PDA

View Full Version : Parker to Play on Saturday

83-Steelers-43
08-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Steelers' Parker will play in Saturday's game
Tuesday, August 14, 2007

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Pro Bowl running back Willie Parker, who did not play in the first two preseason games because of a knee injury, will play Saturday night when the Steelers face the Washington Redskins in Landover, Md.

Parker, who missed 10 days of practice with an undisclosed knee injury, said last week he wanted to play against the Redskins but didn't think the coaching staff would use him in the game.

But Coach Mike Tomlin said today that Parker will play.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07226/809394-66.stm

tony hipchest
08-14-2007, 12:06 PM
:getdown:

the receiving game has looked pretty good. cant wait to see willie and ben in there together. its tough not to hope for instant explosion.

FastWillieParker39
08-14-2007, 12:49 PM
YES!! Hopefully Tomlin will shake some things up with the first team offense on Saturday :tt02:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Cool Willie is playing...I wouldn't have minded to rest him one more game though....Since we all know Willie is a bad ass......I'm sure Tomlin won't have Willie in there long.....But I'm happy Fast Willie is back and ready to go......

To follow up on THs point......The WRs have been awesome so far......I think Holmes is going to have a really nice year....Plus Wilson has stepped up his game....If Nate can work on his concentration then the Steelers will have 4 solid WRs.....Plus the TEs havn't even been used yet...I'm sure Heath will be a factor this year.....

The whole key to the Steelers offense is the Oline.....But even if they stink again...I think this new offense will give Ben better options of getting rid of the ball more quickly....

SteelFist
08-14-2007, 02:06 PM
Good! He needs to get some reps in. I will be there at FedEX! :tt02:

steelpride12
08-14-2007, 02:20 PM
Great, i can finally see how explosive him and Ben will be together and he needs the reps before the regular season.

83-Steelers-43
08-14-2007, 02:31 PM
Good! He needs to get some reps in.

I agree. If the doc says he is good to go, let him loose.

The Duke
08-14-2007, 02:45 PM
That's ok, as long as he's not overused

Preacher
08-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Cool Willie is playing...I wouldn't have minded to rest him one more game though....Since we all know Willie is a bad ass......I'm sure Tomlin won't have Willie in there long.....But I'm happy Fast Willie is back and ready to go......

To follow up on THs point......The WRs have been awesome so far......I think Holmes is going to have a really nice year....Plus Wilson has stepped up his game....If Nate can work on his concentration then the Steelers will have 4 solid WRs.....Plus the TEs havn't even been used yet...I'm sure Heath will be a factor this year.....

The whole key to the Steelers offense is the Oline.....But even if they stink again...I think this new offense will give Ben better options of getting rid of the ball more quickly....

You have to remember... Reid looked pretty dang good that second game as well. He takes another step in this game and we have four solid receivers, NOT counting Nate Washington or our long shot on Young. either one of those show up to play, and we have a decent five wide corp... AND, TE and RB to boot.

Yeah... who's to say that we are not a throwing team now? But remember... Willie, Ward, and the rest can still RUN the ball. yeah, Ward. and Ced. Watch for some end arounds this year!

PsychoMagnit
08-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Good! He needs to get some reps in. I will be there at FedEX! :tt02:

I wiil be there too. Glad to hear we get to see Willie. Looking forward to seeing the entire team from the stands. Can't see how things are going on TV.

Have fun at the game! :cheers:

TommyG
08-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Good. So far the games have seemed a little off without Willie in the backfield.

SteelFist
08-15-2007, 09:24 PM
I wiil be there too. Glad to hear we get to see Willie. Looking forward to seeing the entire team from the stands. Can't see how things are going on TV.

Have fun at the game! :cheers:
You too! There will be many Steeler fans in the stands that night....:tt02:

Stlrs4Life
08-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Figures, he gets to play and I'm goping to miss the game. I'll be at the Toby Keith concert.