View Full Version : Kicks And Picks Rally Steelers To Road Win

SteelersFever
08-19-2007, 04:29 AM
Title: Kicks And Picks Rally Steelers To Road Win
Source: Steelers Fever
Date: 8/19/07
Author: Eddie Griffin

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0744.html

Summary: Preseason breeds some unlikely heroes. Two stepped up to give the Steelers their second win of the preseason tonight, a 12-10 win over the Redskins at FedEx Field. Backup kicker Connor Hughes kicked three fourth-quarter field goals, including the winner with less than two minutes left, and rookie cornerback William Gay thwarted a Redskins comeback attempt with an interception in the waning moments.

Moonlite37
08-19-2007, 06:58 AM
Some of those players played like it was the last minutes of a playoff game. Its in the trenches that great steel is forged. This is where our champions will rise from.

Galax Steeler
08-19-2007, 07:47 AM
How long has conners been in the nfl he looks pretty good kicking field goals.

clevestinks
08-19-2007, 08:40 AM
We need to play alot better though! OL needs to gel, NOW

stillers4me
08-19-2007, 09:01 AM
Last minute of playoffs......or auditioning for jobs! Perhaps we are are witnessing the birth of Jeff Reeds replacement?

HometownGal
08-19-2007, 09:34 AM
We need to play alot better though! OL needs to gel, NOW

Yes - we do. A couple of times, Ben was running for his life back there - not a good look. Hopefully, the coaches will get the OL problems rectified before the start of the season. The Steelers also need to get their groove on in the red zone - can't depend on FGs to win many games in the regular season. I'm sure Tomlin will address these issues this week, make the necessary adjustments on that OL (hopefully) and have them ready to do battle against Filthadelphia.

The Duke
08-19-2007, 12:46 PM

I want to see what CB spot Gay gets, he could be #4, but maybe he could even challenge for #3. Ok #3 would be too much for now, but we really got ourselves a great guy in the 5th round

Preacher
08-20-2007, 02:30 AM
I want to see what CB spot Gay gets, he could be #4, but maybe he could even challenge for #3. Ok #3 would be too much for now, but we really got ourselves a great guy in the 5th round

Yes and no. We have a good guy. However, he will barely challenge for four right now in REGULAR season. Remember, everything he has done, he has done against 3rd and 4th stringers. That isn't a knock... just the truth.

I think he will be very good in the future. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.