PDA

View Full Version : Raven Should be Fined....

Elvis
08-15-2007, 07:17 PM
I have not been here in a couple days and no one has a thread about the guy from Baltimore cheap shoting the Eagles punter?
This should be a fine for #50 from the Ravens... this in my opinion was a very cheap shot and most of all it was a helmet to helmet hit... Cant believe the league hasnt done anything to the guy yet or I am not even hearing about it much...:wave:

MasterOfPuppets
08-15-2007, 07:45 PM
actually , it was a helmet to chin

fansince'76
08-15-2007, 07:57 PM

Seems to me Greg Lloyd was hit with a very stiff fine for a similar helmet-to-chin hit on Favre back in the '95 preseason. Of course, that was Favre and this was just an insignificant punter....

The Duke
08-15-2007, 08:02 PM
Who's #50?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-15-2007, 09:44 PM
Does someone have a link? I heard the guys on Sport Center,before they went to commercial, saying something like: Does it make you tough if you lay out a punter in a preseason game. I was just about to leave when I heard it so I missed the hit.

TommyG
08-15-2007, 10:18 PM
There is no doubt that they should fine #50, rookie Antwan Barnes....I would fine his parents for spelling his name "Antwan"

verks36
08-15-2007, 10:24 PM
here is a good clip i found. Should he be fined? Yes. Why layout a someone that bad for no reason next to the play during PRESEASON.

Worst of all he is a panzi for laying out the punter if he is going to lay anyone out at least lay someone out he own size dont be going for the punter.
L6U6bMPpIIc

verks36
08-15-2007, 10:29 PM

actually it was helmet to helmet. The top of Antwan Barnes helmet hits the side of Sav Rocca helmet you can see it in the video. His Antwan's helmet causes the punters helmet to go flying off

SteelersMongol
08-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Ratbird #50 has made move like a p*ss* like a true Ratbird! Not surprised at all.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Damn.

Roughing the Kicker
Unsportsmanlike Conduct
Helmet-to-Helmet
Defensless player out of the play

I guess Ray Lewis and Terell Suggs have been teaching the rookies all about cheap shots.

This guy deserves a hefty fine for that, that hit was pure bullcrap.

Livinginthe past
08-16-2007, 03:14 AM
That was a terrible cheap hit.

The only consolation being that the guy is an Aussie...just kidding :wink02:

Seriously, those guys are as tough as nails - I heard the guy Rocca telling him to really 'bring it' next time.

Aussie_steeler
08-16-2007, 06:39 AM
That was a terrible cheap hit.

The only consolation being that the guy is an Aussie...just kidding :wink02:

Seriously, those guys are as tough as nails - I heard the guy Rocca telling him to really 'bring it' next time.

Come on LITP, you know what the result would have been if he was a pom. Something like the Johah Lomu hit on Mike Catt.

:cheers:Seriously, this guy was a high profile player in Australia for 15 years. At 6'5 and 265lbs with a cannon for a leg. He never got layed out like that once.

I think he was more embarassed than anything else. He would be worried that his mates back home would be pissin themselves with laughter over how easily he went down.

This would be the equivalent to Lawrence Dallaglio playing special teams. First time he might be a bit lost and somebody could get a lucky shot in. Second time they would not stand a chance.

Best of luck in the rugby world cup.

Fine the dirty ratbird. He deserves that plus a rematch with big sav rocca.

Livinginthe past
08-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Come on LITP, you know what the result would have been if he was a pom. Something like the Johah Lomu hit on Mike Catt.

:cheers:Seriously, this guy was a high profile player in Australia for 15 years. At 6'5 and 265lbs with a cannon for a leg. He never got layed out like that once.

I think he was more embarassed than anything else. He would be worried that his mates back home would be pissin themselves with laughter over how easily he went down.

This would be the equivalent to Lawrence Dallaglio playing special teams. First time he might be a bit lost and somebody could get a lucky shot in. Second time they would not stand a chance.

Best of luck in the rugby world cup.

Fine the dirty ratbird. He deserves that plus a rematch with big sav rocca.

Ha ha. I remember Jonah Lomu running right over Rory Underwood in the WC - that had to hurt!

Best of luck to you guys in the WC, too - id take the Aussies over the French any day of the week! :cheers:

stlrtruck
08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
If I recall correctly, Warren Sapp was fined for a similary hit on an Offensive Lineman a few years back when he played with the scubs (bucs). Let's see what Goodell has to say about the ratbirds on this one!!!!

SteelFist
08-16-2007, 12:10 PM
Who's #50?

ILB Antwan Barnes. I say fine the rookie! Welcome to the NFL:sign02:

SteelShooter
08-16-2007, 12:16 PM
Clearly cheap.

But, this is true form for a team that wishes to be known as "tough" like the Steelers......but just can't find a way to do it with out hiring punks, murderers, or crackheads to the roster.

Typical, very typical IMO.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-16-2007, 02:25 PM
Lets see them try to do that to our punter! Sepluveda would take that punky excuse for a linebacker to the cleaners!

