PDA

View Full Version : WOW...Sepulveda very impressive!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-12-2007, 06:56 AM
If I am not mistaken our new punter put 3 of his 5 punts behind the 20....

Someone can check this for me but I believe he Punted the first for 50 yards to the 12 yard line....the second was 49 yards to the 16 yard line...the third went 47 yards to the 21 yard line...his fourth punt was a whopping 59 yards to the 11 yard line ...and his last was 44yards to the 29 yard line.

...thats a 49.5 average with a field position averaging just past the 15 yard line!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was very leary about our drafting a punter in the 4th round...(and granting that this is the pre-season) with those type of numbers...Sepulveda will be a game-changer.

stillers4me
08-12-2007, 09:01 AM
And it's only the second preseason game.....

Practice makes perfect.

rog
08-12-2007, 10:05 AM
This guy might be my favorite player so far he is awsome.

GBMelBlount
08-12-2007, 10:26 AM
If I am not mistaken our new punter put 3 of his 5 punts behind the 20....

Someone can check this for me but I believe he Punted the first for 50 yards to the 12 yard line....the second was 49 yards to the 16 yard line...the third went 47 yards to the 21 yard line...his fourth punt was a whopping 59 yards to the 11 yard line ...and his last was 44yards to the 29 yard line.

...thats a 49.5 average with a field position averaging just past the 15 yard line!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was very leary about our drafting a punter in the 4th round...(and granting that this is the pre-season) with those type of numbers...Sepulveda will be a game-changer.

I was skeptical as well. If this is any indication of his future performance, it looks like they made a wise choice picking him that early. :wantsome:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Not only will we be getting better defensive field position this year...hopefully we'll get to see him knock some returners heads off!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-12-2007, 12:13 PM
You guys seemed shocked...He is the only punter to win two Ray Guy awards in college...I'm one for not drafting punters either...But if you're going to trade up to draft one then this was the guy to trade up for.....He is going to be huge for our defense for the next 10-15 years....He has great power in his leg and is a very good directional punter as well....

SteelCityMan786
08-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I think Spulveda showed us the only sign of good work last night. Kind of shows how bad the game went.

Stlrs4Life
08-12-2007, 12:42 PM
He sure did look good last night.

The Duke
08-12-2007, 01:13 PM
I know Sep will get the job, but Mike Barr sure was impressive too, He could be a punter in many teams, and I know many teams have sucky punters

Elvis
08-12-2007, 01:29 PM
I had friends laugh at me for saying that I thought the pick of a punter that early was a great move. I love the fact that the young man can pin the opponent's inside their own 20... that is something us Steelers fan's have not seen since the Dan Stryzinski days. I thought from the very start of the draft that we needed to address this position and the only other guy worth looking at was the guy out of Maryland... I love the pick and look forward to him being in the pro-bowl year after year.. even though.. .I hope that we havent got to use him very much.
:cheers:

Jman
08-12-2007, 01:53 PM
This is great news for the team. Special teams have been a huge concern for the past several years. Still need some improvement on returns, IMO, but great to see Sep doing a good job from the punting end. :)

nwksteeler
08-12-2007, 03:22 PM
Great start for the kid and he will only become more confident. Which will lead to better field position which is important for our Defense(would like to see more pressure on Qbs).

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 03:28 PM
Great start for the kid and he will only become more confident. Which will lead to better field position which is important for our Defense(would like to see more pressure on Qbs).

Your not going to see a lot of pressure from Dick. He will keep his new blitz packages hidden, and you will not see anything on defense until season starts.. If you have not notice, the first string playing a laid back defense and still stopping the other teams first string both of this last 2 games. The pressure you want to see will be in are first game against the browns. But what you like to see in pre season is the first string not allowing 1st downs and not letting big plays happen. Your not even going to see the different type of formations we will use in defense during pre season.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Exactly like Cross said LeBeau isn't calling his normal game and doesn't want to show to much during the pre-season...Once the season starts you will see the normal mad scientist in LeBeau.....Especially Keisel moving around from DE-OLB......I'm not worried about the pressure....Plus Woodley is coming along nicely and Harrison hasn't even played a down yet.....

stillers4me
08-12-2007, 03:57 PM
Also, Wilie Parker and Alan Faneca on the sidelines. Once the roster is streamlined, Parker, Faneca and Harrison back in the mix and Le Beau's and Tomlins mad schemes pulled out of the bag, we will be a force the rest of the league is not counting on. Add Woodley, "the quarterback killer" to the recipe and whoa.....baby!

I'm trying to hold back my excitement about this year and be cautiously optimistc........but it's just so hard!!!!!! It's hard to forget what it felt like watching the Bus hold that Lombardi in the air that day............and I want it again. If not this year, then soon.....very soon.

HometownGal
08-12-2007, 05:46 PM
Not only will we be getting better defensive field position this year...hopefully we'll get to see him knock some returners heads off!

Sep being a physical force is icing on the cake, imho. As long as he keeps booting that football the way he has and lengthens the opponents' field, he's gold. :thumbsup:

SteelFist
08-12-2007, 06:02 PM
He is going to help out a lot, particularly when we're in defensive battles with teams like the Ravens and Patriots.

TommyG
08-12-2007, 11:32 PM
And as a plus...we will not have to hear about that whole punt block thing.....Good riddance Gardocki....Oh and the punts will travel more than 20 yards....