PDA

View Full Version : Texans

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 02:47 PM
our line really really needs to step up their game but i was at the bears texans game and no sacks on our qb's so thats good and carr had 2 on him in carolina that night! Green is older after this or next year he will be done i think, Andre is a monster he is amazing! for our secondary we just lost earl our SS so now we have big problems, he was one of our leaders on D and he was great now we need to fill his spot cause he is on IR, also mario is playing like a 3rd rounder and he isnt living up to expectation but i hope okoye will! Lets hope schaub does well but from how it looks Sage Rosenfels might start after a few weeks, he was going to anyway this year before we got schaub, sage can do it, but i hope matt can come up and prove him self as a starter in the nfl!

pittsburghp8baller
08-13-2007, 03:05 PM
i didnt know earl went down that is goin to be a big loss for that defense. if the line keeps playing like that then their should be no worries on offense. texans have a slew of RB to pick from d. davis (i know he changed his name cant remember what to) could be back with wali lundy ron dayne and maybe even darius walker from notre dame who as a notre dame fan hopes he makes the team

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 03:12 PM
dominack is off the team he is done in nfl, and we have ahman green as starter ron dayne is back up

rbryan
08-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Isn't this pretty much the same thread you started the other day??

You're a real glutton for punishment aren't you. lol

fansince'76
08-13-2007, 03:26 PM
http://images.etsy.com/all_images/8/8d2/a15/il_430xN.6909452.jpg

Go Texans! Err, Steelers, err, Texans, err, Steelers....

HometownGal
08-13-2007, 03:52 PM
http://www.poppyseedsgifts.com/pink%20flip%20flop.jpg

BettisFan
08-13-2007, 04:23 PM
our starting D did great not letting the bears starting O get a touchdown

RoethlisBURGHer
08-13-2007, 07:00 PM
Dude,if you want to discuss the Texans,go join a Texans board.I am sure nobody here really gives a damn about the Texans.

pittsburghp8baller
08-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Dude,if you want to discuss the Texans,go join a Texans board.I am sure nobody here really gives a damn about the Texans.

if u dont want to talk about the texans then dont enter the thread. u cant read it says texans. i dont mind talking about other things in the NFL

MasterOfPuppets
08-13-2007, 08:34 PM
our line really really needs to step up their game but i was at the bears texans game and no sacks on our qb's so thats good and carr had 2 on him in carolina that night! Green is older after this or next year he will be done i think, Andre is a monster he is amazing! for our secondary we just lost earl our SS so now we have big problems, he was one of our leaders on D and he was great now we need to fill his spot cause he is on IR, also mario is playing like a 3rd rounder and he isnt living up to expectation but i hope okoye will! Lets hope schaub does well but from how it looks Sage Rosenfels might start after a few weeks, he was going to anyway this year before we got schaub, sage can do it, but i hope matt can come up and prove him self as a starter in the nfl!now thats how a "diehard steeler fan" talks about another team:rolleyes::jerkit:....

Livinginthe past
08-13-2007, 11:07 PM
I think RonDayne_Fan is fair game for a little friendly p*ss-taking, but flooding his threads seems a little unfair.

Everyone pretty much agrees he isn't die hard (even if he doesn't see it himself) and I think its ok to talk about the Texans in the NFL sub-forum if he wants to.

Some people are acting like jilted lovers.

I think Schaub has plenty of good faith with the Texans management after they have invested in him at QB (and replaced the previous franchise guy in the process).

I'd say Rosenfels is a career back-up - wans't he at Miami previously - that was a situation crying out for someone to step up.

I bet the Texans are still upset at electing to pass on Reggie Bush and Vince Young.

Preacher
08-13-2007, 11:16 PM
Everone needs a second team right?

Only if they are under the radar

Livinginthe past
08-14-2007, 01:44 AM
Only if they are under the radar

:toofunny:

verks36
08-14-2007, 01:53 AM
Well, if we are going to talk about the texans how can we not talk about there history. One of the most historic teams in the nfl. I remember the days back when they had stacey mack at running back and tony boselli were just leading the team. /end sarcasm

The texans really wont do anything until they fix there o-line. They have had without a question the worst o line the last past three years. And during every offseason they seem not to do anything about it. I dont care if it is carr or schaub back there they will still being sacked.
The one player on the texans who i think has real upside and will become a real star in the league is Andre but he needs some one to give him the ball and let the o line hold there blocks long enough so he can run longer routes

tony hipchest
08-14-2007, 02:00 AM
The one player on the texans who i think has real upside and will become a real star in the league is Andre but he needs some one to give him the ball and let the o line hold there blocks long enough so he can run longer routesdidnt andre lead the league in receptions last year? :hunch:

but getting to what is most important... does this spell the end of ParkerFan's little weekly youtube segments on the steelers in which us SF members provide topics of discussion?

