PDA

View Full Version : Patriots sign Warren to five-year extension

tony hipchest
08-16-2007, 10:35 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8018c4d0&template=without-video&confirm=true

The Patriots signed standout defensive end Ty Warren to a five-year extension on Thursday worth over $36 million, including $17.5 million in guaranteed money.

Warren, the 13th overall pick in the 2003 NFL Draft, had two years remaining on his exisiting contract.
so they spend an extra $10 mil now but save an extra $20 mil down the road. this is a sound move on their part and i hope the steelers front office takes notice here in the near future.

this effectively puts a nail in the coffin of a. samuels patriot career beyond 07, however he wasnt much more than a product of the top 15 dl picks playing in front of him. being that 'chick called v. wilfolk the best NT he ever coached today, i expect the pats to extend him next year as they let all their 1 year wr's walk, and plug in retreads and draft picks into the cb spot.

Livinginthe past
08-17-2007, 12:59 AM
I was pumped when I read this news - it helps keep a very talented and productive (and young) D-line intact, even guy no.4 (Jarvis Green) was signed a long term deal not long ago.

Warren has truly rivalled Seymour the last couple of years - he may well be the best run stopping force on our team.

Belichick is very sparing with his praise so Wilfork must be something special.

It has been proven that we can plug guys into the DB corps and have them be successful (due to the quality of the front 7 as TH says).

The last few months i've resigned myself to the hope that Asante will have the common sense to sign the franchise tender before the start of the regular season, win a ring then sign elsewhere for '08.

Brandon Merriweather has been seeing plenty of reps at CB just in case he decides to cut off his nose to spite his (money grabbing) face.

ps Tony, I love the new avatar - its just grate.

SteelFist
08-17-2007, 08:22 AM
I was pumped when I read this news - it helps keep a very talented and productive (and young) D-line intact, even guy no.4 (Jarvis Green) was signed a long term deal not long ago.

Warren has truly rivalled Seymour the last couple of years - he may well be the best run stopping force on our team.

Belichick is very sparing with his praise so Wilfork must be something special.

It has been proven that we can plug guys into the DB corps and have them be successful (due to the quality of the front 7 as TH says).

The last few months i've resigned myself to the hope that Asante will have the common sense to sign the franchise tender before the start of the regular season, win a ring then sign elsewhere for '08.

Brandon Merriweather has been seeing plenty of reps at CB just in case he decides to cut off his nose to spite his (money grabbing) face.

ps Tony, I love the new avatar - its just grate.

So are you a 9er fan or Patriot fan? :confused:

Livinginthe past
08-17-2007, 09:02 AM
So are you a 9er fan or Patriot fan? :confused:

Ah. Its just a little joke - im a Patriots fan (die-hard, of course!) but im auditioning teams for the role of 'second favorite team'.

Just seeing which logo catches my eye :wink02:

SteelFist
08-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Ah. Its just a little joke - im a Patriots fan (die-hard, of course!) but im auditioning teams for the role of 'second favorite team'.

Just seeing which logo catches my eye :wink02:

Ok. I see you're guaranteeing I ring for Samuel :mad:.......That has yet to be determined...:tt02:

A couple of my colleagues from MA are trying to convince me to make the Pats my 2nd team.....:sofunny:......but no can do.

fansince'76
08-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Ok. I see you're guaranteeing I ring for Samuel :mad:.......That has yet to be determined...:tt02:

I was wondering how long it was gonna take for someone to say something. :chuckle:

Livinginthe past
08-17-2007, 12:51 PM

A couple of my colleagues from MA are trying to convince me to make the Pats my 2nd team.....:sofunny:......but no can do.

Heh heh. Yeah, its guaranteed.

Absolutely.

I don't think a Steeler fan will be ever able to have the Patriots as their second team.

The same way a Raider fan can't.