PDA

View Full Version : i hope no one minds

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 03:08 PM
but i am now going to be the texans representative on steelersfever, the texans are my favorate team as well as the steelers and i cant help it any longer to not talk about them here to, so yea go steelers!! Go texans!!! ok well: The game last night was great, it was like going to a bears home game though 70 percent of ppl there were bears fans!! proved three things:

The special teams have a chance to be extremely special. The offense needs a ton of work in the red zone. The defense needs to improve the pass rush.

The Bears left Reliant Stadium on Saturday with a 20-19 victory that came on Robbie Gould's 47-yard field goal with 36 seconds left.

The Texans showed they have a lot more to worry about than a preseason loss, starting with the loss of strong safety Glenn Earl. He suffered an injury to his left foot, and it probably will require surgery and could sideline him for a month of the regular season.

"It doesn't look good, but we'll know more Sunday," coach Gary Kubiak said. "It could possibly be the same injury Petey (cornerback DeMarcus Faggins) had last year."

Faggins broke his right foot the first week of camp and returned in time to start the last 10 games in 2006.

There's a chance that free safety C.C. Brown could be moved to strong safety, his more natural position. Von Hutchins, who intercepted a Brian Griese pass that set up a field goal, could play free safety. Veteran Jason Simmons and rookie Brandon Harrison also could figure into the equation.

On a night when former quarterback David Carr threw a touchdown pass in Carolina's victory over the New York Giants, the Texans manufactured only one TD against the Bears, the defending NFC champions.

"We always talk about finding ways to win, but tonight, we found ways to lose," Kubiak said. "When you score one touchdown after being in the red zone four times, you're going to lose."

The Texans were forced to settle for four Kris Brown field goals of 37, 20, 42 and 29 yards. Starting quarterback Matt Schaub completed 3-of-5 for 25 yards.

"I thought he did some good things," Kubiak said. "He's got great field presence. He makes good decisions. I only played him 11 or 12 plays, but I thought he did a real good job."

Kevin Walter couldn't hold one pass in which Schaub threw the ball right as he was getting hit. On another play, Walter got open in the end zone for what should have been a touchdown, but Schaub overthrew him.

"I missed that touchdown to Kevin, but we'll get it straightened out," Schaub said. "It's hard not to get frustrated because you have to make plays like that. They're the difference in winning and losing.

"I felt real comfortable with what we were doing, but we have to be more consistent, especially in the red zone."

Kubiak and Bears coach Lovie Smith, native Texans on opposite sidelines for the first time as head coaches, played everyone but their sons, and now they'll return to camp for some serious evaluations.

"We didn't run the ball well, and we've got to find out why," Kubiak said about 75 yards rushing. "We're usually looking at negative things so we can correct them, but I was happy with some things, too. Our special teams did a very good job. We showed we've got a chance to make some big plays in the return game."

The Texans' touchdown came in the third quarter when Sage Rosenfels threw a 6-yard scoring pass to Jeb Putzier. Rosenfels, who was outstanding in the 2006 preseason, replaced Schaub and finished with 16-of-26 for 138 yards.

Third-string quarterback Bradlee Van Pelt didn't help his chances to make the team. He was 1-of-7 for 8 yards and lost a fumble that set up Chicago's last touchdown that helped them overcome a 19-7 deficit entering the fourth quarter.

After the Bears' touchdown made it 19-14, the Bears drove to two Gould field goals.

"I thought we'd gotten over some of the things that went on tonight, but they're eating at me right now," Kubiak said.

Kubiak is giving the players today off. They'll return to camp on Monday with two practices, and the next preseason game is Saturday afternoon at Glendale, Ariz., against the Arizona Cardinals.

fansince'76
08-12-2007, 03:14 PM
OK, so you asked for your SN to be changed from ParkerFan to BettisFan. Would you like it to be changed to TexansFan now?

MACH1
08-12-2007, 03:19 PM
OK, so you asked for your SN to be changed from ParkerFan to BettisFan. Would you like it to be changed to TexansFan now?

As soon as he wants to finger out what bandwagon he wants to jump on. :dang:

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 03:27 PM
i havealways loved the steelers and just want to be able to talk about texans , i love them both, just like u let the browns and bungles fans do.

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Bandwagon jumpers are the worse. But to jump from the Steelers Nation to a joke of a team wow. From going to the kid like videos talking about the steelers to m. vick 2.. wow... Far as I am concern he can jump off the bridge now. Bandwagon fans are the worst. When you get out of puberty and figure out which team you will really root for, I would suggest you just do not speak.

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 03:48 PM
wtf guys!!! i am a diehard steelers fan i just root for the texans as long as they arent playing each other!!

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-12-2007, 03:49 PM
So this is like your coming out of the closet moment. Akward.

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 03:53 PM
wtf guys!!! i am a diehard steelers fan i just root for the texans as long as they arent playing each other!!

No your not. I see a texas logo. DieHard Steelers Fans never dawn another teams logo. And it sickens me to see your nick and then below it. You discus me.

If you wanted to set around and talk about the texans because you liked them, would of been fine. But to take it to the full extent of being a fan of there's to dawning there tags.

Your a bandwagon jumper. If it was not for rules, you would hear some words from me that hmm. Get out of my face with this crap.. Done with you..

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2007, 03:55 PM
a "diehard" steeler fan, wouldn't be caught dead babbling about thier love of the texans,and sporting texan colors....:screwy:

PisnNapalm
08-12-2007, 03:58 PM
I'd rather cut off my left nut than wear another team's colors. You're not die-hard. Sorry man, you're just not.

A die-hard Steelers fan would have sold his Houston Rockets tickets to get DirecTV and the NFL package.

tony hipchest
08-12-2007, 03:58 PM
the texans suck.

what else would you like to talk about?

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 04:02 PM
http://www.latrobe.edu.au/childlit/Reviews/Puberty.jpg

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 04:10 PM
I looked up the texan bandwagon..
http://www.parm.net/b3ta/bandwagon.jpg

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2007, 04:12 PM
the texans suck.

what else would you like to talk about?
hey tony! glad to see your back. how was your trip?

oh ,and to stay on topic......the texans suck, and so do bandwagon fans.

stillers4me
08-12-2007, 04:24 PM
Come on, guys. Give the kid a break.

If he admires and recognizes the strength of the Pittsburgh organization, he's a fan. Not everyone who posts here needs to be a dyed in the wool "diehard". If a youngster wants to root for the Steelers, while liking the Texans I see no problem........the more he learns about the Steelers the less he'll like about his other teams. Relax....he's hanging out in the right place for his education!!

You can wave your Terrible Towel next to me, kiddo. Just shut up about the Texans, will ya........:wink02:

touchdownward
08-12-2007, 04:39 PM
Ah, to be young and fickle again.

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 04:40 PM
Come on, guys. Give the kid a break.

If he admires and recognizes the strength of the Pittsburgh organization, he's a fan. Not everyone who posts here needs to be a dyed in the wool "diehard". If a youngster wants to root for the Steelers, while liking the Texans I see no problem........the more he learns about the Steelers the less he'll like about his other teams. Relax....he's hanging out in the right place for his education!!

