PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Preseason

BettisFan
08-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Apparently, I need to explain something to a few of you..

Preseason football is to examine your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string players to see how they will play in a real game against other teams. Practice can tell you alot, but until you see them on the field, it is just practice. It also helps to identify playmakers. Those who dont practice well, but play much better.

Preseason is not for:

Unseating our STARTING QB to a backup QB. Backup QB's tend to do well in preseason, because they are playing against 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 4th string guys. Of course they look good. Note: Except for Van Pelt who looked bad even on the 4th team

Winning: While the drive to win the game should be there.. this is a evaluation of the lower level players. Their drive should be to win.

The 1st string are only playing to test it, practice it, and show they still have it to start. They need to be careful due to this is a unimportant game, but have a good showing.

The 2nd strings goal are to make it to the first string. They should come out 100%.

The 3rd string goal is to show flashes why they should be retained on the team.

This is a eval period. Quit trying to make it more then that.

fansince'76
08-14-2007, 11:57 AM
Gee, thanks for the revelation. Never mind that a lot of us here have been following this game twice as long as you've been alive, if not longer.

PisnNapalm
08-14-2007, 12:00 PM
Apparently, I need to explain something to a few of you..

Preseason football is to examine your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd string players to see how they will play in a real game against other teams. Practice can tell you alot, but until you see them on the field, it is just practice. It also helps to identify playmakers. Those who dont practice well, but play much better.

Preseason is not for:

Unseating our STARTING QB to a backup QB. Backup QB's tend to do well in preseason, because they are playing against 2nd, 3rd, and sometimes 4th string guys. Of course they look good. Note: Except for Van Pelt who looked bad even on the 4th team

Winning: While the drive to win the game should be there.. this is a evaluation of the lower level players. Their drive should be to win.

The 1st string are only playing to test it, practice it, and show they still have it to start. They need to be careful due to this is a unimportant game, but have a good showing.

The 2nd strings goal are to make it to the first string. They should come out 100%.

The 3rd string goal is to show flashes why they should be retained on the team.

This is a eval period. Quit trying to make it more then that.

I'm sorry but you've forfeited any right to discuss Steelers football here. Please turn in your signature and screen name.

83-Steelers-43
08-14-2007, 12:07 PM
And in other news........

The earth is in fact round.

HometownGal
08-14-2007, 12:30 PM
So that the members of this board are spared the overwhelming urge to toss their cookies, I'm going to lock this thread. I don't see any positive discussion coming from it.