:dang:

let me be the 1st to provide a topic of discussion for the next installment of the texans version: they suck. :smile:

Livinginthe past
08-14-2007, 02:03 AM
but getting to what is most important... does this spell the end of ParkerFan's little weekly youtube segments on the steelers in which us SF members provide topics of discussion?

:dang:

let me be the 1st to provide a topic of discussion for the next installment of the texans version: they suck. :smile:

His heart just wasn't in the Steelers version.

I expect he'll do a Texans one for that particular fanbase, and they should count themselves lucky! :banana::banana:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-14-2007, 12:02 PM
The thing is that nobody at this board really knows much...or cares much...about the Texans unless we are playing them that week.

Here is what I know about the Texans:

They are located in Houston,Texas.

Their quarterback is Matt Shuab,formerly of the Atlanta Falcons (and no better then the QB they released,David Carr).

A few years ago their offensive line gave up a league-record amount of sacks in a season.

They are an expansion team that were put in Houston to replace the Oilers.

I don't watch their games,and I couldn't give you much discussion about them,nor would I care to.

I imagine it's the same with most of the other posters here.

If RonDayneFan wants to talk Texans,he'd have a much better chance on a Texans message board,where they actually give a damn about that team.

Just my honest opinion.

HometownGal
08-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Hey guys - seriously - if TexansFan wants to get all googly eyed and talk about his beloved Texans in this thread, which is in the NFL Forum, please allow him to do so. He is getting tortured enough in the other thread on this topic.

PisnNapalm
08-14-2007, 12:49 PM
I just noticed LITP is sporting a Ravens avatar? WTF?

RoethlisBURGHer
08-14-2007, 12:55 PM
Everyone needs a second team,lmao

PisnNapalm
08-14-2007, 01:06 PM
I don't think I could even wear another teams colors as a joke....

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 01:10 PM
why has carr failed? Like the UH players (w/Pardee and Jenkins) and Tech players (under Leach), Carr did not play in a pro-style offense at Fresno State. Those players all had tons of yardage and lots of tds but none of them succeeded in the NFL-one was even a Heisman winner. Why did they fail?

First, there was little decision making with these offenses--send out a 'ton' of receivers and throw to the one who is open. Because so many receivers are in the pattern--rbs,wrs,tes,fbs,etc.--its almost impossible to double cover anyone or put much rush on the qb.

No pressure. No reading defense/minimal decision making. So, guess what happens when these qbs get to the pros and have to be more than gun slingers? And, especially in Carr's case, the pros have wrecked havoc with David's poor mechanics.

Second, once in the pros, these qbs need to be willing to pay the 'price' to learn how to play in the NFL. With Carr, he doesn't accept blame/fault for anything and has the attitude--"hey, it worked at FS." So, Carr has never bought into the notion that he had to change anything...

Protection. Carr never had to worry about this in college, so he never learned what his part was in the 'protection' process. And, don't forget, David had a short collegiate career.

There are 2 players that come to mind that did 'gun sling' in the NFL, along with running other offenses-both of these players played pro in other endeavors--Jim Kelly and Warren Moon. Without a doubt, both of these players brought a lot to the table, a lot of intangibles,and of course--a ton of talent...and, both are HOF.

ChronoCross
08-14-2007, 01:45 PM
http://www.dennisflood.com/photos/pow/2005-10/l-fresh-cheese-curds_7074.jpg

Crushzilla
08-14-2007, 11:20 PM
why has carr failed? Like the UH players (w/Pardee and Jenkins) and Tech players (under Leach), Carr did not play in a pro-style offense at Fresno State. Those players all had tons of yardage and lots of tds but none of them succeeded in the NFL-one was even a Heisman winner. Why did they fail?

First, there was little decision making with these offenses--send out a 'ton' of receivers and throw to the one who is open. Because so many receivers are in the pattern--rbs,wrs,tes,fbs,etc.--its almost impossible to double cover anyone or put much rush on the qb.

No pressure. No reading defense/minimal decision making. So, guess what happens when these qbs get to the pros and have to be more than gun slingers? And, especially in Carr's case, the pros have wrecked havoc with David's poor mechanics.

Second, once in the pros, these qbs need to be willing to pay the 'price' to learn how to play in the NFL. With Carr, he doesn't accept blame/fault for anything and has the attitude--"hey, it worked at FS." So, Carr has never bought into the notion that he had to change anything...

Protection. Carr never had to worry about this in college, so he never learned what his part was in the 'protection' process. And, don't forget, David had a short collegiate career.

There are 2 players that come to mind that did 'gun sling' in the NFL, along with running other offenses-both of these players played pro in other endeavors--Jim Kelly and Warren Moon. Without a doubt, both of these players brought a lot to the table, a lot of intangibles,and of course--a ton of talent...and, both are HOF.

