PDA

View Full Version : who would you cut

7/39/43
08-16-2007, 06:07 PM
I would get rid of Kevin Barlow, St. Piere,( hasn't really impressed me much especially with having trouble against the 4th string defense of Green Bay) Veron Haynes,Deshea Townsend (cost and makes the mistakes) Ricardo Coclough(sp?).
what about you

tony hipchest
08-16-2007, 06:20 PM
cut 2 cornerbacks? impossible. who do we replace them with? other players who are cut? their experience and knowledge of the system is very valuable. townsend is actually worth more than his contract and the rooneys spend to the max. they dont cut players just to pad their wallets and we are in good cap situation as of now.

off that list barlow and possibly haynes have the best chance to be gone. i think tomlin has no problem keeping haynes if he feels it will prevent ben from getting killed.

The Duke
08-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Colclough, Barlow and Pierre. Haynes only if Russell Davis and Kuhn are better than him. Deshea is still good, hopefully just as a #3 CB.

7/39/43
08-16-2007, 06:56 PM
I like the play of the young guysJohnson,gay ,madison,Mcfadden can handle can't prove it till you play Heck even Taylor might comeback I think I would cut him also.
as for RB's/Fb's I like russel, davis krieder even Kuhn

MasterOfPuppets
08-16-2007, 07:19 PM
I like the play of the young guysJohnson,gay ,madison,Mcfadden can handle can't prove it till you play Heck even Taylor might comeback I think I would cut him also.
:wtf:.....:huh:....:uhh:

The Duke
08-16-2007, 07:24 PM

???english please

steelpride12
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Colclough, Barlow and Pierre. Haynes only if Russell Davis and Kuhn are better than him. Deshea is still good, hopefully just as a #3 CB.

I agree, it's not time to cut Deshea he is not bad and really helps the team out, and we would only cut Haynes if the others really stepped up.

ChronoCross
08-16-2007, 08:52 PM

Until Gay plays against 1st string talent you really cannot say much about him yet. He hits hard and looks like he might do good, but only time will tell, as we probably will see him sometimes if at all in dime are nickle packages, for now he probably be on STs.

TommyG
08-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Barlow, Haynes, St. Pierre, and McBeam

The Duke
08-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Barlow, Haynes, St. Pierre, and McBeam

The mascot?:chuckle:

Preacher
08-16-2007, 11:40 PM
The mascot?:chuckle:

Absolutely... I would cut McBeam in a second!

Black@Gold Forever32
08-16-2007, 11:57 PM
Ok......First we need to cut that Big Ben guy...He just sucks...lol Then lets ax that Troy Polamalu person....totally worthless........Then lets wave bye bye to Santonio Holmes, Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton........We would be such a better team without them also.....

Ok for real.......Who needs to be cut......I would like to see Barlow cut right now....He just sucks...I thought it was worth a look to just bring him in...I didn't expect much but I thought at least he could fit into the RB rotation....But he has looked terrible and lets say bye to him now....I think Verron Haynes should be gone as well....Don't get me wrong Haynes is a solid player that does some of the small things really well...But he has had 3 season ending injuries in 5 seasons....I think he will get hurt again....I know keeping both Davis and Russell would be putting faith into two unproven youngs RBs....But Russell was a productive college RB and has had a good pre-season...I have been impressed with Davis to and the fact he can FB to is huge in my mind....By keeping Parker,Dookie,Russell,Davis and Kreider thats still only 5 RBs.....I think they could get away with that....

Other players that need to go........I would love to say Max Starks but whats sad there is nobody to take his spot...lol I think Willie Colon should start at RT....But Starks still would be the best option for a backup OT....Not unless Jason Capizzi starts showing he is the second coming of Orlando Pace...lol

tony hipchest
08-17-2007, 12:26 AM
:wtf:.....:huh:....:uhh:

i would cut....

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

... the cheese! not ben!

Steel Pit
08-17-2007, 12:40 AM
Ok......First we need to cut that Big Ben guy...He just sucks...lol Then lets ax that Troy Polamalu person....totally worthless........Then lets wave bye bye to Santonio Holmes, Aaron Smith and Casey Hampton........We would be such a better team without them also.....

Ok for real.......Who needs to be cut......I would like to see Barlow cut right now....He just sucks...I thought it was worth a look to just bring him in...I didn't expect much but I thought at least he could fit into the RB rotation....But he has looked terrible and lets say bye to him now....I think Verron Haynes should be gone as well....Don't get me wrong Haynes is a solid player that does some of the small things really well...But he has had 3 season ending injuries in 5 seasons....I think he will get hurt again....I know keeping both Davis and Russell would be putting faith into two unproven youngs RBs....But Russell was a productive college RB and has had a good pre-season...I have been impressed with Davis to and the fact he can FB to is huge in my mind....By keeping Parker,Dookie,Russell,Davis and Kreider thats still only 5 RBs.....I think they could get away with that....

