PDA

View Full Version : Will someone puh-leeze wrap Ben up in bubble wrap???

stillers4me
08-14-2007, 06:07 PM
Doctors check Big Ben's hand for injury :dang:
Tuesday, August 14, 2007

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger injured his throwing hand toward the end of the Steelers' afternoon practice at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe and was being examined by team doctors to determine the severity of the injury.

Roethlisberger sustained the injury when he followed through on a pass and hit his right hand on a helmet during 11-on-11 drills.

FastWillieParker39
08-14-2007, 06:09 PM
here we go again :banging:

The Duke
08-14-2007, 06:13 PM
I won't get worried until I see the words "serious injury", which I hope I we won't see. Heal fast Ben

MACH1
08-14-2007, 06:24 PM
Damn.....Hope he didn't break something.

FastWillieParker39
08-14-2007, 06:25 PM
I don't think it's as serious as I think though. They don't go into great detail and act like something's broken.

Please heal fast Ben, we NEED you to make a run at the SB!

Parker4.1
I think we should go ahead and make Big Bens mom the team mom...that way when he gets all these little booboo's she can kiss them to make them feel better. SUCK IT UP BEN!!!

4n2t0
I won't get worried until I see the words "serious injury", which I hope I we won't see. Heal fast Ben

Well said.

There's only one thing that bothers me about this, I can see it now...........

"Ben didn't play well last season because he hit his hand in PRACTICE! :wink02:

OneForTheToe
08-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Ohhh I'm getting the heeebees and the geebees aren't far behind. I hope it's not an injury to same finger he broke in 2005.

stillers4me
08-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Ohhh I'm getting the heeebees and the geebees aren't far behind. I hope it's not an injury to same finger he broke in 2005.

The one he won a SuperBowl with?? :tt02:

BlastFurnace
08-14-2007, 06:30 PM
Some guys are a magnet for injuries. Unfortunately, Ben is one of them. As it has been the past 3 years, after nearly ever sack, he will get up limping, grimacing, shaking his hand and looking at his thumb, etc.

I've never seen a player who has more minor injuries that show up on game day than Ben.

Frustrating...yes, but unfortunately, he is the key to our season.

83-Steelers-43
08-14-2007, 06:32 PM
Much like with his foot a few days ago, I'm sure it's nothing. Kid breaks a nail and it's front page news.

stillers4me
08-14-2007, 06:34 PM
Big Ben.......takes a licking but keeps on ticking......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/Ben.gif

OneForTheToe
08-14-2007, 06:34 PM
The one he won a SuperBowl with?? :tt02:

Yes that one:tt02: i'll take the Super Bowl and leave the broken thumbs to the rest of the teams.

BlastFurnace
08-14-2007, 06:35 PM
Doctor's say Big Ben's hand is ok according to the Post Gazette(dot)com:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07226/809431-66.stm

stillers4me
08-14-2007, 06:38 PM
He's either accident prone or tough as nails. A little of both, I think, our Big Ben!! :helmet:

FastWillieParker39
08-14-2007, 06:40 PM
Phew! For a minute there I thought our season was lost. Well now I'm back on the Steelers playoff wagon lol!

83-Steelers-43

And the follow up story. :toofunny:

The Duke

See, nothin to worry about :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
08-14-2007, 06:44 PM
He's either accident prone or tough as nails. A little of both, I think, our Big Ben!! :helmet:

Or there is waaaay too much coverage of training camp non-events by the P-G?:dang:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-14-2007, 06:56 PM
Stan just said on Sports Beat that Ben was going to see a doctor tomorrow about his hand....But Stan also said the Steelers said thats not true and that Ben is fine....So who knows? This cracks me up the Pittsburgh Media and their breaking news if Ben passes wind............lol

fansince'76
08-14-2007, 06:58 PM
Stan just said on Sports Beat that Ben was going to see a doctor tomorrow about his hand....But Stan also said the Steelers said thats not true and that Ben is fine....So who knows? This cracks me up the Pittsburgh Media and their breaking news if Ben passes wind............lol

This almost reminds me of the coaching hire stories/non-stories earlier this year. Who cares if it's wrong, just get that scoop! :rolleyes:

FastWillieParker39
08-14-2007, 07:10 PM
Who should we believe more? Stan Savran or the Steelers? I'll take the Steelers!