Holy crap. This may have been the most insightful thing I've ever seen you say. Maybe you are a closet Texans fan. I'm glad you finally game to terms with your... err... preferences?

Great observations and something that Troy Smith found to be very relevant this year in the draft.

A great performance in college at QB is not going to always translate to the "bigs."

Let's compare Carr, which you've already discussed in length, to JaMarcus Russell, who comes from an LSU program that runs a pro-style offense (from what I understand). If they ever sign him, I think he'll produce a lot more than Carr ever could have hoped to dream of.

Oakland's offensive line is not much better off with Toro Gallery and Turnstile Sims being WAY overhyped. Russell has the insane physique

Another reason Russell is going to succeed is that he won't need to be plugged in right away, and won't because of the lengthy holdout/Culpepper signing.

I, too, feel like Carr was in the wrong place, wrong time, wrong preparation.... kaboom. I have to feel for the guy. Its like the episode of "Coach" where Hayden Fox is the new coach of the Orlando Breakers expansion and wants Meshaun first overall in the draft. Only Johnson says he wants nothing to do with an expansion team. He wants to go somewhere where he can win. David Carr really got a raw deal going to Houston that year.

Number two pick in that draft. Carolina Panthers. Where he ultimately ended up long after his stock has plummeted.

The number three team was Detroit. Who knows where he may have gone in that offense. Could have been a whole different ballgame if he had taken Harrington's place as their QB of the future.

BettisFan
08-15-2007, 02:34 AM
he is young and fast he need to train under green and learn how to use the run game correctly and lundy will one day be great here, i mean even last season wali was number 2 on the team in rushing stats he had 476 yards and 4tds in 8 started games, ok so think about it if he would have started 16 games he would have like 1000 yards and 8 td's, with that in mind compare him to a few rookies from last year as well:

Reggie Bush with 8 started games had 565 yards 6 tds so if he started 16 he would have had around 1200 yards and 12 td's, wow wali is up there with reggie, Lundy had more 20+ yard runs than one Reggie Bush. (4-0), wow crazy huh? no not really we just have to give this guy a chance, lets not let go off him cause it could end up like drew brees bad in SD amazing in NO so lets not risk that.

wali is very talented the texans organization for some reason is not going to utilize him this year or atleast that how it looks, Lundy and Andre Johnson are my two favorate texans, one is a probowler allstar the other hasnt proven him self yet and i know he will! I personally think wali is more talented than ron dayne and can back up ahman, it makes me angry though that after a great rookie season the texans wont use him!

ShutDown24
08-15-2007, 03:06 AM
Man, they are arguably the worst franchise in the league... Factually in the top 5 worst... I don't mind so much, but now your just posting about them out of spite. Go to a Texans board, no joke.

X-Terminator
08-15-2007, 08:35 AM
Man, they are arguably the worst franchise in the league... Factually in the top 5 worst... I don't mind so much, but now your just posting about them out of spite. Go to a Texans board, no joke.

And AGAIN, I will remind you that this is the NFL FORUM. If he wants to talk about his Texans - no matter the reason - he's well within his right, just as it is well within your right to not read the thread if you don't want to discuss his Texans.

So please, everyone, let's keep this thread free of needless hijacking, m'kay?

RoethlisBURGHer
08-15-2007, 10:19 AM

Damn dude, that was insightful. After reading that, I agree, Carr had no chance.

I think he can do well in Carolina though. Maybe he learned in Houston that he's not perfect and does need to change some things.

I always respected him. He actually has a hand in raising his kid and is married to the mom...unlike some star quarterbacks we know of *cough*TOMBRADY*cough*!

Livinginthe past
08-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I have to hold my hands up and admit I haven't seen many Texans games - because they are perrenial no-hopers they rarely get any airtime over here.

So, David Carr - does he have poor mechanics?

Leinart apparently has the same question mark over him, doesn't he? (side-arm release)

I thought it was always impossible to judge the guy fairly - how can a guy be expected to perform when he knows his O-line is going to give up a league worst amount of sacks?

Even a guy like Roethlisberger, who has enjoyed large amounts of success in his first couple of years, struggled mightily when put behind an O-line that had his protection way down their list of priorities.

I guess its not just the plays where you get hit that cause the problems, but also the ones where you have time but just don't trust it.

I had Wali Lundy briefly in my FF team last year - he done ok in a limited window (probably after Domick Davis got injured) - maybe they should consider giving him a shot.

CantStop85
08-15-2007, 11:52 AM
Hey BettisFan, do you know exactly what happened with Domanick Williams...I know he doesn't play for the Texans anymore, but what happened there?

vasteeler
08-15-2007, 12:09 PM

noticed that myself. What gives?