You can wave your Terrible Towel next to me, kiddo. Just shut up about the Texans, will ya........:wink02:

thanks man, yall need to chiil, and yea shut up with the texans jokes, i never said i dont like steelers i love them! but i also love the texans and i guess this is my "comming outof the closet moment" its not like i just became a texans fan, i just wasnt sure how everyone would take it so i thought after getting to know yall i thought u would be fine with it, i guess not...

tony hipchest
08-12-2007, 04:46 PM
thanks man, yall need to chiil, and yea shut up with the texans jokes, i never said i dont like steelers i love them! but i also love the texans and i guess this is my "comming outof the closet moment" its not like i just became a texans fan, i just wasnt sure how everyone would take it so i thought after getting to know yall i thought u would be fine with it, i guess not...

we're devastated

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 04:48 PM

http://www.dodgeintrepid.net/forums/images/smilies/yousuck.png

Go back in the closet, close the door, have your mom lock the door and do not come back out.

fansince'76
08-12-2007, 04:49 PM

Here's a novel idea - did you ever think about joining a Texans board? Just a thought. Age is no excuse either - when I was 14/15, there is no way in hell I would have sported any team's colors besides the B&G. That was pre-Internet, but the same would have applied had it and this board existed at the time. You're not a die-hard if you support another team. Period.

MACH1
08-12-2007, 04:54 PM
Here's a novel idea - did you ever think about joining a Texans board? Just a thought. Age is no excuse either - when I was 14/15, there is no way in hell I would have sported any team's colors besides the B&G. That was pre-Internet, but the same would have applied had it and this board existed at the time. You're not a die-hard if you support another team. Period.

Or a true fan. A true fan would never jump from team to team.

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 04:55 PM
i dont jump i have alwasys liked both teams!!

steelpinstripe72
08-12-2007, 04:59 PM
A die-hard Steelers fan would have sold his Houston Rockets tickets to get DirecTV and the NFL package.

I don't agree with this, but whatever. Anyway. I don't agree with what BettisFan's doing, either, but this isn't the first time I've seen such a thing happen. My dad has been dividing his loyalties up. That's right, my dad, the one who got me bit by the Black and Gold bug. Now that I'm at school in Buffalo, my dad has declared himself a Bills fan, and is wondering why I haven't done the same. And every time he (and my grandfather, a Bills fan for some unknown reason) brings it up, my answer is the same: my heart isn't big enough for more than one team of any given sport on the pro level. For me, it's one heart, one football team. But that's me.

stillers4me
08-12-2007, 05:02 PM
Chill out, boys!! Just think of the potential here!!

You have the chance to mold a young mind and turn him into a life long Steeler fan!.....but geesh! He may be young but....hey........they're like a sponge and you're all going to drive him deep into the heart of Texas and he'll be lost to the black and gold forever! A mind is a terrrible thing to waste!! :sofunny:

Save the smack for the Bengirls, the Clowns and the Ratbirds.........it's much more gratifying. :flap:

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 05:04 PM
u guys are acting immature

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2007, 05:06 PM
son.....youe dead to me :coffee:........:sofunny:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-12-2007, 05:07 PM

:flap::flap:

stillers4me
08-12-2007, 05:08 PM

He's joking.............AREN"T YOU???? :sofunny:

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 05:09 PM
u guys are acting immature

Boo Hoo.

Here is how we lost the retard;

I hope no one minds, I rented a copy of broke back mountain, I stopped thinking about girls, my mom finally let me come out of the closet in a dress, and now I am a texan fan because I like them type of boys.

Find your self a nice little fan base texan board and just go away, go away.

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2007, 05:10 PM
He's joking.............AREN"T YOU???? :sofunny:of course...he's not my son.....:coffee:

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 05:11 PM

Totally agree.

Big7BenHOF
08-12-2007, 05:30 PM
:coffee:

^Thats a tight smiley

It's like......the stay home mom with the nonchelont attitude

>_>

PisnNapalm
08-12-2007, 06:13 PM
Here's the thing... You join a Steelers forum, make over 700 posts professing your love for the Steelers and even have the gall to take the name BettisFan and THEN you change your colors to the Texans?

Son that's a slap in the face to the Steelers fans here. Pardon us if we slap ya back. http://www.bomberboys.com/Smilies/bslap.gif

silver & black
08-12-2007, 06:20 PM
Here's the thing... You join a Steelers forum, make over 700 posts professing your love for the Steelers and even have the gall to take the name BettisFan and THEN you change your colors to the Texans?

Son that's a slap in the face to the Steelers fans here. Pardon us if we slap ya back. http://www.bomberboys.com/Smilies/bslap.gif

I'm not by any means a Steelers fan, but, I totaly agree with you.

We went through the same thing with one of our members last year... I haven't seen him around in a while. You all know him as Tha Rock.

I don't know how old you are BettisFan, but you got some stones to do what you're doing on this forum.

fansince'76
08-12-2007, 06:29 PM
We went through the same thing with one of our members last year... I haven't seen him around in a while. You all know him as Tha Rock.

Oh, yeah - the functional illiterate known as "Tha Rock." He hasn't been around these parts for a while, either. :chuckle:

HometownGal
08-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Bettisfan, Parkerfan - Whoeverfan- I have no right, nor does anyone else, to tell you which team(s) to support, but if you are going to proclaim yourself as a "diehard Steelers fan" one day, then turn around the next day and profess your "love" for the Texans, it shreds your credibility like swiss cheese around here and doesn't say much about your comprehension of the term "die hard". There are other NFL teams that I enjoy watching when the Steelers have already played or are on their bye, but I'll be gosh damned go to hell if I'd ever proclaim myself a fan of another team and worse yet - add that team not only as my avatar, but as my signature on a Pittsburgh Steelers BB!!!! :mallet::buttkick: Holy sh it - you flip flop more than . . . .

http://www.theodoresworld.net/pics/0601/kerryImage29.jpg

silver & black
08-12-2007, 06:49 PM
Oh, yeah - the functional illiterate known as "Tha Rock." He hasn't been around these parts for a while, either. :chuckle:

Thats a good thing. Every time that guy posted something on here, I would cringe and hope that you all didn't think all of us Raider fans were like that.............................. Well, I guess I just tee'd it up for you.................. have at it! :sofunny:

fansince'76
08-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Thats a good thing. Every time that guy posted something on here, I would cringe and hope that you all didn't think all of us Raider fans were like that.............................. Well, I guess I just tee'd it up for you.................. have at it! :sofunny:

No, not at all, S&B - I know better than that. :cheers:

silver & black
08-12-2007, 06:55 PM
No, not at all, S&B - I know better than that. :cheers:

Right back at ya. :cheers:

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2007, 06:58 PM
i kinda miss " daa rock "....he did have entertainment value. :sofunny:

Crushzilla
08-12-2007, 07:07 PM
:Hides Rudi Johnson Auburn jersey in his bottom drawer:

The Duke
08-12-2007, 07:23 PM
Well bettisfan(formerly parkerfan) I have no prob with what you're doing, just remember if it comes
to texans vs steelers you're the enemy

X-Terminator
08-12-2007, 07:28 PM
Edit: nevermind. Not going to bother...

