PDA

View Full Version : What jersey

mmotily
08-17-2007, 09:50 AM
I just bought a Farrior jersey, and i love it. I got worried when a couple of my friends said that he might not be around a while. I think his contract will go through 2009, so is it a good jersey to keep? I can still take it back. I only and concerned because i am a college kid who doesn't have money to burn - i want a good jersey who will be around a while and everyone else doesn't have.

83-Steelers-43
08-17-2007, 09:59 AM
If I were you, I would have gone with a different player (Hampton and Polamalu is who I have). Farrior is up there in age and we are bringing in new blood at the LB spot. I figured if I was going to spend $250.00 on each jersey, it better be for guys who I like and who will also be around for years to come.

But if you like the guy and he's one of your favorite players, keep it. How well he looks this season and during next season's TC will determine how long he stays here.

7/39/43
08-17-2007, 10:12 AM
Parker and Polamalu is what I have now

PisnNapalm
08-17-2007, 10:26 AM
I have a Roethlisberger jersey and a Lambert jersey.

I got burned twice on jerseys. First jersey was a Rod Woodson. He got hurt the next season and then left the team the next year. Then I bought a Kordel Stewart Jersey. ehhh....

7/39/43
08-17-2007, 10:46 AM
I had a Plexiglass one but I burned it was a gift and he was a bum

RoethlisBURGHer
08-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Right now I have Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu.

I think Farrior is one helluva linebacker, and I want to get a Farrior jersey even though he's probally near retirment. He's helped keep the Steelers linebacker lineage alive, and has been one of the better ILB's we've had since going to the 3-4. So if I were you, I would keep it.

Pittsburghfan
08-17-2007, 11:27 AM
I have Parker and Polamalu. Looking for Hampton.
I would love a Farrioir jersey

Da Steeler Soprano
08-17-2007, 12:40 PM
$250.00 a jersey??!! No way you people are out of your mind if your still paying that much. Go on ebay and you can get a authentic jersey for no more then 60. There are some fake ones so be careful when you bid. I think I got about roughly 15 different jerseys...um 4 Bens a Parker, Ward, Bettis, 2 Polamallu's and a bunch of older players I dont mention. But yeah go on ebay and get a awesome jersey for cheap.

The Duke
08-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Buy an Anthony Smith jersey and a Troy jersey, then wear them at the same time. That's what I'm going to do

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-17-2007, 03:15 PM
How 'bout getting a Max Starks jersey. I never see anyone wearing one of those.:sofunny:

The Duke
08-17-2007, 03:20 PM
How 'bout getting a Max Starks jersey. I never see anyone wearing one of those.:sofunny:

I wonder why :coffee:

onthebus36
08-17-2007, 03:47 PM
To me, there are jerseys you can wear long after the player is gone and jerseys you can't.

Farrior is definitely a great player and class guy and that's a jersey I would wear long after he has left the Steelers or has retired.

In my opinion, that's a jersey that is always going to be cool. Bettis is another jersey that will ALWAYS be a cool one to have.

Duce Staley, Tommy Maddox, and Slash... not so much.

83-Steelers-43
08-17-2007, 04:03 PM
There are some fake ones so be careful when you bid

That's why I avoid buying jersey's online. I really don't care. I'll go to one of the many Steeler stores and pay the money. Not really a big deal. I just make sure I get the guy I like and the one who will be around.

Indy_Steelers
08-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I just get custom jerseys and put my name on it or for the throwbacks I am going to get John Henry Johnson & Ernie Stauntner. Both HOFers