RoethlisBURGHer
08-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey BettisFan, do you know exactly what happened with Domanick Williams...I know he doesn't play for the Texans anymore, but what happened there?

He never seemed to recover from a knee injury he had. They were gonna release him anyhow, he never could stay healthy.

CantStop85
08-15-2007, 02:03 PM
He never seemed to recover from a knee injury he had. They were gonna release him anyhow, he never could stay healthy.
True, I was just surprised no one else gave him a look...thought there might be something deeper there.

BettisFan
08-15-2007, 04:46 PM

yea well it was a weird siutaion, he went on IR at the begining of the 06-07 season and then he did not recover , we just let him go, btw he is done in the nfl

BettisFan
08-15-2007, 10:47 PM
http://houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=3486

I was hoping we would come out in blue since we have a climate control policy...but I see we are in white again. Great to have the season start in any case.

I'm going to host a skypecast group voice-chat game room for regular season games. We can talk freely (for free) in that room as the game goes down.....but you must be approved to talk (so for instance you can have 100 people in the room but only 10 approved talkers - or whatever)...so it should be a something nice on game days for those of us who can't get to games or have disabilities or whatever.

tony hipchest
08-15-2007, 11:05 PM

I'm going to host a skypecast group voice-chat game room for regular season games. We can talk freely (for free) in that room as the game goes down.....but you must be approved to talk (so for instance you can have 100 people in the room but only 10 approved talkers - or whatever)...so it should be a something nice on game days for those of us who can't get to games or have disabilities or whatever.

count me in! :thumbsup: i cant wait! :cheer: YAY! (lol)

Crushzilla
08-15-2007, 11:14 PM
WOW!

I can't think of a better way to pass the time during Steelers' games than to count Matt Schaub sacks... LIVE!

:willy:
:hyper:

:jerkit:

BettisFan
08-16-2007, 12:48 AM
WOW!

I can't think of a better way to pass the time during Steelers' games than to count Matt Schaub sacks... LIVE!

wow ur funny man but obliviously not up to date on ur football, in the bears game he did not get sacked one time and that was against bears d!

Newzfoxjr
08-16-2007, 12:57 AM
wow ur funny man but obliviously not up to date on ur football, in the bears game he did not get sacked one time and that was against bears d!

And the Raiders were undefeated in the preseason last year, look what happened to them.

HometownGal
08-16-2007, 03:59 PM
WOW!

I can - counting Bungles criminals. :wink02::wink02::flap:

Crushzilla
08-16-2007, 04:01 PM

You're probably right. After all, defensive coordinators are always eager to show off their best blitz schemes in the preseason so other teams can study it and prepare... This is sarcasm, by the way.

I would think that such a "diehard" Steelers fan would notice Lebeau holding up the zone blitzing, as well, and put two and two together.

touchdownward
08-16-2007, 06:24 PM

I was hoping we would come out in blue since we have a climate control policy...but I see we are in white again. Great to have the season start in any case.

Do the texans have that many fans? :wink02:

BlacknGold76
08-16-2007, 06:25 PM

Now its a jets avatar.:toofunny::toofunny: Hes as bad as bettisfan.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2007, 10:35 PM
Damnit, I live in Ohio. I guess I'll have to make the Lions my second team and the Colts my third. [/sarcasm]

TommyG
08-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Why do we have to have a second team? When I moved to Indianapolis all my friends said " You will become a Colts fan". I had to put my hands in my pockets to keep from slapping them. I have one team and one team only. I think you can appreciate how another team plays, but rooting for them. NAAHHHH. LET'S GO STEELERS.

BettisFan
08-16-2007, 11:39 PM
go texans!

CantStop85
08-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Go Cowboys!

HometownGal
08-17-2007, 01:13 PM
OK guys - knock it off, please? We've all expressed our "sentiments" about BettisFan's choice to support 2 teams. I spoke my peace, as well. No need to keep belaboring the issue. :mallet:

This is the NFL forum and this thread is in its appropriate place. If you don't want to discuss the Texans, please go and find another thread to play in.

Thanks. :wink02:

PisnNapalm
08-17-2007, 01:34 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050919wap_fbn_townsend_sakPJ_450.jpg

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050919wap_fbn_haynesPJ_450.jpg

BettisFan
08-17-2007, 06:12 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050919wap_fbn_townsend_sakPJ_450.jpg

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20050919wap_fbn_haynesPJ_450.jpg

:blah::blah::blah::blah:

BettisFan
08-18-2007, 03:40 AM
I am not sure if this was on nfl network or espn or houston texan website

but just gets me more excited about the season coming up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bK0w...elated&search=

gave a new wording to an old saying

Demeco ryans showed "it isn't always the size of the bull in the fight,but the size of the fight in the bull"

fansince'76
08-18-2007, 11:27 AM
After just watching the first 1-2 minutes of this, I'm seriously considering moving to Texas to become a Texan. Boy they are high on themselves.

