PDA

View Full Version : A poll: Starks or Colon?

Jman
08-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Who should start at tackle? Willie Colon or Max Starks?

Stlrs4Life
08-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Starks blew chunks last night on the left side.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Had to go with Colon. Starks just hasn't impressed me and it's my feeling he will be gone next season.

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2007, 04:45 PM
i'm not sold on colon by any means , but we all know starks DEFINETLY is not the answer. starks should've got his walking papers this year!

HometownGal
08-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Neither of them have impressed me enough either in TC or preseason to be quite honest. Starks hasn't played all that well since the beginning of last season and I'm not sold on Colon yet either. What would be nice is if Mahan could play T - I'm totally up on this guy and feel he could be a tremendous asset on the line if Chukky gets anointed as the starting C.

Parker4.1
08-12-2007, 05:06 PM
Not sold on Colon either but you cant get much worse then Starks so....why not?

OneForTheToe
08-12-2007, 06:09 PM
I'm not sure either are ready to be a top notch tackle yet. However, there are two reasons why Colon has the advantage with me. First, Starks should be ahead in the learning curve because he is a two year starter, but he doesn't appear to be so. Second, and more importantly, if Colon had been knocked back like Starks last night, he would have goten mad, and wanted to knock somebody over. In other words, Colon has the fire that Starks seems to lack.

revefsreleets
08-12-2007, 06:29 PM
Marvel Smith should start at LT. Starks and Colon can battle for RT. I understand moving the guys around for experience, but enough is enough.

Atlanta Dan
08-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Colon - mystery of the pre-season is why Starks is playing so much at backup LT - no way he has the foot speed to protect Ben's blindside.

Starks or Essex will not make the opening day roster.

Crushzilla
08-12-2007, 06:58 PM
Won't Marvel Smith stay at LT?

Or did they shift him around?

If I had to choose one of the two RIGHT NOW, I'd like Colon. My colon has always done a good job cleaning out my system, so why not...

PUNtastic :thumbsup:

The Duke
08-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Starks is gone after this year!!

Michael Keller
08-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Hi

When you say you are "up on this guy" does this mean you are high on his general ability to play center of guard , or are you aware that he has played LEFT TACKLE in the NFL.

We definitely need an adequate back up left tackle if Marvel Smith ever misses any time.

Michael From Sacramento

Michael Keller
08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
Marvel Smith should start. The question is "who backs up Smith if he goes out? This is what Tomlin is trying to determine. Starks does not have the footwork to be a left tackle. He is barely getting away with his slow feet at right tackle. At this point I think if Smith ever misses any serious time there is not a player that would be able to step in and do an adequte job. Miller and Kreider at their respective positions are going to have provide help to Starks (and Ben) if he gets moved over or whoever else backs up Smith. Pray Smith does not get hurt and address this need in the off season.

Hey trade Faneca now and solve two problems.

Michael

The Duke
08-12-2007, 09:07 PM
Marvel Smith should start. The question is "who backs up Smith if he goes out? This is what Tomlin is trying to determine. Starks does not have the footwork to be a left tackle. He is barely getting away with his slow feet at right tackle. At this point I think if Smith ever misses any serious time there is not a player that would be able to step in and do an adequte job. Miller and Kreider at their respective positions are going to have provide help to Starks (and Ben) if he gets moved over or whoever else backs up Smith. Pray Smith does not get hurt and address this need in the off season.

Hey trade Faneca now and solve two problems.

Michael

Trai Essex?

Steel Pit
08-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Starks is a BUM!

steelpride12
08-14-2007, 08:59 PM
Starks has just not impressed me at all and i think anyone would be better than he, he is just one big open door and Colon can atleast block.

BlastFurnace
08-14-2007, 09:44 PM
I don't know how much longer Smith's contract goes for, but the Steelers do need to make a decision on Starks after this season. Perhaps they are looking to see if Starks could make the move if/when necessary.

Also, because Essex has never impressed anyone beyond Grimm, the Steelers don't want to be caught flat-footed in the event that Smith goes down for a game or two with an injury.

It's the smart thing to do this pre-season...but....heaven forbid if Starks ever has to take on Freeney on the left side.

ChronoCross
08-14-2007, 09:45 PM
I see the choice of possible guard was brought up for Starks.. I do not even see that happening. He cannot move left to right let a lone pull and make it over for a led block. Starks is done. This will be his last year and he is lucky we do not have big depth at O Line are he to me should be cut are traded now.

Colon can give us more of a chance and at least 16 less sacks during the season.

Elvis
08-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Colon would be my choice...
:helmet: