PDA

View Full Version : Nate signed and Noah released

BB2W
09-23-2005, 06:44 PM
The Steelers today signed wide receiver Nate Washington from the practice squad and released rookie running back Noah Herron to make room for Washington on the roster.

link...... http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05266/576763.stm

Koopa
09-23-2005, 06:47 PM
hmmmm......i wonder why? oh well i like nate so i'm glad he made it back on the regular roster, noah will probably be signed to the practice squad.

BB2W
09-23-2005, 07:00 PM
I like the move....

This could be because Duce is back coupled with the emergence of Willie Parker, or because the Quincy Morgan project is not working out, or because Morey is injured and they need active roster insurance.... but I hope they signed him because they think he can contribute and become a special player in the future.

Koopa
09-23-2005, 07:01 PM
yeah i hope so, if ARE leaves this season, nate can probably step up and be our next willie parker for the passing game.

tony hipchest
09-23-2005, 07:02 PM
hmmmm......i wonder why? oh well i like nate so i'm glad he made it back on the regular roster, noah will probably be signed to the practice squad.
with 4 healthy rb's + d. krieder noah didnt have a snowballs chance in hell touching the ball. nate washington actually has a shot in 4 or 5 wr sets (not that the steelers use those too often but could present problems with a depleted secondary such as the patriots. im sure it was a move to give belichick something to think about after most practices have been conducted. the chess match continues........

RealSteel
09-23-2005, 07:03 PM
The kid is going to be good! The only damn thing to ever escape Tiffin, OH.

figg
09-23-2005, 07:16 PM
I like the move....

This could be because Duce is back coupled with the emergence of Willie Parker, or because the Quincy Morgan project is not working out, or because Morey is injured and they need active roster insurance.... but I hope they signed him because they think he can contribute and become a special player in the future.

Thats my guess. Plus Duce going though 2 weeks of practice.

bigbensgirl7
09-23-2005, 07:17 PM
From what I have heard from my friend that knows him, he says he will get some time in there. I really like this kid and I think he can be something great in the future! He's young, talented , and has a great head on his shoulders!

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2005, 07:49 PM
This move, IMO, is more based becuz Duce is getting healthy, and Jerome is on the mend.. They really were holding their breath hoping no one would pick Nate off of our PS. Now they signed him, and I'd look for Herron to go on the PS as well.

tony hipchest
09-23-2005, 07:54 PM
From what I have heard from my friend that knows him, he says he will get some time in there. I really like this kid and I think he can be something great in the future! He's young, talented , and has a great head on his shoulders!
thats good to hear. after releasing mays and f. gibson we need some young depth we can develop at the position. of course we could go out and sign every free agant scrub at the position like the patriots do................ :grin: (wilson and morgan notwithstanding)

BlitzburghRockCity
09-23-2005, 08:52 PM
We've got a formidable WR core to say the least. Ward, El, Wilson, Morgan, Washington, and Morey. Definately happy we brought him back, I was thinking all along it was a mistake to release him, but w/ injuries to our RB's we didnt have much choice I guess, at the time.

slashsteel
09-23-2005, 08:58 PM
With our TE formations I have doubts on how much we will see Morgan and Nate if at all.

It would be nice to see them sprinkled in here and there.........

I just think Morgan would be good as a 4th receiver in the shotgun. But as long as we are winning I have no complaints!

Prosdo
09-23-2005, 09:15 PM
I think this is a good move. I really like Nate and I think he has a lot of potential. We are pretty stacked at RB so I can see why Herron was released. I'm sure Herron will be signed to the PS though.

BB2W
09-24-2005, 09:34 AM
With El being a free agent next year, and a receiving core that isn't getting any younger... I think Nate may have a future in Pittsburgh.

He was amazing at Tiffin... "He's the best player to ever play at Tiffin University," Dragons coach Nate Cole told the Toledo Blade. "He's probably one of the best wide receivers ever to play at the Division II level. He was just unbelievable as far as playing at this level."

Imagine if Nate turns out to be a special player... coupled with the success of Willie Parker. I gotta give props to the front office for bringing these guys in. How often do teams get two undrafted players like these in back to back seasons. Nice pick Cowhaaa.

Da Boot
09-24-2005, 10:28 AM
I was wondering if they were going to make that move once Duce and Bus got healthy, I like it.