You know, NC, maybe if we all ignore the little AW and let him continue to talk to himself, maybe he'll eventually move along to another board where folks actually want to talk about the Texans. Just a thought....

BettisFan
08-18-2007, 12:31 PM
You know, NC, maybe if we all ignore the little AW and let him continue to talk to himself, maybe he'll eventually move along to another board where folks actually want to talk about the Texans. Just a thought.... wow ur imature

Crushzilla
08-18-2007, 02:07 PM
wow ur imature

Well let's be honest here, dude.

You don't see LITP starting threads about Patriot offensive schemes or CS bringing up arrest strategies for the Bengals.

While you do have a right to talk about Texans in this, the NFL, forum. We have to look at reality, man. So far it seems you have received a resounding "we don't give a damn."

Always remember. This is a Steelers board. Yes, fans of other teams do hang around here. But they are here because it is a STEELERS board. They knew that coming in, they realize that when they post.

When you made this switch over, or whatever it is...

Personally, I think its the same feeling you have when you are a kid and are playing "Superhero" or something, but you always want to try being the villain once...

You saw how much fun we were having with "piss_my_diaps" and you thought... HMMMM... where is my cape and menacing laugh...

I regress...

Anyway...

When you made this switch over... You knew you would receive criticism. I can't tell you how these guys are going to respond in the long run, but the ONLY shot you've got at making it here, is to start ignoring all the crap they are giving you.

... oh ya... and staying out of battles with the Mods would PROBABLY be advised, too :dang:

BettisFan
08-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Well let's be honest here, dude.

You don't see LITP starting threads about Patriot offensive schemes or CS bringing up arrest strategies for the Bengals.

While you do have a right to talk about Texans in this, the NFL, forum. We have to look at reality, man. So far it seems you have received a resounding "we don't give a damn."

Always remember. This is a Steelers board. Yes, fans of other teams do hang around here. But they are here because it is a STEELERS board. They knew that coming in, they realize that when they post.

When you made this switch over, or whatever it is...

Personally, I think its the same feeling you have when you are a kid and are playing "Superhero" or something, but you always want to try being the villain once...

You saw how much fun we were having with "piss_my_diaps" and you thought... HMMMM... where is my cape and menacing laugh...

I regress...

Anyway...

When you made this switch over... You knew you would receive criticism. I can't tell you how these guys are going to respond in the long run, but the ONLY shot you've got at making it here, is to start ignoring all the crap they are giving you.

... oh ya... and staying out of battles with the Mods would PROBABLY be advised, too :dang:

alright captain jack

HometownGal
08-19-2007, 10:18 AM
I reiterate........

OK guys - knock it off, please? We've all expressed our "sentiments" about BettisFan's choice to support 2 teams. I spoke my peace, as well. No need to keep belaboring the issue.

This is the NFL forum and this thread is in its appropriate place. If you don't want to discuss the Texans, please go and find another thread to play in.

Thanks.

I don't want to have to start deleting posts, but my finger is on the trigger. C'mon guys - you're really bigger than this. :dang:

BettisFan
08-19-2007, 10:53 PM
here are my odds that each of these texans will make the pro bowl. ill be taking bets later....

andre johnson 40%
demeco ryans 40%
daunta robinson 30%
owen daniels 20%
jerome mathis 10% special teams (would be 20% if not for injury consern)
jacoby jones 10% special teams
matt turk 10% special teams
matt schaub 10%
kris brown 5%
mario williams 5%
other 5%
vonta leach 5%
ahman green 2.5%
chester pitts 2.5%
amobi okoye 1%
cc brown .00000000000001%

The Duke
08-19-2007, 11:04 PM
here are my odds that each of these texans will make the pro bowl. ill be taking bets later....

andre johnson 40%
demeco ryans 40%
daunta robinson 30%
owen daniels 20%
jerome mathis 10% special teams (would be 20% if not for injury consern)
jacoby jones 10% special teams
matt turk 10% special teams
matt schaub 10%
kris brown 5%
mario williams 5%
other 5%
vonta leach 5%
ahman green 2.5%
chester pitts 2.5%
amobi okoye 1%
cc brown .00000000000001%

Demeco ryans has more chances than anyone on that list, like a 60%

RoethlisBURGHer
08-19-2007, 11:51 PM
The only two Texans you have any chance of seeing in the Pro Bowl are Andre Johnson and Demeco Ryans...the rest of them will be meeting up with the Browns in the Toilet Bowl.

verks36
08-20-2007, 12:07 AM
THe words texans and pro bowl really dont go together that well

The Duke
08-20-2007, 12:08 AM
THe words texans and pro bowl really dont go together that well

or super bowl :wink02: or even worse playoffs :sofunny:

RoethlisBURGHer
08-20-2007, 12:15 AM
The Texans are just the AFC South's version of the Cleveland Browns.

