PDA

View Full Version : Things you've heard about the Steelers in the off season from opposing fans

FastWillieParker39
08-15-2007, 10:17 PM
I saw that thread about what Steeler fans have been saying about changes, players and this season. So I thought we should write some stuff fans from other teams thought about the Steelers about this upcoming season. This is stuff that is absolutely ridiculous IMO. I'll start off......

-----Ben sucks, he'll never be the same again
-----Tomlin isn't Bill Cowher and he won't do (well ya know) in Pittsburgh
-----Everyone has there turn to have a down period for a long time, and it's the Steelers turn
-----The AFC North has been taken over by the Ravens and the Bengals
-----Browns have a much better future than the Steelers (yes I've heard that)
-----Hines Ward is overrated

Now there's more that I can't think of but I'm sure people on here will think of rediculous things that they've heard of from other teams fans.

My oh my, it's amazing how people TOTTALLY have there opinions changed when not looking at the actual big picture.

The Duke
08-15-2007, 10:26 PM
All I hear is the steelers suck, and all I do is show them the rings. But as our dear friend Piss my stripes(RIP) would say "you're living in the past", I say "Anthony Smith is gonna come get ya" :tt02:

LambertLunatic
08-15-2007, 10:31 PM
How about "Troy Polamalu is only an average SS"? At first, I laughed when I read this on a bengals board, until I realized that like their team, bengal fans know nothing about defense.

FastWillieParker39
08-15-2007, 10:55 PM
All I hear is the steelers suck, and all I do is show them the rings. But as our dear friend Piss my stripes(RIP) would say "you're living in the past", I say "Anthony Smith is gonna come get ya" :tt02:

See I never do that to anyone unless they get REALLY bad which is what kiss my stripes was.

People just don't care about the past and I understand that. However, I actually try to explain to them why the Steelers didn't make the playoffs last year (Ben hurt/distractions, Cowher not giving a damn, other key players hurt). Then I say how after all that the Steelers were still ONE win away from making the playoffs.

There response "blah, blah, blah, excuses, excuses." I'm sorry but those are not excuses, those are very legit reasons.

fansince'76
08-15-2007, 11:42 PM
The only one I've heard that has annoyed me somewhat is that "we've lost all our good defensive players," simply by letting Porter walk. Right - ask the Dolphins how their $30 million+ investment in Peezy is working out so far.

Newzfoxjr
08-15-2007, 11:46 PM
My dad, who is a Saints fan who claims they'll go 12-4 and win the Super Bowl against the Pats, handily, says the Steelers will go 5-11 at best.

=\

RoethlisBURGHer
08-15-2007, 11:56 PM
"The Steelers suck." I get that one daily.

"You let Porter go, you have no defense now." I didn't know one man made the defense.

"Polamalu is in the bottom third of NFL safties." Yes, a Browns fan said that. Browns fans don't know much about defense.

"Mike Tomlin was hired because he was black." Wow, what a complete retard.

"Arians is your OC? Wow, your offense is gonna blow." Wasn't he the OC for Cleveland the one year they went to the playoffs?

"Romeo Crenell is going to have a better season than the Tomlin." Someone was dropped on their head as a baby. Then again, getting fired from the Browns head coaching position might just be better than making the playoffs.

"Charlie Frye is better than Ben Wothlessberger." If by better you mean can't quarterback his way out of a wet paper bag, then I would have to agree with you.

"The Browns will sweep the Steelers this year." Someone didn't take his medication.

"Brady Quinn will have more Super Bowl rings than Ben Toothlessberger at the end of their careers." Yeah, if Quinn backs up Ben for the rest of his career...then backs up the Super Bowl winning QB we draft after Ben retires.

"KW2 is going to kick some Steeler ass this year." ******.

FastWillieParker39
08-16-2007, 12:04 AM
I love it how NFL fans bashed and bashed and bashed Cowher but as soon as he leaves everyone says how the Steelers won't be the same without him. WTF???

