PDA

View Full Version : Staley ready to take a shot at the Pats...Upgraded to Probable

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2005, 03:01 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05267/577028.stm

Duce Staley passes out bullets to his teammates before every game, a sign he is ready to go to war.

And, make no mistake, he is ready to go against New England.

"I'm going to go," Staley said. "I don't know how much. I can't make that decision, but I'll go out and see where I'm at. Hopefully, it will be on the lines of the old Duce."

Staley, who started 10 games in 2004, hasn't been in uniform since the last time the Steelers played the Patriots -- a 41-27 defeat in the AFC championship game in January. He sustained a cartilage tear in his knee in training camp and missed the entire preseason and the first two games of the regular season.

But, after practicing every day the past two weeks, Staley has been upgraded to probable and will dress against the Patriots. However, he will serve as a backup to Willie Parker, the AFC's leading rusher with 271 yards in two games.

And that means distributing bullets as a part of his pregame ritual.

"I let them know we're going to war," Staley said. "I give them to all the soldiers -- [Alan] Faneca, Marvel [Smith], Danny [Krieder] -- and I tell them shoot these bullets and come and save me. And they come and save me."

Va_steeler
09-24-2005, 03:09 AM
Awesome! Pumped And Ready! Hell I Fell Like We Are Going To The Bowl Sun. W/all This Attention....lol.

Koopa
09-24-2005, 03:13 AM
hopefully the old duce comes back in a way, cause the old duce is injury prone, so hopefully it's a combination of the old healthy duce and a new duce that won't get injured shakin someones hand. this is gonna be great two badass running backs to throw at defences.

TasmanianTroy271
09-24-2005, 09:57 AM
Even if he doesn't run well, it'll still help us in this game because of what he might be able to do. We've got El and Ced catching long passes, Hines still catching anything thats thrown at him, Willie getting breakout runs, and then if we have the possibility of a powerback like Duce pushing the line forward 3 yards, how're they gonna defend all that?

WOOO STEELERS!

Da Boot
09-24-2005, 11:32 AM
I'm all pumped to see Duce back on the field. I want to see what a healthy Duce can do in combination with Willie. All I know is I wouldnt want to be the one trying to stop that duo.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2005, 11:57 AM
Awesome! Pumped And Ready! Hell I Fell Like We Are Going To The Bowl Sun. W/all This Attention....lol.

NO doubt !!! We havent had this much media attention surrounding a regular season game since I dont even know when !!!

Koopa
09-24-2005, 11:58 AM
hopefully it don't mess with the players heads and we come out like shit.

tony hipchest
09-24-2005, 12:34 PM
hopefully it don't mess with the players heads and we come out like shit.
i dont think that will happen but the key is if ben comes out and makes an early mistake, which he was prone to do last year, for the team not to hang their heads. the team needs to rally around anyone who might make an early mistake and keep playing for 60 min. like the score is 0-0. if the steelers do get a sizeable lead they need to remember who they are playing. if they try to shut it down like they did the past 2 weeks the patriots will see that and pounce. the steelers could piss away a big lead in the second half otherwise. and if it is 4th and 1 PUNT THE BALL!!!!!!! keep this a field position game and dont gamble or do anything that might give the patrits some confidence. especially early in the game. imo pinning the patriots inside their 10 and stuffing them with our defense is more valuable than scoring an early 3 points. the steelers get stronger in the second half, and can come back on this team if need be.

Koopa
09-24-2005, 12:42 PM
400th post awwready *chamillionaire tone*

we better not go into control the clock crap if we get an early lead we need to keep pouring it on them because this team can easily come back, and hopefully ben has learned from last year and will cut down those early mistakes that he used to do. cause one mistake can cost you the whole game. damn i can't wait till tomorrow

tony hipchest
09-24-2005, 12:55 PM
400th post awwready *chamillionaire tone*

we better not go into control the clock crap if we get an early lead we need to keep pouring it on them because this team can easily come back, and hopefully ben has learned from last year and will cut down those early mistakes that he used to do. cause one mistake can cost you the whole game. damn i can't wait till tomorrow
if there is an early mistake dont get down. us steelerfans can get easilly deflated. you can hear it in the stands at homegames when you watch on tv, and i think that affects the team. the steelers always play best when the people are yelling and screamin and it seems when the crowd goes quiet they kind of tail off. they definitely feed off the crowd energy so anyone going to the game KEEP IT UP!

I.C. Lights
09-24-2005, 03:28 PM
I wonder how many games duce will last this season before he's injured again... Oh well, as long as he's there when it counts I won't complain!

Va_steeler
09-24-2005, 03:31 PM
Duce is very injury prone, but we can't think like that! Lets hope everyone stays healthy to make it sb40! :grin:

I.C. Lights
09-24-2005, 03:32 PM
Yeah, you're right. I just have a hard time staying positive when it comes to Duce. I will try to get better.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-24-2005, 04:41 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8886601

Pittsburgh Steelers running back Duce Staley has been upgraded from questionable to probable after practicing all week, and is expected to play Sunday against the New England Patriots.

Staley has not played since the Steelers' 41-27 loss to New England in the AFC championship game in January. He practiced only the first day of training camp before needing knee surgery Aug. 8, and practiced little until last week.

Staley will back up Willie Parker, a third-team running back a year ago who is second in the NFL in rushing with 272 yards in two games.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Black-n-Gold
09-24-2005, 08:15 PM
Everything thinks little of duce because you haven't seen him play in a long time. Watching him run people over tomorrow will regain some confidence. I have a good feeling about him, and teamed with Willie they'll be dominating defenses.

Va_steeler
09-24-2005, 08:19 PM
:cheers: HERE-HERE Black-N-Gold! He is itching for a scratch :grin:

SEMP
09-24-2005, 08:54 PM
I just hope that Duce's carries come from Verron's and not Willy's. oNLY other situation where I would be happy to see Duce runnin the ball is 4th quarter mop up duty. Nothing against Duce but every carry taken off of Willie may have been a 50 yard gain.