Actually, I take that back. At least the Texans can get a player into the Pro Bowl, the Browns haven't done that since 2001!

verks36
08-20-2007, 12:33 AM
or super bowl :wink02: or even worse playoffs :sofunny:

see the texans like to go with the strategy that is called having no o- line at all. Every year they know they dont have an offensive line but still do nothing about it.

http://www.texansrock.com/files/images/sacked%20again_0.jpg

fansince'76
08-20-2007, 12:38 AM
C'mon guys, please knock it off. Thanks.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-20-2007, 12:51 AM
Hey, we are discussing the Texans...it's not our fault they are horrible.

And I did them a favor, I said they were better than the Browns!

The Duke
08-20-2007, 01:10 AM

And I did them a favor, I said they were better than the Browns!

That's definitely a compliment :sofunny:

BettisFan
08-20-2007, 04:04 PM

And I did them a favor, I said they were better than the Browns! i dont know if u have been watching the texans or seen highlights we are doing really well and are definitely improving and will have a better record then the browns.

PisnNapalm
08-20-2007, 04:34 PM
i dont know if u have been watching the texans or seen highlights we are doing really well and are definitely improving and will have a better record then the browns.

That's not much of an accomplishment now is it? Yinz did that last year. Brownies went 4 and 12 last year. Texans were 6 and 10 last year.

Jman
08-20-2007, 04:36 PM
That's not much of an accomplishment now is it? Yinz did that last year. Brownies went 4 and 12 last year. Texans were 6 and 10 last year.

I actually think the Texans will need one more draft to get their ducks in a row. They should probably do poorly this year for their own benefit. Get a top pick in the draft and trade it out for some high 2nd rounders and grab some O-linemen. Really, teams start with a strong line on both sides of the ball. Is this something the Texans F.O. have missed?

Livinginthe past
08-20-2007, 07:05 PM
I actually think the Texans will need one more draft to get their ducks in a row. They should probably do poorly this year for their own benefit. Get a top pick in the draft and trade it out for some high 2nd rounders and grab some O-linemen. Really, teams start with a strong line on both sides of the ball. Is this something the Texans F.O. have missed?

I understand the logic of what you propsoe, but teams very, very rarely trade out of the top 3 positions and into the second round - I can't remember anything similar ever happening before.

Basically, alot of fans are bored by sensible drafting - when it comes to draft day they want the marquee RB, the standout QB or the latest WR sensation.

There is a fair amount of evidence that being at the head of the draft doesn't actually help teams at all (huge rookie contracts etc) - it is a brave team that gives up the right to pick the latest 'sure thing' for a bunch of O-linemen.

Crushzilla
08-20-2007, 07:15 PM
There is a fair amount of evidence that being at the head of the draft doesn't actually help teams at all (huge rookie contracts etc) - it is a brave team that gives up the right to pick the latest 'sure thing' for a bunch of O-linemen.

Agreed. There is a very possible chance that Joe Thomas, 3rd overall, and Gaither of the Ravens, chosen in the supplemental draft, can have the same impact.

You really need that "bunch" of O-Lineman, as LITP said. The Steelers right now are living proof that one solid lineman, Faneca, does not make an effective unit.

I feel like the Jets did a good job at this last year, snagging Ferguson early and Mangold, regarded by some as a first rounder, as their second pick.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-20-2007, 08:25 PM
I feel like the Jets did a good job at this last year, snagging Ferguson early and Mangold, regarded by some as a first rounder, as their second pick.

Didn't Mangold go in the first round that year? I thought that the Jets had two first round picks.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-20-2007, 08:28 PM
Didn't Mangold go in the first round that year? I thought that the Jets had two first round picks.

They did have two first round picks, I think they got the Chiefs' pick when the agreed to let Herm Edwards go coach KC.

Crushzilla
08-20-2007, 11:23 PM

Touche. I thought they got him early in the second round.

Regardless...

PisnNapalm
08-22-2007, 10:04 PM
OMG!!

The TEXANS WIN 30 to 3 over Baltimore!!!

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=270822201

Wait....what? Sorry... My bad. :dang:

:flap:

pittsburghp8baller
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM
ive been watching bits and pieces of the texan games on the nfl network and i have to say they have been impressive. schaub looked real good in what i saw of him.

The Duke
08-27-2007, 08:18 PM
ive been watching bits and pieces of the texan games on the nfl network and i have to say they have been impressive. schaub looked real good in what i saw of him.