It's tough being a Steeler fan, it really is.

BOXCAR JOEY
08-16-2007, 08:11 AM
Ive heard every year for the last 10 years that " this is going to be the year of the browns" and every year its the same thing. down the drain hahahahaha

Jman
08-16-2007, 08:23 AM
I've heard all of the above. I have also heard that Steelers will have an 11-5 season. I'd be ok with that actually.

stlrtruck
08-16-2007, 10:56 AM
And all of those reasons are why we play the game on the field.

What's funny is after Noll retired, we heard the same thing over and over again. History will repeat itself - Tomlin gets the Steelers in the playoffs year 1, if not more!!!

Edman
08-16-2007, 10:59 AM
"The Steelers suck."
"Squeelers."
"You lost Cowher, you guys are gonna suck this year."
"You lost Porter, you guys are gonna suck this year." The shocking part about this was when he was with was with us, fans of division rivals called him an overrated non-threat.
"Ben was exposed as a fraud"
"58-7"
"The Steelers are finished."
"Bengals and Ravens are cream of the crop in the AFC North."
"Steelers are third place at best"
"The Steelers showed that ther Super Bowl ring was bought with that 8-8 season" From bitter Seahawk fans.
"Squeelers will be the Raven's B**ch for years to come."
"Ben Worthlessberger sucks."
"Charlie Frye/Brady Quinn is/will be better than Ben Turdburger" We're still waiting for that moment.
"Steeler fans are toothless hillbilly inbreds."
"Stealers strike again, they can't copy us!" From ignorant Ravens fans from when Lebeau revamped his D scheme.
"Arians sucks as an OC, and the Steelers will suffer." This guy was the OC for the Browns during their most respectable seasons in 2001 & 2002. He helped take them/contend for the playoffs with a journeyman QB and mediocre talent on offense with superstars like Dennis Northcutt and Willie Green. Imagine what he can do with talent on the Steelers.

That's what I've heard so far.

verks36
08-16-2007, 11:05 AM
" all ben knows how to do is hand off the ball"
"steelers are in the mist of rebuilding process and it aint going to be over soon"
"the steelers D is going to be soft without joey"

My favorite one i have heard so far
"The steeles didnt sighn any one over the offseason which is basically the ownership telling the players that we know we arent going to get in the playoffs so why waste the money on a free agent."

msafford
08-16-2007, 12:55 PM
I have to say that my friends who root for opposing teams have been good so far in not bashing the Steelers. The worst thing I've heard (so far) is, "Steely McBeam? Are you f*cking kidding me?"

Mosca
08-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Oh, who cares. We say stuff about other teams all the time. If any of that counted they wouldn't have to play the games, the fans that talked the most trash would determine the outcome of the season.

Tom

clarient
08-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Hahaha, I think a better question would be, "What HAVEN'T you heard about the steelers in the off-season from opposing fans."

My current bf is a Cowboys man and we fight constantly about football. I can't even count the number of dirty comments we've made about each others' teams. Only difference is, mine are all true!!!! Hahaha.

stlrtruck
08-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Oh, who cares. We say stuff about other teams all the time. If any of that counted they wouldn't have to play the games, the fans that talked the most trash would determine the outcome of the season.

Tom

Yes but at least ours has some truth to it!!!! :toofunny:

Edman
08-16-2007, 02:10 PM

Tom

I personally don't mind the trash talking on the Steelers. It makes the feeling so much sweeter when they win and see the crow on their face. I know opposing fans' opinions don't count and doesn't affect the outcome of the season, but it's fun to share.

TheWarDen86
08-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I heard Ben will never be the same and we'll be 4-12.
I've also been led to believe that the Bengals are the best team to ever bless the NFL (I think I just threw up in my mouth).
...I've also heard this by Pats fans but that's to be expected.., after all if you live in Mass. "This is the year!"

atlsteelers
08-16-2007, 02:51 PM
yeah,

the most crap that i am getting is becasue if that stupid @$$ mascot. in my FFL league i hear it everyday on the message board but i do live atlanta - so i do have pleny of comebacks -

TackleMeBen
08-16-2007, 03:06 PM
the funniest thing i heard was from a friend of mine that said the lions were going to have a better record than the steelers.