Other players that need to go........I would love to say Max Starks but whats sad there is nobody to take his spot...lol I think Willie Colon should start at RT....But Starks still would be the best option for a backup OT....Not unless Jason Capizzi starts showing he is the second coming of Orlando Pace...lol

This post pretty much says it all for me.:coffee:

Galax Steeler
08-17-2007, 03:43 AM
I would say randell st.pierre and barrlow.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Who needs cut?

Kevin Barlow- The guy is a bum, plus he has a bad attitude. Get rid of him, he isn't worth the problems he will create.

Brian St. Pierre- I would be more comfortable with Hines Ward filling in at QB in an emergency. And this time around, it's a new playbook which he doesn't completly grasp, so we don't have to worry about him selling the "secrets" to anyone this time.

Ricardo Coclough- This guy will never amount to anything. He can't cover a WR and he can't field a kickoff or a punt. Just cut him, he isn't even ST material. I'd rather have Gay, he'll knock the snot out of someone when given the chance.

Steely McBeam- WE DON'T NEED NO FREAKING MASCOT!

On the bubble:

Verron Haynes- Has he even practiced, or is he still recovering from his knee injury? The guy is just to injury prone. However, if he is the best option for 3rd Down RB because his blocking will keep Ben off of his back, I see is keeping him.

Cedric Wilson- I thought he was gone after his whine session to the media, but then he backed it up against the Saints. I want to see him back it up against a real secondary like Baltimore though, in a regular season game. If he doesn't, he may be cut during the season, especially if he starts another b!tch fest.

fansince'76
08-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Brian St. Pierre- I would be more comfortable with Hines Ward filling in at QB in an emergency. And this time around, it's a new playbook which he doesn't completly grasp, so we don't have to worry about him selling the "secrets" to anyone this time.

To my knowledge, Kinko's is still in business. :chuckle:

millwalldavey
08-17-2007, 09:38 AM
They say they can keep 5 RB's... Parker, Davenport, Kreider, Russell and Davis/HAynes... any other RB's will be gone.

I think Nate Washington needs to watch his back after two pretty lackluster preseason games...

Colclough... after that Bengals game I thought we saw the last of him... problem is the corners are not plentiful or good. I still think Gay is gonna be a draft day steal.

Randall will be gone.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-17-2007, 09:40 AM
To my knowledge, Kinko's is still in business. :chuckle:

LOL, he'd be shot dead.

TheWarDen86
08-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Hines Ward, that Bum....Juuuuuuust Kiddin'.

I have no names but one LB stuck out to me as a non-hacker during the first pre-season game. I think we should stay young in the offensive backfield (i.e, Russell or Davis over Barlow). Was it Gay that was all over the place last week? He's raw but he seems more motivated than some of the others. Again, I don't have the roster in front of me right now so I'll leave it at that for now.

zoneblitz43
08-18-2007, 09:04 AM
I would get rid of Barlow and Coke. Gary Russell and William Gay are upgrades.

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-18-2007, 09:41 AM
On this initial cut..there will be a lot of non-names ....but we might see Barr...Barlow...and McBean on the list.

Atlanta Dan
08-18-2007, 09:49 AM
In terms of young vets on the chopping block, Trai Essex is playing for a roster spot the next two weeks; what is scary is that if Essex does not show some skills as a backup LT, the logical backup if Marvel Smith gets hurt is shifting Faneca to LT since Starks clearly does not have the quicks to play LT (or for that matter RT, but that is another depressing topic for another thread)

The Duke
08-18-2007, 10:26 AM
On this initial cut..there will be a lot of non-names ....but we might see Barr...Barlow...and McBean on the list.

Oh, I forgot about Mike Barr. Yeah, I would cut him, that kid's good, he could be a punter on many teams

The Duke
08-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Maybe NE is eyeing him after cutting Miller. Does Barr have access to the playbook? :wink02:

lol. That's Josh Miller right, the one that played for us before Chris"no punts blocked"Gardocki. I didn't know he got cut

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-18-2007, 11:08 AM
lol. That's Josh Miller right, the one that played for us before Chris"no punts blocked"Gardocki. I didn't know he got cut

Gardocki never had a punt blocked?....huh....you would think someone would have mentioned that.:wink02:

Mosca
08-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Gardocki never had a punt blocked?....huh....you would think someone would have mentioned that.:wink02:

I never heard this. Is there a book or something I could check?

Elvis
08-18-2007, 05:04 PM
I would get rid of Barlow and Coke. Gary Russell and William Gay are upgrades.
I agree... good point. I think that Gary Russel has looked pretty darn good, but I also think that maybe Davis might be a better fit for us at RB.
:tt02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Barlow

Atlanta Dan
08-18-2007, 09:00 PM
Interesting nugget from Ed.B. of the P-G

Could Max Starks lose not only his starting job but his roster spot as well? I don't think so, but there's a chance Starks won't dress for games if it's determined that Trai Essex can handle the backup role at left tackle.

