PDA

View Full Version : Steeler Tickets at Face Value

Steely McBeam
08-12-2007, 04:29 PM
New to the forum, but forever a Steeler fan. I live in CT, and live in a Steeler household. My wife and I are ready to make another trip out to the Steel City, but don't want to pay the crazy prices that we have in the past. Does anyone know where I can find Steeler Tickets at face value? Hotel, gas, food, and adult beverages make the trip a little expensive.

fansince'76
08-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Welcome to the board, Steely McBeam! :cheers:

If you have any questions or concerns about the site, please feel free to PM (Private Message) myself or one of the other mods. Post often and have fun!

nojobny
08-12-2007, 05:23 PM
New to the forum, but forever a Steeler fan. I live in CT, and live in a Steeler household. My wife and I are ready to make another trip out to the Steel City, but don't want to pay the crazy prices that we have in the past. Does anyone know where I can find Steeler Tickets at face value? Hotel, gas, food, and adult beverages make the trip a little expensive.

LOL!! Nice name!!!

nojobny
08-12-2007, 05:27 PM
oh, and to answer your question, Ticketmaster now does a ticket exchange that allows season ticket holders to sell their seats. i'd check there first.

xxxx://teamexchange.ticketmaster.com/html/eventlist.htmI?l=EN&team=steelers&tm_link=TE_Home_rec_findtix6&tm_link%20=TE_Home_rec_title6

(type 'http' where the X's are, I don't have enough posts to add urls)

Steely McBeam
08-12-2007, 07:37 PM
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out.
I'm glad I joined, this seems like one of the best community sites for the Steelers.

The Duke
08-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Dude, nice name. Welcome. Many people hate the mascot so be prepared......

PisnNapalm
08-12-2007, 08:22 PM
Steely McBeam can kiss my ass. Damn McMascots...

Preacher
08-13-2007, 02:05 AM
Thanks. I'll keep an eye out.
I'm glad I joined, this seems like one of the best community sites for the Steelers.

This is a great site... You will feel the SteelerNation love... however, your name... well... May I suggest this thread?

Do you want your name changed? (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=17381&page=2)

7/39/43
08-13-2007, 05:52 AM
good luck finding them I had to pay $500 for 2 last year! that's ridiculous

stillhead
08-13-2007, 08:20 AM
welcome mr. mcbeam. on the ticket thing, we used to wait until the ball was kicked off and then the scalpers are looking to unload 'em. try craigslist pittsburgh too. if i have any extra tickets(there's a group of 12 of us for every game, we usually have extra's) i will let you know asap.

Jman
08-13-2007, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the board!

I suppose it depends on where you want to sit in the stadium. We go for the 520s and those are relatively in-expensive. My friend Marie got hers on ticketmaster.com the day they went on sale and got them around face-value. That lasted about 2 minutes on ticketmaster though.

While risky, the best bet is Ebay. Do your homework on the seller and make sure they have a good history. I purchased 2 tickets in the 524 section for this year around $230. That's relatively decent, considering most "ticket exchange" sites will have you pulling low 300s on those seats.

rog
08-13-2007, 09:08 AM
Welcome I just bought 2 tix for the opener in cleveland for 200.00 on ebay didn't think that was too bad.

STEELCRTN4EVER
08-15-2007, 04:59 PM
In your dreams these days......I don't mean that smart, but that is the only place you will get them unless you are very lucky. We have 6 for the Clowns game, they were 475 each....ouch!

Steely McBeam
08-26-2007, 07:28 PM
Thanks. I appreciate it.
On the name, I hated it too when they announced it, but I thought it was pretty funny. I guess sarcasm doesn't come across that great online. Oh well, I'll take the comments.