83-Steelers-43
08-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Who should we believe more? Stan Savran or the Steelers? I'll take the Steelers!

Savern is normally pretty good and I would take his word over somebody's from ESPN. Also, if Ben's hand is injured, I wouldn't put it past the Steelers to keep an injury to Roethlisberger on the down low. I still have yet to hear what happened to Holmes before TC this year. The 'mysterious off-field' injury was pretty much pushed under the carpet and never heard from again.

Who knows? Personally, I don't think it's anything major, but I'm not a doctor nor was I on the field. I just find it funny that Dulac would print up the first article and then five minutes later print out the second. Why not just wait, get the details and then print the story? Also, Anthony Smith went down with an abdominal injury today, will Gerry bother giving me an update on that one? Didn't think so.

Funny.

steel#1
08-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Can anybody say "much ado about nothing". The media just runs around looking for anything
to report. I have seen a lot of QB's shaking their hand after they hit a helmet when throwing the
ball. Besides that if his thumb is hurt if I remember correctly he played pretty darn good then.
That's really all that matters. And if all else fails, get out the plastic bubble and only let him out
on game day.(haha)

Atlanta Dan
08-14-2007, 07:43 PM
No doubt team coverage and film at 11 to follow - if Ben would happen to have broken his hand the Martians could land in Pittsburgh overnight and would only get mentioned on the news after interviews with Tomlin, Ben,and the UPMC doctor on Ben's case ran on KDKA..

Atlanta Dan
08-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Can anybody say "much ado about nothing". The media just runs around looking for anything
to report. I have seen a lot of QB's shaking their hand after they hit a helmet when throwing the
ball. Besides that if his thumb is hurt if I remember correctly he played pretty darn good then.
That's really all that matters. And if all else fails, get out the plastic bubble and only let him out
on game day.(haha)

Maybe someone can call up Cowher and ask him if he thinks Ben is exaggerating an injury again - this may be Tomlin's baptism in dealing with the manic phase of Steelers Nation and coverage when it comes to discussing rumors of injuries.

revefsreleets
08-14-2007, 08:07 PM
Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

alittlejazzbird
08-14-2007, 08:15 PM
ball. Besides that if his thumb is hurt if I remember correctly he played pretty darn good then.)

Happened to Peyton Manning during one of their playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl, if you recall.

I don't know if the media over-reports this stuff, but Ben sure seems prone to nagging little things like banging his hand, getting his foot stepped on, etc. I hope -- but I'm not convinced -- that the Steelers are telling the truth when they say it's nothing serious.

I check the Post-Gazette every day for training camp updates, and when I saw the headline about Ben's hand, I about had a heart attack. Sometimes I wish he could go sit in a padded room between now and opening day. Sheesh.

GBMelBlount
08-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Maybe someone can call up Cowher and ask him if he thinks Ben is exaggerating an injury again - this may be Tomlin's baptism in dealing with the manic phase of Steelers Nation and coverage when it comes to discussing rumors of injuries.

Don't worry, Ben is tough. I heard he got a hangnail in one of the recent practices & didn't say a word, just chewed the damn thing off, spit it out & kept right on playing!

PAMillerGrrl83
08-14-2007, 08:34 PM
Happened to Peyton Manning during one of their playoff games leading up to the Super Bowl, if you recall..

Thats true and I do believe our Ben is much tougher.

PalmerSteel
08-14-2007, 09:20 PM
as much pride and dedication pittsburgh and its distant fans has for it's nfl team, probably more than any other, this is the down fall of it. every little thing that happens to our team is blown up.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-14-2007, 09:27 PM
here we go again :banging:

Oh No another "Hand Gate"

HometownGal
08-14-2007, 09:40 PM
I'm not believing anything until I hear it from Tomlin or the Steelers FO. Ben's a tough cookie and even in the worst case scenario that he broke his hand or fingers, he'll rough it out.

tony hipchest
08-14-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm not believing anything until I hear it from Tomlin or the Steelers FO. Ben's a tough cookie and even in the worst case scenario that he broke his hand or fingers, he'll rough it out.

until then, will somebody please wrap tom "breeder" brady in bubble wrap?

steelpride12
08-14-2007, 09:48 PM
And after reading that.....my stomach drops ugh please heal Ben. The team the Fans we need you!