Shaub's been really good in preaseason, I bet the falcons are regretting that trade now :flap:. I think he'll do good as a starter, well, as good as you can be on the texans team, he'll have decent numbers but I don't see that team going anywhere this season

BTW, I didn't know falcons fans were so classy, most of them say they hope Shaub does good. Classy move by them considering their current situation

Newzfoxjr
01-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Or maybe he's a Jags/Steelers fan now. I mean, wasn't his goal to make the LEAST amount of sense? =O

The Duke
01-07-2008, 11:02 AM
Oh dude....why did you have to remind about this thread?

I do wonder what's become of Park.....Betti.....TexansFan :wink02:

lol, better record than the browns, he sure thought the texans were gonna hold on to their early season wins :flap:

fansince'76
01-07-2008, 11:02 AM
I forgot about this one. LMAO! :toofunny:

Dynasty
01-07-2008, 08:18 PM
He's a Giants fan now.

touchdownward
01-07-2008, 08:23 PM
I say his mommy and daddy took him to Baaston for chowda and a swan-shaped paddle boat ride this summer so now he's a Pats fan.

He's a die-hard you know. :chuckle:

verks36
01-07-2008, 08:34 PM
I wonder why our favorite Texans fans hasn't been by to celebrate thier season yet. Maybe he's a Brown's fan now.:wink02:

I could resist, all the threads in the main forum have bored me.

LOL i miss that kid... He was so easy to make fun of and he wanted someone to send him a terrible towel

The Duke
01-07-2008, 09:20 PM
LOL i miss that kid... He was so easy to make fun of and he wanted someone to send him a terrible towel

wonder if anyone sent him one.

at least he got the terrible texans :toofunny:

BettisFan
03-11-2008, 04:04 PM

Haha thanks for the love, I liked the Texans cause I lived here, now that i moving back home i can be a steeler full time. Dont worry I'm back!

83-Steelers-43
03-11-2008, 04:34 PM
:yawn::coffee::rolleyes:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-11-2008, 05:44 PM

I was given a Cowboys hat by the director of marketing for the Cowboys and I told him I can't wear it.

Gave it to my brother in law.

BettisFan
03-11-2008, 08:51 PM
Yea man cant wear a rivals clothing! lol

steelpinstripe72
03-11-2008, 09:51 PM

There's only one exception I can make to this. One of my closest friends, also a Steelers fan, is going into the NFL (his agent actually represented Bam Morris back when Bam was playing for the Steelers). He will not be a Steeler - for now, anyway - as the Steelers already have a punter; we have been referring to Sepulveda as "He who must not be named," but anyway. I will be getting his jersey. There's definitely one thing that runs deeper than fanhood, and that's friendship. He has been, and is, a helluva friend, there aren't too many people like him. People at home are going to be like, "The sky is falling!" when they find out about this, but whatever.

BettisFan
03-11-2008, 10:11 PM
There's only one exception I can make to this. One of my closest friends, also a Steelers fan, is going into the NFL (his agent actually represented Bam Morris back when Bam was playing for the Steelers). He will not be a Steeler - for now, anyway - as the Steelers already have a punter; we have been referring to Sepulveda as "He who must not be named," but anyway. I will be getting his jersey. There's definitely one thing that runs deeper than fanhood, and that's friendship. He has been, and is, a helluva friend, there aren't too many people like him. People at home are going to be like, "The sky is falling!" when they find out about this, but whatever.
Wow man thats tight, I would do the same thing. Update us on how he does.:cheers:

steelpinstripe72
03-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Will do. He's got a workout with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers tomorrow, I believe, so keep him in your prayers, thoughts, etc. :)

BettisFan
03-11-2008, 11:12 PM
Whats his name?

steelpinstripe72
03-11-2008, 11:46 PM
Ben Woods. Here's his profile at ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=157815). No total stats there, but it still gives you an idea of what he's like as a player.

BettisFan
03-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks

BlastFurnace
03-12-2008, 12:18 AM
I think the Texans are an interesting franchise. They have a lot of talent on the roster and could surprise this year if Schaub plays up to what is expected of him.

Schaub, I think is a very good QB, but just had injury problems last season. I still think they made a good trade for him and that he will end up being a quality starter in the league...not a star...but a quality starter. Rosenfels is just a career backup, IMO. So many people in Texas wanted them to take Vince Young with that 1st pick in the draft, but regardless of his popularity in Texas and especially in the Houston area, that would have been a big mistake. At the time of that draft, I thought they should have taken Bush, but they made the right choice with passing on both of them.

The running back I used to like that they had was Johnathan Wells. It's too bad that he didn't stay healthy. I think they have a weak group of RB's and never should have signed Ahman Green. The tread on those tires is all but gone and he's injury prone. Dayne was nothing but a stopgap, and I don't think that Darius Walker has the speed or power to be an effective back in the league. They need to definitely upgrade in the draft here. For some reason, when you guys signed Samkon Gado I thought that he would be decent, but now he's off the roster. Ever since Gado had that decent game against the Steelers in 2005 he has always intrigued me a little bit. He just doesn't stick anywhere he goes.