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 08:43 PM
what eva i reall y dont care what yall say i love the steelers, and am a diehard fan

steelpinstripe72
08-12-2007, 08:52 PM
:Hides Rudi Johnson Auburn jersey in his bottom drawer:

Traitor! :finger:

Actually, this all reminds me of a recent conversation I had with a girl I went to school with. We used to be friends, but now, not so much. She was a Packers fan circa Super Bowl XXXI, or so she claimed. Her parents wouldn't let her watch the game at home, because her dad hated sports, so being the friend that I was, I invited her over. She lost interest rather quickly. Something tells me that she was just jumping on the bandwagon. Jump forward a decade and now, she's living in Cinci with her husband and claims she's a "die-hard Bengals fan." I asked her to name five players, she couldn't even name one. She goes on to tell me that she's living in Cinci, she has to be a Bengals fan; and since I'm living in Buffalo, I should be doing what she does and rooting for "the home team." Still a bandwagoner, just in a different sense now. Disgusting.

83-Steelers-43
08-12-2007, 08:58 PM
what eva i reall y dont care what yall say i love the steelers, and am a diehard fan

It's a mix between Tha Rock, Brutus and Benedict Arnold. That's something you don't see everyday.

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2007, 09:03 PM
It's a mix between Tha Rock, Brutus and Benedict Arnold. That's something you don't see everyday.
http://http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/6360/dro0533loi4.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

83-Steelers-43
08-12-2007, 09:04 PM
FredoFan?

VoGSyFtrak4

MasterOfPuppets
08-12-2007, 09:10 PM
FredoFan?

VoGSyFtrak4
:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

Traitor may also mean a person who betrays (or is accused of betraying) their own political party, nation, family, friends, ethnic group, religion, social class,fan base, or other group to which they may belong. Often, such accusations are controversial and disputed, as the person may not identify with the group of which they are a member, or may otherwise disagree with the group leaders making the charge.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treason
http://http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/7532/imagesjh9.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 09:33 PM
yea i actaully love the godfather and fredo is one of my favorate charecters GO STEELERS!

fansince'76
08-12-2007, 09:36 PM
GO STEELERS!

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1517007/2/istockphoto_1517007_tenacious_fence_sitter.jpg

83-Steelers-43
08-12-2007, 09:37 PM
yea i actaully love the godfather and fredo is one of my favorate charecters GO STEELERS!

Tha Rock, come clean, is that you? :wave:

ZeJj9k851R0

tony hipchest
08-12-2007, 09:54 PM
Bettisfan, Parkerfan - Whoeverfan- I have no right, nor does anyone else, to tell you which team(s) to support, but if you are going to proclaim yourself as a "diehard Steelers fan" one day, then turn around the next day and profess your "love" for the Texans, it shreds your credibility like swiss cheese around here and doesn't say much about your comprehension of the term "die hard". .

(this thread is worthy)

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 09:56 PM
no this is maurice sorry not the rock

tony hipchest
08-12-2007, 10:00 PM
no this is maurice sorry not the rockwait a minute.... are you the "space cowboy" or the "space texan"? are you a "midnight toker"?

The Duke
08-12-2007, 10:22 PM
(this thread is worthy)

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

I missed those unexpected cheeses so much

tony hipchest
08-12-2007, 10:24 PM
I missed those unexpected cheeses so muchlol. notice ben is wearing the texans colors???

hmmmm :scratchchin:

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 10:34 PM
lol. notice ben is wearing the texans colors???

hmmmm :scratchchin:

http://texascheese.com/images/strykly250.jpg

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 11:08 PM
well texas is better than indiana bro sorry man :(

verks36
08-12-2007, 11:11 PM
OK OK OK.... here is my point of view

being a similar age as you I think i can could relate to you. But there is not way in hell i could say i was a fan of another team than the steelers. I rather have a F#CK!N broom shoved up my ass than say i was a fan of another team. The texans and the steelers are opponents they compete with each other. Have you ever thought of who you would root for if they played each other. There is no way in hell i die hard steelers fan can rep another team. I am very disappointed steelers fans arent bandwagggon jumpers. Even if you are in the middle of bungle ville you still rep your steelers colors proud and dont swap teams.

Also if you told us when you first joined it would be a different story. Why now dude? Change your name and take that bettis picture out of your sig.
TO me you are offending bettis with that texans picture any where close to the BUS

ChronoCross
08-12-2007, 11:18 PM

I am not your bro. We do not belong to the same nation. You burnt your bridges to the nation.

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 11:22 PM
OK OK OK.... here is my point of view

being a similar age as you I think i can could relate to you. But there is not way in hell i could say i was a fan of another team than the steelers. I rather have a F#CK!N broom shoved up my ass than say i was a fan of another team. The texans and the steelers are opponents they compete with each other. Have you ever thought of who you would root for if they played each other. There is no way in hell i die hard steelers fan can rep another team. I am very disappointed steelers fans arent bandwagggon jumpers. Even if you are in the middle of bungle ville you still rep your steelers colors proud and dont swap teams.

Also if you told us when you first joined it would be a different story. Why now dude? Change your name and take that bettis picture out of your sig.
TO me you are offending bettis with that texans picture any where close to the BUS

well i guess mabey you should come out of the closet then bro not me ur sayign u want a broom up ur a** i would wear any jersey rather then have that!

fansince'76
08-12-2007, 11:26 PM
And this, folks, is our future. Sad, ain't it?

Preacher
08-12-2007, 11:42 PM
If you wanted to set around and talk about the texans because you liked them, would of been fine. But to take it to the full extent of being a fan of there's to dawning there tags.

I gotta say that this is true.

I have said a number of times that growing up in Washington State, I have been a Seattle fan for years. Many people have read that and never had a problem, however, my team is Steelers... and there is no other av or sig!

BettisFan
08-12-2007, 11:45 PM
u guys are ridiculous

verks36
08-12-2007, 11:47 PM
well i guess mabey you should come out of the closet then bro not me ur sayign u want a broom up ur a** i would wear any jersey rather then have that!

YOu are the one who changes your mind every two second BRO. you cant get I dont know the next thing you are going to be like is ya umm not only am i a die hard texans fan but i am also a die hard Ravens fan to. Also man i wasnt literally saying having broom shoved up your ass. You just go around saying ya i am a die hard fan like it doesnt get old. Dude you have lost all credibility's on this forum

Here have fun picking which broom you want to use but it willl probably take you along time because we all know you have a hard time picking one thing and sticking to your decision.

http://www.naturecraft.net/images/ourtrademark/2001/broom101.jpg

tony hipchest
08-12-2007, 11:47 PM
I rather have a F#CK!N broom shoved up my ass than say i was a fan of another team.

:jawdrop: TMI

as a "local" and former arizonian, i have no problem pulling for the cardinals. i still even sport my "throwback" s. buerlein jersey every once in a while.

of course i would never rep any other team on a steelers board. i like other teams. i love the steelers.

83-Steelers-43
08-12-2007, 11:51 PM

06JUfkiMOVc

MACH1
08-12-2007, 11:51 PM
u guys are ridiculous

Just like Pacman and so many bungals, you just don't get it!!!

fansince'76
08-12-2007, 11:57 PM
YOu are the one who changes your mind every two second BRO. you cant get I dont know the next thing you are going to be like is ya umm not only am i a die hard texans fan but i am also a die hard Ravens fan to. Also man i wasnt literally saying having broom shoved up your ass. You just go around saying ya i am a die hard fan like it doesnt get old. Dude you have lost all credibility's on this forum

Here have fun picking which broom you want to use but it willl probably take you along time because we all know you have a hard time picking one thing and sticking to your decision.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb136/garyb12001/ha_ha_gibberish.jpg

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 12:21 AM
GO STEELERS!!

pittsburghp8baller
08-13-2007, 12:31 AM
yall need to cool it. dam making a big deal about a nothing. so he roots for the texans. i lived the first part of my life in pittsburgh but have spent the majority in Virginia. ever since the nats have come to town i have started to follow them closer i even have a nats hat jus because their on all the time. but i would never route for the nats over the pirates. if im wrong tell me but is that kinda like u bettisfan?

RoethlisBURGHer
08-13-2007, 12:34 AM
The thing is man,a die-hard doesn't wear or display another team's logo,colors,or jersey unless it's to pay-off a lost bet (I hate whelchers).

You cannot claim to be a die-hard fan of the Steelers or the Texans.

For a die-hard,there is 31 teams in the NFL and then there is whatever team you cheer for...for me it's the Steelers.

And as for discussing the Texans...they suck...they'll be garbage once again this year.If you wanna discuss the Texans,then go join a Texans message board.

pittsburghp8baller
08-13-2007, 12:44 AM
i get wat ur saying.

i love the steelers to death. their is something about the team. couldnt think about cheering for another team. but yet if he wants to route for another team let him be. jus let it go.

bettisfan if u want to talk texans ill talk texans. i love the steelers but i also love football ill talk about anything football

steelpinstripe72
08-13-2007, 12:50 AM
The thing is man,a die-hard doesn't wear or display another team's logo,colors,or jersey unless it's to pay-off a lost bet.

And that, my friends, is why I never bet on games involving my teams, football or otherwise.

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 01:31 AM
yall need to cool it. dam making a big deal about a nothing. so he roots for the texans. i lived the first part of my life in pittsburgh but have spent the majority in Virginia. ever since the nats have come to town i have started to follow them closer i even have a nats hat jus because their on all the time. but i would never route for the nats over the pirates. if im wrong tell me but is that kinda like u bettisfan?
EXACTLY!! thats what is manwow ok so we can relate and tell these guys to chill, yea and i would love to talk texans with you!

Livinginthe past
08-13-2007, 01:55 AM
Looking back on the thread title RonDayne_Fan realised he may have been a little optimistic.

I think, as a pay off, this should be the tag you get referred to by everyone else here - im sure they'd be alot more comfortable with it than the one you have opted for.

So....how about those Colts?

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Looking back on the thread title RonDayne_Fan realised he may have been a little optimistic.

I think, as a pay off, this should be the tag you get referred to by everyone else here - im sure they'd be alot more comfortable with it than the one you have opted for.

So....how about those Colts?

? what lol that made not much sence

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 02:08 AM
oh and after who ever it was said i should change my name i asked steelersfever to but he said no so yall want to petition or something i am willing but he said i have to wait 6 months lol!

GO STEELERS!!

stlrtruck
08-13-2007, 07:27 AM
For the first time in my life I've found the one Steeler fan that wants to be like every other team's fan in the league and have a second team....this day I am shamed.

CantStop85
08-13-2007, 09:20 AM
GO BRONCOS!!! WOOOO

fansince'76
08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
Well, since everybody's being so honest in this thread, I am, in fact, a closet Montreal Alouettes fan:

http://www.d4m.com/college_alma/calma/football/IMAGES/ALOUETTES_LOGO.JPG

GO ALOUETTES!!! :cheer: :jammin: :banana: :chicken: :chicken: :banana: :jammin: :cheer:

:chuckle:

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 11:18 AM
alouettes?

steelpinstripe72
08-13-2007, 11:37 AM
alouettes?

Canadian Football League. Speaking of which - does that really count, fansince? The Steelers and the Alouettes never play each other.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-13-2007, 11:50 AM
Being the fan of a CFL team doesn't make you non die-hard since the two teams will never meet.

I am a die-hard Steelers,Buckeyes,and Penguins fan.I cannot claim to be a die-hard Indians or Pirates fan since I am a fan of both teams.

HometownGal
08-13-2007, 03:01 PM
And this, folks, is our future. Sad, ain't it?

The new age Steelers fan.....err, I mean Texans fan.....err, I mean Steelers fan.....err, I mean Texans fan. This sh it is making me :willy::willy:

Hey Bettisfan - are ya gonna tell us next week that you're a Bungles fan too?

http://troll.freeservers.com/ricktr.jpg

The Duke
08-13-2007, 03:07 PM
GO BRONCOS!!! WOOOO

CS, you a broncos fan?

Preacher
08-13-2007, 03:18 PM
CS, you a broncos fan?

Hey.. It is a step for him!

:wink02:

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 03:20 PM
why arent u all mad at CS? u were at me

PisnNapalm
08-13-2007, 03:23 PM

Coz CS85 is a loser Bunghole fan to start with. You've turned away from the best team in the NFL. :dang:

CantStop85
08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
CS, you a broncos fan?

Nah, just picking out a second team...everyone's doing it. :flap:

I actually kind of liked the Broncos when I was younger...I always loved John Elway, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, and Ed McCaffrey. I guess I became a real Bengals fan in about 1997, when Corey Dillon was drafted and Boomer came back for that last season.

The Duke
08-13-2007, 03:29 PM

I actually kind of liked the Broncos when I was younger...I always loved John Elway, Terrell Davis, Rod Smith, and Ed McCaffrey. I guess I became a real Bengals fan in about 1997, when Corey Dillon was drafted and Boomer came back for that last season.

lol, alright. Guess I feel left out with no second team :crying02: . But i've always been a Favre fan and always will be, but I ain't ever jumping in the packers bandwagon, if they even have one :smile:.

fansince'76
08-13-2007, 03:35 PM

Couldn't care less, frankly. I just took issue with your definition of what a die-hard Steelers fan is. Sorry son, but you're not one.

Preacher
08-13-2007, 03:41 PM
Bettisfan.

Let me put it this way.

We are now in the second season since the Steelers played the Seahawks in the SB. I have yet to be able to route for Seattle in any game. I probably won't be able to for at least another 3 to 4 years, simply because they played Pittsburgh in the SB.

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 03:55 PM
well i am a die hard steelers fan

83-Steelers-43
08-13-2007, 03:57 PM
The way I look at it....

You want to be a fan of both teams? Go for it. Your choice. Personally, I really don't care what you do. But to claim your a die-hard Steeler fan while you also cheer for another NFL team is comical to say the least.

Thankfully you now live in Texas and not Pittsburgh. IMO, you give a bad name to all Steeler fans who happen to live outside the Pittsburgh area. No different than your typical Bengal fan. I'm done with this. Take care.

What a joke.

MasterOfPuppets
08-13-2007, 04:10 PM

it certainly increases the odds for ya of gettin to cheer in the post season, you certainly can't depend on the bungholes for football in january !!! :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

silver & black
08-13-2007, 04:11 PM
GO BRONCOS!!! WOOOO

STOP THAT!!!