Edman
08-17-2007, 04:10 PM
Gotta love Browns fans. Every offseason they predict the same thing. These guys are so anti-steeler homeristic it's unbearable. At least I give credit to other teams when it's due. Even the Ravens. Though I still hate 'em with a passion.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=149#S=149&F=1547

stillers4me
08-17-2007, 05:03 PM
I said to one of my bosses today...."hey, wWhat's up with all the injuries with Bengals?"

He said, "I don't know, but it's will be good for the Steelers." I can hear the excuses starting already.

Pfffftttt...........bring on your best, baby!!! We can take them on healthy and whole.

fansince'76
08-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Gotta love Browns fans. Every offseason they predict the same thing. These guys are so anti-steeler homeristic it's unbearable. At least I give credit to other teams when it's due. Even the Ravens. Though I still hate 'em with a passion.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=149#S=149&F=1547

That tends to happen when one team gets its collective ass handed to it 12 out of the last 13 games by the other, including the last 7 in a row. :coffee:

FastWillieParker39
08-17-2007, 08:44 PM
That tends to happen when one team gets its collective ass handed to it 12 out of the last 13 games by the other, including the last 7 in a row. :coffee:

Can you say OWNED

I love Brownie fans. They think that this is the Steelers turn to suck. They say how everyone goes through a rough patch and it's the Steelers turn. Pshh screw you Browines!

fansince'76
08-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Can you say OWNED

I love Brownie fans. They think that this is the Steelers turn to suck. They say how everyone goes through a rough patch and it's the Steelers turn. Pshh screw you Browines!

We did go through a prolonged rough patch fairly recently - it was called the 1980s.

iloveben7
08-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Well actually this is from a Steeler fan (my friend at school that doesn't understand the game):
We should get rid of Ben

83-Steelers-43
08-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Ben is a poo-poo head.

Tomlin is a fraidy cat.

Ward is a chicken.

One even chanted "Willie, Willie, he's so silly".

I'm sitting on my couch yesterday watching Sesame Street and these kids were talking trash on the Steelers. Unbelievable. Little s***s.

SteelerTim
08-18-2007, 06:19 PM
I got this off of a seahawk board

"Pittsburgh will have trouble holding off an improved Browns team to keep out of the basement."

and

"You guys are way too high on the Steelers.

Might not win 6 games this year. New coach. Defensive scheme change. Improved division. They're not the Raiders or anything, and they'll be comeptitive in most games, but I don't see the Steelers making up the difference that separated them and, say, Baltimore last year, which was like 9000-7 in point difference."

SteelCityMan786
08-18-2007, 10:18 PM
We did go through a prolonged rough patch fairly recently - it was called the 1980s.

That Period is GONE!

zoneblitz43
08-21-2007, 04:57 PM
Browns 35, Steelers 0

Steeler fans are fat, toothless, inbred rednecks

the Bengals are a better team and will sweep the Steelers

the Steelers are a one year wonder

Big Ben is a Big Bum

the Steelers are the worst team in the AFC North

you live in Ohio, you should like an Ohio team, get out of our state, etc.

stillers4me
08-21-2007, 05:04 PM
The Steelers got lucky that year they won the Superbowl. Heard it today......

FastWillieParker39
08-21-2007, 05:45 PM
The Steelers got lucky that year they won the Superbowl. Heard it today......

Which of the 5 years was it? :tt02:

stillers4me
08-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Which of the 5 years was it? :tt02:

The year after went 15-1......... :tt02:

stillers4me
08-21-2007, 08:19 PM
Oh.....and from the same guy: I was in Pittsburgh last week and from what I hear, the people there don't like this new coach at all.

In his dreams...........