Their WR core has a great player in Johnson, a very dependable receiver in Walter (someone who had a really nice playoff game against our Steelers and someone I was hoping we would sign), and another solid veteran in Andre Davis....although I still think they overpaid to keep him. Johnson needs to stay healthy in order for Schaub to reach the status he is capable of. Their TE's are decent as well. This is where the production will come from in their offense.

Another strong point on this team is their young DL with Akoye and Williams. It will be interesting to see how well Dunta Robinson will play when he comes back. Robinson was another guy that I wish the Steelers could have drafted, but I think he was in the same draft that Ben was in, so he wasn't really an option.

Kubiak had them playing better last season and it will be interesting to see where they go this season. Considering the division they play in, to finish 8-8 iast season was very respectable, a big improvement and gives you guys hope for the coming season.

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 10:11 AM
I think the Texans are an interesting franchise. They have a lot of talent on the roster and could surprise this year if Schaub plays up to what is expected of him.

Schaub, I think is a very good QB, but just had injury problems last season. I still think they made a good trade for him and that he will end up being a quality starter in the league...not a star...but a quality starter. Rosenfels is just a career backup, IMO. So many people in Texas wanted them to take Vince Young with that 1st pick in the draft, but regardless of his popularity in Texas and especially in the Houston area, that would have been a big mistake. At the time of that draft, I thought they should have taken Bush, but they made the right choice with passing on both of them.

The running back I used to like that they had was Johnathan Wells. It's too bad that he didn't stay healthy. I think they have a weak group of RB's and never should have signed Ahman Green. The tread on those tires is all but gone and he's injury prone. Dayne was nothing but a stopgap, and I don't think that Darius Walker has the speed or power to be an effective back in the league. They need to definitely upgrade in the draft here. For some reason, when you guys signed Samkon Gado I thought that he would be decent, but now he's off the roster. Ever since Gado had that decent game against the Steelers in 2005 he has always intrigued me a little bit. He just doesn't stick anywhere he goes.

Their WR core has a great player in Johnson, a very dependable receiver in Walter (someone who had a really nice playoff game against our Steelers and someone I was hoping we would sign), and another solid veteran in Andre Davis....although I still think they overpaid to keep him. Johnson needs to stay healthy in order for Schaub to reach the status he is capable of. Their TE's are decent as well. This is where the production will come from in their offense.

Another strong point on this team is their young DL with Akoye and Williams. It will be interesting to see how well Dunta Robinson will play when he comes back. Robinson was another guy that I wish the Steelers could have drafted, but I think he was in the same draft that Ben was in, so he wasn't really an option.

Kubiak had them playing better last season and it will be interesting to see where they go this season. Considering the division they play in, to finish 8-8 iast season was very respectable, a big improvement and gives you guys hope for the coming season.

Nice man i agree on every point lol so one knows their Texans.

lilyoder6
03-12-2008, 11:00 AM
don't forget about demco ryans.. he is a very good lb for that team.. all they need is to get another big time wr opposite of AJ... then they would be set

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 05:20 PM
Andre Davis is a beast he is getting better, last year last game of the season had two KR TD's to win the game and make them 8-8

BlastFurnace
03-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Andre Davis is a beast he is getting better, last year last game of the season had two KR TD's to win the game and make them 8-8

I think they signed him off the waiver wire also. Since Arians is familiar with him from his days in Cleveland, I wish we would have signed him. Granted, had he had similiar results with us, we would not have signed him to a $20 Million dollar deal, but he would have really helped us last year in our KO return game.

BettisFan
03-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Yea he could help any team

MasterOfPuppets
04-09-2008, 07:12 PM
any texan fans here??? :eye:

MasterOfPuppets
04-09-2008, 07:16 PM
our line really really needs to step up their game but i was at the bears texans game and no sacks on our qb's so thats good and carr had 2 on him in carolina that night! Green is older after this or next year he will be done i think, Andre is a monster he is amazing! for our secondary we just lost earl our SS so now we have big problems, he was one of our l eaders on D and he was great now we need to fill his spot cause he is on IR, also mario is playing like a 3rd rounder and he isnt living up to expectation but i hope okoye will! Lets hope schaub does well but from how it looks Sage Rosenfels might start after a few weeks, he was going to anyway this year before we got schaub, sage can do it, but i hope matt can come up and prove him self as a starter in the nfl!
hey !!! i found one !!!

Preacher
04-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Please.........

Someone...............

KILL THIS THREAD

HometownGal
04-09-2008, 07:58 PM
We have asked repeatedly that the poking stop.:banging: C'mon guys - enough is enough. I'm locking this thread.