MasterOfPuppets
08-13-2007, 04:16 PM
STOP THAT!!!
S & b , I'M SURE WE CAN GET YOU AN APPLICATION FOR THE STEELER NATION !!!!!

hey!!! i made a rhyme.....:thumbsup:

CantStop85
08-13-2007, 04:35 PM

Nah man, the Oilers are definitely winning the championship this year. :cheer:

fansince'76
08-13-2007, 04:47 PM
Nah man, the Oilers are definitely winning the championship this year. :cheer:

http://www.titansproshop.com/images/products/medium/lluvyablueshirt.jpg

:chuckle:

silver & black
08-13-2007, 04:52 PM

Never gonna happen... I've been a fan of the Silver and Black for 40 years. Remember... there is only one nation.................. RAIDER NATION... and I'm a card carrying member! :thumbsup:

MasterOfPuppets
08-13-2007, 05:02 PM
Never gonna happen... I've been a fan of the Silver and Black for 40 years. Remember... there is only one nation.................. RAIDER NATION... and I'm a card carrying member! :thumbsup:
get out of jail free card :sofunny: j/k

Jman
08-13-2007, 05:06 PM

Reading the beginning of this thread I almost wet myself. :toofunny: You guys are fierce! Comin' down on a young buck cuz of his split love for the Steelers and the...wait who was the other team again? Eh doesn't matter. :blah:

Kid - root for who ya love. Except when they play the B&G. :tt02:

fansince'76
08-13-2007, 05:27 PM
i also love the texans and i guess this is my "comming outof the closet moment" its not like i just became a texans fan, i just wasnt sure how everyone would take it so i thought after getting to know yall i thought u would be fine with it, i guess not...

No, you're not.

MasterOfPuppets
08-13-2007, 05:33 PM

Reading the beginning of this thread I almost wet myself. :toofunny: You guys are fierce! Comin' down on a young buck cuz of his split love for the Steelers and the...wait who was the other team again? Eh doesn't matter. :blah:

Kid - root for who ya love. Except when they play the B&G. :tt02:treason is no laughing matter. :coffee: all nations, including the steeler nation, should deal with traitors fiercly! :whip: this is the most disgusting thing i've seen since the illegals protesting in OUR streets carrying mexican flags and bitching about thier rights in our country!

RoethlisBURGHer
08-13-2007, 05:45 PM

How old are you,10,11,12?

A die-hard doesn't "have love" for any other team.Therefore you are not a die-hard Steelers fan.You are a split-fan of the Steelers and Texans.

Maybe you jumped on the Steelers bandwagon after Super Bowl XL and were smart enough not to jump off after last season.But no matter what,you are NOT a die-hard fan of the Steelers or the Texans.

And you give me a bad name too,I have lived in Cleveland my whole life...but I have only loved one NFL franchise,the Pittsburgh Steelers.I couldn't "have love" for another team in the NFL if I had a gun in my mouth.

HometownGal
08-13-2007, 05:48 PM

No, young man - you are NOT.

Jim Kelly is one of my all-time fave non-Steelers, but I wasn't a Bills fan, especially not when they were playing my Steelers. Though I almost gouged the eyes out of the guy sitting behind me at TRS the last time the Bills played there on MNF because he was yelling "break his leg" (Kelly), I cheered loudly every time the Steelers sacked Kelly that night (which was quite often - LOL!). I was a fan of the player, not the team. I would rather shove bamboo shoots under my fingernails than support any other team. I was born a Steelers fan and I'm going to die a Steelers fan. There is no in-between. :tt02:

By proclaiming your loyalty to two different teams, I can't see you as anything else but a ....

http://thumb9.webshots.net/s/thumb4/6/66/5/197066605NUZNZv_th.jpg

silver & black
08-13-2007, 05:54 PM
get out of jail free card :sofunny: j/k

That could be useful. :cheers:

touchdownward
08-13-2007, 06:32 PM
The attention junkie has definitely gotten his fix.

CantStop85
08-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Jim Kelly is one of my all-time fave non-Steelers, but

But your favorite is Ken Anderson, right? :wink02:

BlacknGold76
08-13-2007, 07:23 PM

What?:jawdrop: Obviously you fell into a vat of bandwagon kool-aid sparky.

HometownGal
08-13-2007, 07:28 PM
:jawdrop:But your favorite is Ken Anderson, right? :wink02:

Y'know - I can't say that he isn't - LOL! I totally respected Kenny - he used to give our D fits. I also had a lot of respect for Boomer when he was behind center. Did I just say that?

BlacknGold76
08-13-2007, 07:58 PM
:jawdrop:

Y'know - I can't say that he isn't - LOL! I totally respected Kenny - he used to give our D fits. I also had a lot of respect for Boomer when he was behind center. Did I just say that?

You did but in my eyes you will always bleed B&G HTG.:thumbsup:

PisnNapalm
08-13-2007, 08:43 PM
He turned his back on the Steelers mighty quick.

I do believe I tracked down one of if not his very first post. http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15751 Note that it's dated March of this year.

Hey , well i am going to introduce myself! i am a diehard steelers fan since birth when i was born in squirrel hill in pittsburgh. All my family loves the steelers so its great, my favorate player until he retired was Bettis! but now its parker i love willie he has a different build and runstyle but hey it works here! i recently moved from pittsburgh to texas so yea but hey thanks for this awesome forum! :cheers: well i see alot of ppl have sigs here does anyone know where i can get a willie parker one! thanks

How long exactly is "recently"? 1 month? 6 months?

I've lived near Philly for about 13 years now. I laughed in the faces of Birds fans after their super bowl loss a few years back. I wear the Black and Gold proudly everywhere I go. It's the only NFL colors I've ever worn my entire life.

The only non Pittsburgh teams colors I've worn are the hats given to us coaches for little league baseball.

Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins are the only sports teams gear I've ever owned. The thought of wearing any other teams colors is hateful to me.

I have Steelers pictures and commemorative coins mounted and hanging on my walls. Pictures of Pittsburgh and Kennywood hang on my walls too. Most of the t-shirts in my drawers are Steelers. All of my hats are Steelers or Pirates. My coats and jackets are Steelers, Pirates or Pens. I cannot begin to count the number of items I've got in my house that are black and gold.

Right here right now within arms reach of my computer are 22 items with a Steelers logo on it. That's just my desk.

I identify with the Steelers. When they are doing well and winning I FEEL like a winner. When they are losing and things look bleak I'm a miserable son of a bitch to be around. When we won XL I was giddy and screaming into a Steelers floor pillow while I rolled around on the floor. I still curse the name Neil O'Donnell and will till I die.

I've rambled long enough I suppose.... You're not a "Die-Hard", you're not even a AAA battery.

EDIT:: One other thing... You probably like that farking McMascot don't you?

touchdownward
08-13-2007, 09:02 PM
Wasn't this the kid with a terrible towel draped over his shoulder who begged posters to watch his Steelers talk video which was ladden with "and ums" and "uhs" and seemed to be unable to keep his hands off his face?

Preacher
08-13-2007, 09:06 PM
EDIT:: One other thing... You probably like that farking McMascot don't you?

PNP...

Tell me,

am I sensing a slight dislike of the mascot? I thought so after the last few posts of yours concerning it! :sofunny:

PisnNapalm
08-13-2007, 09:11 PM
PNP...

Tell me,

am I sensing a slight dislike of the mascot? I thought so after the last few posts of yours concerning it! :sofunny:

When I look upon that abomination named Steely McBeam I feel disgust, anger, embarrassment and betrayal.

fansince'76
08-13-2007, 09:12 PM
Wasn't this the kid with a terrible towel draped over his shoulder who begged posters to watch his Steelers talk video which was ladden with "and ums" and "uhs" and seemed to be unable to keep his hands off his face?

Yup. :rolleyes:

hey why not support your friend ParkerFan, i just started a Steelers video series go check it and if please suscribe i will be making a new video weekly support me please. Sendme yu questions or what ever u want me to say on air in Pm's here or to my email resso@steelersfan.net. Thanks guys

Steelers Weekly News 3-28-07 Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRSe33N3cG8

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15963

The Duke
08-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Funny thing is, this thread started as "I hope no one minds...." and now there's 12 pages of people hating on this kid

RoethlisBURGHer
08-13-2007, 09:42 PM
Funny thing is, this thread started as "I hope no one minds...." and now there's 12 pages of people hating on this kid

That is because it's blasphemy!

verks36
08-14-2007, 12:11 AM

Also never ever compare steelers fans to bungles fans that is an insult in its self.

what did you think was going to happen when you made a whole thread claiming you are a fan of both the texans and the steelers and claim to be a die hard for both to a forum filled with many REAL die hard steeler fans.

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 03:15 AM
well i am a diehard steelers fan!!! Also yea i like 2 teams sorry for all u ppl who have mental problems u cant accept that, GO TEXANS!! GO STEELERS!!!

Aussie_steeler
08-14-2007, 05:26 AM
You are preaching to the wrong group here.

http://www.franklin.ecsd.net/cv%20res6.gif

Time to pull your head in and give up on trying to convert us.

These guys wont need converting. They will love to swap texan highlights with you.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/

PisnNapalm
08-14-2007, 07:13 AM
well i am a diehard steelers fan!!! Also yea i like 2 teams sorry for all u ppl who have mental problems u cant accept that, GO TEXANS!! GO STEELERS!!!

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Well you're right about one thing... I am completely mental for the Steelers. I eat, sleep and breathe Steelers and then I shit a Brown. :tt02:

fansince'76
08-14-2007, 07:22 AM

You have absolutely no concept of what a die-hard fan is, but we're the ones with mental problems? Whatever, kid.

verks36
08-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Well you're right about one thing... I am completely mental for the Steelers. I eat, sleep and breathe Steelers and then I shit a Brown. :tt02:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:HAaha Dude ever comment you say napalm is funny.

ShutDown24
08-14-2007, 09:32 AM
Schaub was horrible the other day. I think you might have the number one pick again next draft... Don't blow it... Again...

tony hipchest
08-14-2007, 10:09 AM

its ok. whenever theres a war, i always root for France. unless they're at war with America, of course.:bs:

:bricks:

HometownGal
08-14-2007, 10:17 AM

If you are a "diehard" Steelers fan, why do you still have a Texans avatar? :dang::dang: If this was just a general football BB, I wouldn't have a problem with it, but do you even comprehend what the name of this board signifies?

After our country and flag, we pledge allegiance to our STEELERS. :tt02::tt02::tt02:

Newzfoxjr
08-14-2007, 10:30 AM
Diehard means you're completely dedicated to one team. You can't be diehard with two teams. It's practically impossible. That's just the truth.

But in joking, hating-on fashion, what the hell. The Texans? They traded a bunch of stuff for a guy who is 0-2 as a starter in the NFL. Hello interception leader.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-14-2007, 10:39 AM

You just don't get it do you?A diehard is loyal to ONLY ONE TEAM.

If I moved to Chicago,I would NOT become a Bears fan.

If I moved to Dallas,I would NOT become a Cowboys fan.

If I moved to Houston,I would NOT become a Texans fan.

You get the trend?A diehard fan has only one team.You have two,so you are not a diehard of the Steelers OR the Texans.

Preacher
08-14-2007, 11:17 AM
i hope no one minds:

I guess he got his answer!!

RoethlisBURGHer
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM
i hope no one minds:

I guess he got his answer!!

It's "fans" like him that give the out-of-town fans (especially the ones that never lived in Pittsburgh,like me) a bad name.Because if a former 'Burgher can't keep his loyalty to the Steelers,people will wonder how the hell someone who never lived there can.

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 11:47 AM
GO TEXANS!

fansince'76
08-14-2007, 11:51 AM
http://www.caw.ca/images/news/content_images/contact/Green%20Bandwagon%20web2.jpg

RoethlisBURGHer
08-14-2007, 11:56 AM
GO TEXANS!

You can leave anytime.

PisnNapalm
08-14-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm guessing that he got railed on at school or something and all his "friends" down in Texas have pressured him to change teams.

He's what... like 14 years old?

RoethlisBURGHer
08-14-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm guessing that he got railed on at school or something and all his "friends" down in Texas have pressured him to change teams.

He's what... like 14 years old?

I was railed on by my friends,and even some family members for being a Steelers fan in Cleveland.I am sure he couldn't have had it worse in Texas.

Kids today,they don't know anything about loyalty.

ChronoCross
08-14-2007, 12:40 PM
I was railed on by my friends,and even some family members for being a Steelers fan in Cleveland.I am sure he couldn't have had it worse in Texas.

No he would not have it worse. Remember the last time we played Dallas, it was like being at a home game.

Could you see a texan game, we probably out number the texans fans 3-1 in there own stadium..

ChronoCross
08-14-2007, 12:46 PM
http://www.inmusicwetrust.com/articles/images/51/p09.jpg

verks36
08-14-2007, 12:55 PM

Dude see he is putting a bad name on younger steeler fans.

Dude right now i live in CT where every one is either a giants or pats fan. You dont see me converting teams do you. I bet he only liked the steelers becuase they won XL.

and stop posting those stupid posts

go steelers or go texans
that is just stupid and you are giving the younger kids on the forum a bad name

ChronoCross
08-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Dude see he is putting a bad name on younger steeler fans.

Dude right now i live in CT where every one is either a giants or pats fan. You dont see me converting teams do you. I bet he only liked the steelers becuase they won XL.

and stop posting those stupid posts

go steelers or go texans
that is just stupid and you are giving the younger kids on the forum a bad name

What is really funny that he dropped his texan sig really quick after everyone got on him. He is embarrassing (http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?p=embarrassing&sp=1&fr2=sp-top&fr=yfp-t-501&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&ei=UTF-8&SpellState=n-51852417_q-1MMtG0i3Vryf4TjpxAYGcwAAAA@@) and a fraud to the steelers nations, and is offending bettis good name by wearing that nick.

ChronoCross
08-14-2007, 02:01 PM
http://a2.vox.com/6a00c225268ebc8e1d00cdf7e84762094f-320pi

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 02:50 PM
i am about to turn 16 btw

ChronoCross
08-14-2007, 02:58 PM
http://thebeautybrains.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/04/teen-age-1.jpg

ChronoCross
08-14-2007, 03:17 PM
http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5845/22208570eb7.jpg

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 03:26 PM
i am really incredible prices?

PisnNapalm
08-14-2007, 04:17 PM
What does your family think of your passion for all things Texans?

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 05:10 PM
my mom loves the texans and the steelers too man thats where i get it from she lived in the burgh for 38 years and is a diehard fan like me!

MACH1
08-14-2007, 05:16 PM
my mom loves the texans and the steelers too man thats where i get it from she lived in the burgh for 38 years and is a diehard Texas fan like me!

There I fixed it for you. Get it through your head your NOT a diehard Steeler fan. Turncoat Benedict Arnold more like it.

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 05:34 PM
hahaha ur funny man

43Hitman
08-14-2007, 05:36 PM

HA! You're a poet and don't know it..:flap:

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 06:18 PM

MasterOfPuppets
08-14-2007, 06:35 PM
my mom loves the texans and the steelers too man thats where i get it from she lived in the burgh for 38 years and is a diehard fan like me!the arnold family.....:sofunny:

BlacknGold76
08-14-2007, 06:38 PM
How can I say this to you without being redundant. Announcing that you are a Texans and Steelers fan in the same breathe is the equivalent of announcing that you are screaming movie in a crowded fire house or fire in a crowded movie theater. What kind of reaction would you or should you expect. After all logically did you think that everyone here would welcome you with open arms. Stop the Insanity. The damage is done. You have every right to post here just know that anything that you do post will be met with scepticism and sarcasm. Have you ever heard of the old story about the boy that cried WolF? This classic old tale tells of a young man who was given the task of guarding a flock of sheep. Everytime he would cry wolf the townsfolk would run to help him. After the third time of crying wolf the people no longer believed him at the point when the wolf actually did show up. Its the same basic logic here. Since you have changed your allegiance to all things Gold and Black, no one no longer believes you when you say that you are a diehard Steelers fan. How don't know how much better I can explain it to you. Good luck to any future posts that you make here. :computer::coffee: Go Steelers!!!!!!:tt02::tt02:

MasterOfPuppets
08-14-2007, 06:48 PM
his credibility now has more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese.......tony.....que the cheese.....:checkit:

tony hipchest
08-14-2007, 07:00 PM
his credibility now has more holes in it than a block of swiss cheese.......tony.....que the cheese.....:checkit:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/karlrove.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/PureCheese.gif

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/DSP214_500.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/CAUJCBT6.jpg

ShutDown24
08-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Lol... Cheese? A bigger insult is saying that his credibility has more holes in it than Houston's O-line...

I honestly don't care if he is a fan of both, as long as he doesn't call himself hardcore. A casual fan of football can like more than one team or not any team at all... Or all teams... That's not how we do it here but hey, it's his world.

Just don't call yourself a hardcore Steelers fan or Texans fan because your not, you are a casual fan.

fansince'76
08-14-2007, 08:04 PM
This horse dead yet? Nope, suppose not.

ChronoCross
08-14-2007, 08:08 PM
http://creakyjoints.com/graphics/images/desktops/thumbnails/deadhorse_thumb.jpg

Ya I am done beating this dead horse myself. Like one of my pics, R.I.P Bettisfan your dead to me.

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 08:52 PM
yall suck come on

steelpride12
08-14-2007, 09:08 PM
i havealways loved the steelers and just want to be able to talk about texans , i love them both, just like u let the browns and bungles fans do.

Well dude why can't you be like normal fans and love 1 team. The team you have grown up with, and have always loved, don't be a mult-team liker thats not right in my eyes i mean it's ether one or the other or......your just jumping on the bandwagon.

X-Terminator
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
yall suck come on

You come on here and declare "I'm a big TEXANS fan" and have a TEXANS av and sig after proclaiming you are a "DIEHARD STEELER FAN," and somehow WE'RE the ones who suck for rightfully dragging you through the mud for it? Oy...:dang:

You know, I've looked at the younger generation (for you, that means kids in your age group), and often said that America is doomed. Think about it ladies and gentlemen...kids like TexansFan (I refuse to associate him with The Bus) are the future of this country. It's enough to make even Chuck Norris cower in a corner in fear and piss his pants.

TexansFan, you should get on your hands and knees right now and thank your lucky stars that you chose to do this on this particular message board, because on some other Steelers boards, you would have gotten it 100x worse than you're getting here. Guaranteed.

pittsburghp8baller
08-14-2007, 09:43 PM
so let me get this staright to be a diehard fan u have to like one team (steelers) and must hate every1 else and think every1 else suks?

Crushzilla
08-14-2007, 09:48 PM
I think what a lot of the guys were upset about was "flying" the colors of another, yet claiming in the same breath to be a "diehard," absolutely unfaltering in allegiance, to the Steelers

fansince'76
08-14-2007, 09:48 PM
so let me get this staright to be a diehard fan u have to like one team (steelers) and must hate every1 else and think every1 else suks?

Not at all as far as thinking everyone else sucks. As far as loving ONE TEAM and ONE TEAM ONLY, yes, that's about the size of it.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-14-2007, 10:17 PM

To be considered diehard,you CANNOT represent another team in any way,unless it's to repay a bet (take a pic in another team's jersey,hat,t-shirt,or whatnot).

You don't have to hate every other team in the league either.I have no problem with most of the teams.I like a lot of other team's players.However,you will NEVER see me wear that player's jersey.

A diehard cannot like two teams,a diehard can only be a fan of one.

Crushzilla
08-14-2007, 10:24 PM
Perhaps, quite literally, it means that their loyalties "die hard," it would take more than a move away from the team for them to "die"...

DEVIL'S ADVOCATE.

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 10:41 PM
this is all a joke omg so what if i like two teams :banana:

tony hipchest
08-14-2007, 10:49 PM
To be considered diehard,you CANNOT represent another team in any way,unless it's to repay a bet (take a pic in another team's jersey,hat,t-shirt,or whatnot).

You don't have to hate every other team in the league either.I have no problem with most of the teams.I like a lot of other team's players.However,you will NEVER see me wear that player's jersey.

A diehard cannot like two teams,a diehard can only be a fan of one.well, here is where i see a difference. i am a die hard steelerfan. however, i am a die hard NFL fan. when the steelers have a bye week, play a thursday or saturday game, or even on the rare occasions they miss the playoffs, i do not stop watching football on sundays.

i'll wear a jersey for comfort and style. not to impress anybody. i have a ton of steeler jerseys. i have a ton of non steeler jerseys. if i find a player or jersey i like on sale for 90% off because they switched teams i have no problem buying and wearing it.

i would easilly wear a larry fitzgerald cardinals jersey, and have no problem rocking my m. faulk, solid blue, colts jersey.

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 11:04 PM
well, here is where i see a difference. i am a die hard steelerfan. however, i am a die hard NFL fan. when the steelers have a bye week, play a thursday or saturday game, or even on the rare occasions they miss the playoffs, i do not stop watching football on sundays.

i'll wear a jersey for comfort and style. not to impress anybody. i have a ton of steeler jerseys. i have a ton of non steeler jerseys. if i find a player or jersey i like on sale for 90% off because they switched teams i have no problem buying and wearing it.

i would easilly wear a larry fitzgerald cardinals jersey, and have no problem rocking my m. faulk, solid blue, colts jersey.
My man!! high five bro! same here , i have a frank gore , mark clayton, willie parker, bettis, andre johnson, mike bell, and a brian greise jersey! i wear all of them all the time, not cause i support the team cause they look nice and i got them cheap! GO TEXANS GO STEELERS!:banana:

tony hipchest
08-14-2007, 11:14 PM
My man!! high five bro! same here , i have a frank gore , mark clayton, willie parker, bettis, andre johnson, mike bell, and a brian greise jersey! i wear all of them all the time, not cause i support the team cause they look nice and i got them cheap! GO TEXANS GO STEELERS!:banana:dont sweat it. you'll get ripped (even by me) but its all part of the good natured ribbing.

i have a ton of NBA jerseys too. if i wear them it doesnt mean im any less of a football fan despite what anyone thinks. i recently bought an all stitched $80 yao ming jersey from footlocker for $7. im not a rockets fan but i can easilly add it to my clyde drexler and charles barkley jerseys.