TackleMeBen
08-14-2007, 11:02 PM
no need to fear... he is a mutant ... he will heal by tomorrow and be back on the practice field.
and i was all for putting him a bubble last year so he wouldnt get hurt again after his failed attempt as a stunt man..lol

Edman
08-14-2007, 11:21 PM
Ben is fine.

If Ben rubs his elbow... He's got an elbow injury!
If Ben goes to the doctor for a checkup... He's sick!
If Ben massages his feet... He's got a foot injury!
If Ben goes to use the bathroom... he has a bladder problem!
If Ben relaxes... He's lazy and has no Work Ethic!
If Ben has a headache... he has a concussion!
If Ben scratches his head... He has lice!

It's getting to the point that whatever Ben does or doesn't do, there's something wrong with him. I bet if he fidgets his hand even once, people will say there's an injury to his spinal cord or something. I dunno about the rest of you, but I'll wait to hear the word from Mike Tomlin and the coaching staff before panicking.

Goes to show you how desperate the media is for a story. Trivial bumps and bruises that happen to you and me everyday are magnified tenfold with Ben Roethlisberger. It also doesn't help that Ben is among the most popular sports athletes in Pittsburgh.

Preacher
08-15-2007, 12:07 AM
Ben is fine.

It's getting to the point that whatever Ben does or doesn't do, there's something wrong with him. I bet if he fidgets his hand even once, people will say there's an injury to his spinal cord or something. I dunno about the rest of you, but I'll wait to hear the word from Mike Tomlin and the coaching staff before panicking.

Goes to show you how desperate the media is for a story. Trivial bumps and bruises that happen to you and me everyday are magnified tenfold with Ben Roethlisberger. It also doesn't help that Ben is among the most popular sports athletes in Pittsburgh.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.........

yep. Nothing else to say!

tony hipchest
08-15-2007, 01:09 AM
Ben is fine.

Goes to show you how desperate the media is for a story. Trivial bumps and bruises that happen to you and me everyday are magnified tenfold with Ben Roethlisberger. It also doesn't help that Ben is among the most popular sports athletes in Pittsburgh.:sofunny: lol. thats a pretty good take. :cheers:

Galax Steeler
08-15-2007, 04:11 AM
He sounds fine hope to see him play saturday night.

Steelers
08-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Hopefully, it's nothing. With Kinder being knocked out of Pitt's upcoming season, I can't take any more injuries.

Hines0wnz
08-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Some guys are a magnet for injuries. Unfortunately, Ben is one of them. As it has been the past 3 years, after nearly ever sack, he will get up limping, grimacing, shaking his hand and looking at his thumb, etc.

I've never seen a player who has more minor injuries that show up on game day than Ben.

Frustrating...yes, but unfortunately, he is the key to our season.

After last year's horrific motorcycle wreck and the follow on surgery I agree but he has been pretty durable other than that. Hopefully he has learned how to take care of himself better and only experience will teach him how to avoid the big hits if he wants to play for more than 8 or 9 years.

Hines0wnz
08-15-2007, 04:50 PM
until then, will somebody please wrap tom "breeder" brady in bubble wrap?

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny: :wink02:

83-Steelers-43
08-15-2007, 05:00 PM
Tomlin protocol announced today:

From now on, the next lineman who happens to come into physical contact with Ben Roethlisberger will be executed on site. Tomlin explained that "Ben nipping his hand on a lineman's helmet or having his toes stepped on will not be put up with in my camp.".

After hearing the announcement, chants of "Hit him Starks! Hit him Starks!" erupted from the Latrobe field crowd.

TackleMeBen
08-15-2007, 09:15 PM
Tomlin protocol announced today:

From now on, the next lineman who happens to come into physical contact with Ben Roethlisberger will be executed on site. Tomlin explained that "Ben nipping his hand on a lineman's helmet or having his toes stepped on will not be put up with in my camp.".

After hearing the announcement, chants of "Hit him Starks! Hit him Starks!" erupted from the Latrobe field crowd.

man that is just wrong..lol.. funny but wrong :sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

FastWillieParker39
08-15-2007, 11:19 PM
Not concerned about this now. I've heard nothing about this today and it really wasn't THAT big of a deal to start with.