7/39/43
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
just a cheap shot on the punter
wont' let me post a link yet. the shot Barnes of the Ravens put on the punter not even near the play

warddj86
08-17-2007, 06:37 PM
the punter could have got whiplash from that play i dont give a shit whether it happened to a backup punter or to peyton manning there should be a fine involved

Elvis
08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Has anyone ever heard anything about this hit or whether or not the NFL did the right thing by fining the guy? I hope that they have and if they havent.. then something has got to be done about it.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Has anyone ever heard anything about this hit or whether or not the NFL did the right thing by fining the guy? I hope that they have and if they havent.. then something has got to be done about it.

I haven't heard anything about it.

tony hipchest
08-25-2007, 03:19 PM
the nfl fined him yesterday ($12,500) for helmet to helmet contact. but get this... (im not making this up) he says he is innocent and denys that it was helmet to helmet and he is seeking ray lewis's guidance on filing an appeal.

:toofunny: no shit. i heard this on sirius radio yesterday.

other than hitting the guy in the helmet, i thought it was a great play on a legitimate target. if a punter like sepulveda has proven and has a reputation that they can go down the field and make a tackle they damn well better have their head on a swivel. if they wanna act like real football players they better be prepared to get hit like a real football player.

barnes shoulda just hit him a little lower and still decleated him.

kudos to the aussi punter for being tough as nails, and for hopefully teaching our new punter (wannabe LB) a lesson.

MasterOfPuppets
08-25-2007, 03:34 PM
the nfl fined him yesterday ($12,500) for helmet to helmet contact. but get this... (im not making this up) he says he is innocent and denys that it was helmet to helmet and he is seeking ray lewis's guidance on filing an appeal.

:toofunny: no shit. i heard this on sirius radio yesterday.

other than hitting the guy in the helmet, i thought it was a great play on a legitimate target. if a punter like sepulveda has proven and has a reputation that they can go down the field and make a tackle they damn well better have their head on a swivel. if they wanna act like real football players they better be prepared to get hit like a real football player.

barnes shoulda just hit him a little lower and still decleated him.

kudos to the aussi punter for being tough as nails, and for hopefully teaching our new punter (wannabe LB) a lesson.yep,i agree tony. the ONLY questionable part of the hit was the helmet contact. the play was live,and the punter was in the field of play.....he's fair game!

tony hipchest
08-25-2007, 03:51 PM
yep,i agree tony. the ONLY questionable part of the hit was the helmet contact. the play was live,and the punter was in the field of play.....he's fair game!
while he led with his shoulder he definitely left his feet and definitely impacted dudes head. it was more of a rookie mistake than a cheap shot. it is a shot that had all his team mates high fiving him for the next week.

it sucks that hes a raven cause hes probably "the next" in a long line. he probably gives thanks every day for not being drafted by the bungles and being cursed with the life of a criminal thug.

if he had his way on draft day, im sure he wanted to be a steeler. (and i wouldve applauded the hit if he were)

MasterOfPuppets
08-25-2007, 04:07 PM
while he led with his shoulder he definitely left his feet and definitely impacted dudes head. it was more of a rookie mistake than a cheap shot. it is a shot that had all his team mates high fiving him for the next week.

it sucks that hes a raven cause hes probably "the next" in a long line. he probably gives thanks every day for not being drafted by the bungles and being cursed with the life of a criminal thug.

if he had his way on draft day, im sure he wanted to be a steeler. (and i wouldve applauded the hit if he were)
that hit (helmet to helmet aside) was no more immoral , than joey porter knocking an injured tood heap on his ass, on an obvious spike the ball to stop the clock play.

HometownGal
08-26-2007, 08:05 AM
I dunno - the guy is a punter and surely didn't appear to be headed towards tackling anyone or attempting to make a play in that general vicinity. I see that hit as a cheap shot by a rookie trying hard to make the team by showing Bildick his "toughness". I feel the fine was justified.

rbryan
08-26-2007, 11:09 AM
He was fined $12,500. If it were a Steeler player whacking someone I wouldn't think its that dirty of a play. The punter is just another player on the field and for what its worth that guy was huge for a punter. Surely we can find something else about the ratbirds to bitch about??

Elvis
08-26-2007, 02:39 PM
He was fined $12,500. If it were a Steeler player whacking someone I wouldn't think its that dirty of a play. The punter is just another player on the field and for what its worth that guy was huge for a punter. Surely we can find something else about the ratbirds to bitch about??
There is always other threads for you rbryan....
This was a helmet to helmet hit that is just a cheap shot.. yeh.. he maybe a rookie that is trying to make a roster, but it is a cheap shot and needed to be fined for it. As far as Joey Porter hit on Todd Heap is not the subject here playin'withyourpupet guy... This is or was a dirty hit and I am glad the NFL took the action they have. And what a standup citizen that the guy can get to help him out in Ray Lewis... that shows he's smart because Lewis gets out of his crimes as well...
:tt02:

Livinginthe past
08-26-2007, 03:06 PM
playin'withyourpupet guy? LOL

Hey MOP, I think thats you.

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2007, 07:02 PM
There is always other threads for you rbryan....
This was a helmet to helmet hit that is just a cheap shot.. yeh.. he maybe a rookie that is trying to make a roster, but it is a cheap shot and needed to be fined for it. As far as Joey Porter hit on Todd Heap is not the subject here playin'withyourpupet guy... This is or was a dirty hit and I am glad the NFL took the action they have. And what a standup citizen that the guy can get to help him out in Ray Lewis... that shows he's smart because Lewis gets out of his crimes as well...
:tt02::blah::blah::blah: