PDA

View Full Version : FSN Pittsburgh Sucks

BeuffordLTD
08-11-2007, 11:34 PM
So I tune into to the pregame tonight, all hyped up to watch the Steelers' preseason game, then 730 rolls around, and what does FSN do in my part of WV? Switches to ultimate fighting.

FSN is the second most expensive channel next to ESPN in my market, and we get blacked out.

First they get rid of Guy, then they get rid of Mike Lang...who are the idiots that run this operation? It's like they want to lose viewers.

Geesh, looks like I am going to have to view for free on the web via SOPCast. So much for counting me as a viewer.

Anyone have a number that I can call come Monday?

Anyone have links to highlights...even though it appears there might not be much to cheer about this game.

BettisFan
08-11-2007, 11:41 PM
we lost.... :( but hey what the hell its preseason who cares if our backups lost to the packers backups! but yea fsn houston is great, it shows all pregame and games , btw the texans game was fun tonight we lost a game which seemed more like a bears home game with 95 percent of the audience being bears fans! but still fun!

BeuffordLTD
08-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Loss or not, preseason or not...I really wanted to see this game. I really wanted to see what players were where and how thye performed.

I know it's only preseason, but I am jonesing for some live Steelers action.

September can't get here faster, I guess.

Preacher
08-12-2007, 12:18 AM
:sofunny:

I am wondering... if your in WV, then your "Team" is probably Philadelphia.

JackHammer
08-12-2007, 01:06 AM
It's not FSN who made that decision. It was the NFL's rules. Stan mentioned it on either Thursday or Friday on Sportsbeat when a caller asked if it would be blacked out outside of the Pittsburgh market.

Jeremy
08-12-2007, 01:38 AM
:sofunny:

I am wondering... if your in WV, then your "Team" is probably Philadelphia.

What makes you say that? My mom and step-dad are in Morgantown and you see just as much Pittsburgh Steelers stuff there as you would in Pittsburgh. Sure there pockets of other fans there (Redskins, Ravens, Browns, etc) but you get the same thing in Pittsburgh.

Preacher
08-12-2007, 01:44 AM
What makes you say that? My mom and step-dad are in Morgantown and you see just as much Pittsburgh Steelers stuff there as you would in Pittsburgh. Sure there pockets of other fans there (Redskins, Ravens, Browns, etc) but you get the same thing in Pittsburgh.

The way the NFL and other pro leagues carve up the country now. If it is one territory and not the other, they will show a whole bunch of all the teams, but then not be able to show the game because it doesn't fall into that territory.

I was just wondering... actually, it sounds like something like that was the case...

It's not FSN who made that decision. It was the NFL's rules. Stan mentioned it on either Thursday or Friday on Sportsbeat when a caller asked if it would be blacked out outside of the Pittsburgh market.

Jeremy
08-12-2007, 01:48 AM
The way the NFL and other pro leagues carve up the country now. If it is one territory and not the other, they will show a whole bunch of all the teams, but then not be able to show the game because it doesn't fall into that territory.

I was just wondering... actually, it sounds like something like that was the case...

I got you. It's really nothing more than a way to get you to buy things like NFL Sunday Ticket. I guess one day when I have the spare money, I'll probably give in to the NFL and do just that. But this won't be the year.

stillers4me
08-12-2007, 08:12 AM
That's what happened in the Steeler bar in Cinci. There we all were, the Steeler faithful, eating our pregame meals of stromboli's, sandwiches called the Goomba and Italian Stallion, and me with my Pittsburgh steak salad, when BAM......the screen went black and a tiny message on the bottom of the screen informed us that the program was no longer available in our veiwing area.

Now I know for a fact that this bar has NFL ticket. Marty had to call his TV guru to dash over and go up on the roof. We didn't get back to the Pittsburgh game until the second quarter and no sound until just before halftime. He had to pull the game out of a Green Bay station so all we got to hear was how great the Packers and Brett Favre was.

But the food was great.

PsychoMagnit
08-12-2007, 08:17 AM
I had the same problem last night. All hyped up after the pregame and ready to watch the game, then BAM a black out. Some choice words were at that point.

FSN did announce at the end of the pregame that due to NFL policy the game would be blacked out to viewers outside the Pitt area.

The game is on at 5pm Sunday on the NFL Network.

And go for it man! Get the Sunday Ticket. This will be my 4th season having it. It actually saves me money vs. what I would spend on food and beer while watching at a bar. Not to mention that one DUI would cost more that 10 seasons of Sunday ticket.

SteelCityMan786
08-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Loss or not, preseason or not...I really wanted to see this game. I really wanted to see what players were where and how thye performed.

I know it's only preseason, but I am jonesing for some live Steelers action.

September can't get here faster, I guess.

How far are you from Pittsburgh? You might be able to get KDKA.

rbryan
08-12-2007, 10:31 AM
NFL Sunday ticket doesn't give you the preseason games either. NFL network has the rights and wants you to watch the tape delay today at 5:00.

NFL network sucks, I watched the Titans and Wash last night, what a joke. Marshall Faulk may have been a good player but he sucks at announcing. The other clown (Rich Eisen and Adam Sphincter's new but buddy?) Must have mentioned Vince Young's suspension every 30 seconds. I can't even watch that channel anymore.

Stlrs4Life
08-12-2007, 11:48 AM
FSN Pittsburgh never carries the game. Channel 2, CBS carries the games. And when a NFC team comes to Heinz, it will be carried by Fox.

08-13-2007, 09:40 AM
It is not FSN, it it the NFL. I love the NFL. It is by far the best professional sports league going right now. But the NFL needs to work on being more friendly to it's fans. This "terratorial rights" stuff is a bunch of BS! Tell me how showing a Pittsburgh Steelers PRESEASON....that's right...PRESEASON GAME, in Erie, PENNSYLVANIA (not ny) infringes on the rights of the Buffalo Bills. This garbage has been going on forever. In Erie, most NFL fans follow the Steelers, or the Browns. There are some Bills fans, but I doubt they are even the third most popular team in the region. I would bet there are more indiviual Cowboy, and Raider fans than the Bills. The same thing happens in the greater Harrisburg area. The NFL insisits that Harrisburg is Ravens territory. Are you kidding me, the Ravens. This, just like the NFL Network not being carried on the major cable entities (Time Warner, Comcast) is all about the all mighty dollar, and as usual it is the working man, that just wants to sit down in front of his TV with a cold one and watch his favorite team, that gets the shaft. No matter how much the NFL tries to cram the Bill down my throat, I WILL NEVER EVER BE A FAN OF THE BUFFALO BILLS!!! If anything the NFL has driven me to HATE the Bills. I would rather go outside on a Sunday afternoon and do work around the house, then sit there and watch the Bills vs. the Jets, or Dolphins, ect.

83-Steelers-43
08-13-2007, 06:04 PM
It is not FSN, it it the NFL.

Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner!!!

FSN Pittsburgh has nothing to do with it. Send your complaints to the NFL front office.