Essex also has practiced at guard. So, gamedays could look like this: Marvel Smith, Alan Faneca, Sean Mahan, Kendall Simmons, Willie Colon as the starters. The two backups: Essex (covering tackle and guard) and Chukky Okobi (covering center) or Chris Kemoeatu (covering guard with Simmons moving to center if something happened to Mahan).

In fact, it looks right now as if Starks either will keep his job at right tackle or not dress for games.

http://www.postgazette.com/steelers/blogngold/

Did Essex start at LT and, if so, how did he look?

Aussie_steeler
08-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Barlow is gone. He can thank Russell and Haynes for that.

Preacher
08-18-2007, 10:30 PM
Essex may be gone as well... he just didn't do well tonight.

fansince'76
08-18-2007, 10:38 PM
Coke may have saved himself for another week with the fumble recovery.

The Duke
08-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Coke may have saved himself for another week with the fumble recovery.

As long as he doesn't fumbles himself :wink02:

tony hipchest
08-18-2007, 10:50 PM
Interesting nugget from Ed.B. of the P-G

Could Max Starks lose not only his starting job but his roster spot as well? I don't think so, but there's a chance Starks won't dress for games if it's determined that Trai Essex can handle the backup role at left tackle.

Essex also has practiced at guard. So, gamedays could look like this: Marvel Smith, Alan Faneca, Sean Mahan, Kendall Simmons, Willie Colon as the starters. The two backups: Essex (covering tackle and guard) and Chukky Okobi (covering center) or Chris Kemoeatu (covering guard with Simmons moving to center if something happened to Mahan).

In fact, it looks right now as if Starks either will keep his job at right tackle or not dress for games.

http://www.postgazette.com/steelers/blogngold/

Did Essex start at LT and, if so, how did he look?he started and it was a train wreck. were it not for v. haynes being in there to pick up his slack ben/batch might have looked like bart scott hit him on 2 different occasions.

im really wanting to figure a way to keep 5 rb's and d. kreider. if it meant essex getting the boot i probably wouldnt complain. im thinking if iwouma gets cut if essex dont..

figg
08-18-2007, 11:12 PM
Haynes,Kuhn,Barlow,Madison,Chidi,Nua,Young,Essex,O kobi, to name a few.

tony hipchest
08-18-2007, 11:24 PM
Haynes,Kuhn,Barlow,Madison,Chidi,Nua,Young,Essex,O kobi, to name a few.after tonight, im really thinking we gotta keep haynes for bens sake, and kreider for willie's sake. the others can probably be replaced, however okolbi is adequate depth if mahan ever needs to be shifted to guard (or faneca needs to be shifted to left tackle)

fansince'76
08-18-2007, 11:26 PM
....or faneca needs to be shifted to left tackle

No way am I gonna make the shift to LT, the Rooneys are paying me slave wages and I'm just not gonna do it. Waahhh. :crying01:

figg
08-18-2007, 11:42 PM
after tonight, im really thinking we gotta keep haynes for bens sake, and kreider for willie's sake. the others can probably be replaced, however okolbi is adequate depth if mahan ever needs to be shifted to guard (or faneca needs to be shifted to left tackle)

Okobi might go for cap reasons. Marvin Philip hasnt looked bad.

Preacher
08-18-2007, 11:49 PM
I say... Cut Ben. We can pay someone else a lot less money to hand the ball off to a running back.

And for that matter, Cut small Willie Parker. He isn't big enough to be the next Bus!

:rolleyes:

clevestinks
08-19-2007, 07:44 AM
Why did Barlow make it this far?

Atlanta Dan
08-19-2007, 08:00 AM
No way am I gonna make the shift to LT, the Rooneys are paying me slave wages and I'm just not gonna do it. Waahhh. :crying01:

Faneca will not be happy about it, but in his defense he (grudgingly) said he would make the switch if necessary

After thinking a little more yesterday about the possibility of playing tackle, Faneca said he likely would do it for one reason.

"You know what, when it comes time to do it, I'm out there playing for the guys who are out there with me. Whatever it takes to get the job done for them is ultimately probably what it would come down to."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07226/809278-66.stm

7/39/43
08-19-2007, 10:15 AM
i would still cut
barlow
coke
haynes
washington.
Maybe not deshea now he did good but he still gets caught alot for interference
Mc Fadden better wake up
Gay is doing great what a good draft choice
What happen to the big TE Speath ain't seen much of him

NV STEELERS 723
08-19-2007, 08:15 PM
:bs::bs::bs::bs:Cut Ben and sign Michael Vick........