, it was a given that the Pats would have beat us IF dillon had played.

As far as thinking about having a close game so we're not over confident in the playoffs. I've thought the same thing....I hate to admit that because it's an absurd thought!

These stupid Patsies are in our heads. We should kick their asses at every opportunity. Never hope for a close game.

Regardless of the regular season outcomes, if we can't get up for playoffs, especially for a team that routinely ends our Super Bowl quest.....we've got problems.