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 11:19 PM
dont sweat it. you'll get ripped (even by me) but its all part of the good natured ribbing.

i have a ton of NBA jerseys too. if i wear them it doesnt mean im any less of a football fan despite what anyone thinks. i recently bought an all stitched $80 yao ming jersey from footlocker for $7. im not a rockets fan but i can easilly add it to my clyde drexler and charles barkley jerseys. oh i love the rockets! season tickets for 2 years now!

Preacher
08-14-2007, 11:38 PM

TRAITOR!

:wink02:

tony hipchest
08-14-2007, 11:51 PM
TRAITOR!

:wink02:lol. not necessarily.

there are certain lines i wont cross. sapp, lynch, dillon, and mccafrey all lost their teams in the same year. i had no problem pulling the bucs jerseys off the sales rack but would never be caught dead in a bungles, broncos, cowboys, patriots, ravens, etc. jersey.

im a fan of the nfl, not the U.S. correctional facilities... while i respect what they do, doesnt mean im gonna wear stripes :wink02:

Preacher
08-15-2007, 12:20 AM
lol. not necessarily.

there are certain lines i wont cross. sapp, lynch, dillon, and mccafrey all lost their teams in the same year. i had no problem pulling the bucs jerseys off the sales rack but would never be caught dead in a bungles, broncos, cowboys, patriots, ravens, etc. jersey.

im a fan of the nfl, not the U.S. correctional facilities... while i respect what they do, doesnt mean im gonna wear stripes :wink02:

:sofunny:

I really can't wear another football team's jersey. I just can't! However, if I knew or had a friend on another team... I can see how that would be a different story.

The Duke
08-15-2007, 12:30 AM
Ok, with all the talk of diehard fans I have to wonder, I've always considered myself a diehard steeler, and last friday I was going to play football with my friends, but it was raining very very hard and the field was all muddy. I wasn't going to damage any of my only 2 jersey's (Ben and Troy) :tt02: because I spent a lot of money on them, and you just can't find them anywhere here in Panama, so I go to this weird store and buy a fake julius peppers jersey( it wasn't even nfl brand and it cost me 3 bucks:smile:) and used it in the game. Of course it got all destroyed and dirty, but that could have been my Ben jersey or my Troy jersey, so I just kept my steeler jerseys safe. I don't even know who peppers is, all I know he's #2 overall in 2003 or something. So am I not a diehard for doing this? Just wondering :cheers:

Preacher
08-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Ok, with all the talk of diehard fans I have to wonder, I've always considered myself a diehard steeler, and last friday I was going to play football with my friends, but it was raining very very hard and the field was all muddy. I wasn't going to damage any of my only 2 jersey's (Ben and Troy) :tt02: because I spent a lot of money on them, and you just can't find them anywhere here in Panama, so I go to this weird store and buy a fake julius peppers jersey( it wasn't even nfl brand and it cost me 3 bucks:smile:) and used it in the game. Of course it got all destroyed and dirty, but that could have been my Ben jersey or my Troy jersey, so I just kept my steeler jerseys safe. I don't even know who peppers is, all I know he's #2 overall in 2003 or something. So am I not a diehard for doing this? Just wondering :cheers:

It just depends.

What was your intent on buying the jersey?

Did you do a ritual Steeler cleaning after you took the Jersey off?

How did you come to acquire the Jerseys?

Were you think of another team when you bought them?

Did you wear them again afterwards?

Do you wear other clothes with those same colors on game day?

My son.. you are just scratching the surface of the questions you must answer before we can come to a conclusion!

tony hipchest
08-15-2007, 12:50 AM
It just depends.

What was your intent on buying the jersey?

Did you do a ritual Steeler cleaning after you took the Jersey off?

How did you come to acquire the Jerseys?

Were you think of another team when you bought them?

Did you wear them again afterwards?

Do you wear other clothes with those same colors on game day?

My son.. you are just scratching the surface of the questions you must answer before we can come to a conclusion!

:toofunny:

duke, thats what you get when you ask a preacher for introspection :wink02:

(do they have any k. green throwback panthers jerseys down there for $3? if so, i am interrested)

The Duke
08-15-2007, 12:54 AM
Not damaging my steeler jerseys

If you mean did I took a bath then yes. I only made one sack using Peppers jersey and with Troy's I'm unstoppable

There was this store near the park where I play and I paid 2 bucks for the jersey

I was thinking act like Troy kick everyone's ass

It's in the trash :tt02:

I was wearing black shorts.......

The Duke
08-15-2007, 12:56 AM
:toofunny:

duke, thats what you get when you ask a preacher for introspection :wink02:

lol, I should have known before I posted that

(do they have any k. green throwback panthers jerseys down there for $3? if so, i am interrested)

No, just J Lewis and mark clayton from the ravens...crappy store

touchdownward
08-15-2007, 07:31 AM
It's obvious our little attention seeker is at it again. Say something contrary and then milk it along for the attention. What mommy didn't breat feed you, daddy didn't bounce you on his knee. Oh no I get the kids you know, don't like you, so you have to come here for some love. It's OK, everyone in unison

"We Love you BettisFan" Now go away again

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=15943
Exactly, note how quickly the "you guys suck" comment came in after there was talk of this dead horse thread dying. Giddyap, Yiiii!!!!

PisnNapalm
08-15-2007, 07:37 AM
A die-hard fan would never....ever... willingly wear the jersey of another team. Paying off on a bet is cool though.

When I was coaching little league, I'd wear my Steelers hat while driving to the baseball field. Put on the team hat when I got out of my car. When the game was over I'd take off the team hat and immediately put on my Steelers hat.

More than a few times the team hat never made it onto my head for practices. I wore my sweat stained smelly old favorite Steelers hat.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-15-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm a huge Ohio State Buckeyes fan and I support all the Buckeyes in the NFL (even Troy Smith,it ain't his fault the Ratbirds drafted him).

However,if I'll jsut wear their Buckeye jersey instead of getting their NFL team's jersey.It just doesn't feel right.

After next year's draft however,I cannot wait to buy the Steelers James Lauranitis jersey.

Edit: Also, I am an NFL fan. I will watch any NFL game that's on television, except for preseason games because normally they are boring after two drives.

PisnNapalm
08-15-2007, 09:46 AM
I'm a general NFL fan as well. About the only 2 teams I can't stand to watch are the Texans and Lions.

BettisFan
08-15-2007, 10:17 AM
i am a diehard steeler fan!

PisnNapalm
08-15-2007, 10:49 AM
i am a diehard steeler fan!

You're about as die-hard as a bowl of Jello in the Texas sun.

Livinginthe past
08-15-2007, 10:58 AM
Nothing good can come from leaving this thread open.

Its playing out like a pantomime.

Yes, I am.

No, you're not.

Yes, I am.

X-Terminator
08-15-2007, 10:59 AM
You're right...thread closed.