PDA

View Full Version : Let the Manning arse sucking begin

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Jaworski can't even wait until the regular season for us to hear the sucking sound. I hate him as much as Theisman.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070819/SPORTS03/708190410

Jaworski sees big year for Manning
By Mike Chappell

TERRE HAUTE, Ind. -- Finally winning "the big one'' will change Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning, according to ESPN broadcast analyst Ron Jaworski.

"I'm convinced the weight of the world is off his shoulders,'' said Jaworski, who visited camp Saturday in preparation for Monday night's telecast of the Bears-Colts preseason game. "Now he can take a deep breath and exhale. I think he can play looser now.''
Despite being a two-time NFL MVP and being voted to seven Pro Bowls, Manning often was criticized for not taking the Colts to the Super Bowl. He finally accomplished that in February, and was named MVP in the Colts' 29-17 victory over the Bears.
"Now Peyton doesn't have to prove to the world that 'I can win it,' '' Jaworski said. "He finally dispelled that myth. He's got that big rock on his finger and he can just play loose and free. He has to be absolutely thrilled.
"I believe he is the best quarterback in the game and when he's done he'll be recognized as the best quarterback ever to play the game.''

RoethlisBURGHer
08-19-2007, 11:55 PM
I can deal with Peyton getting his balls sucked on by the media. He probally is the best QB in the game right now.

However, when Elisha is getting sucked off by the media, I want to puke. All he has done is lose big games. He's got shit for brains, I think Archie dropped him on his head as a child.

Livinginthe past
08-20-2007, 08:31 AM
It seems fair enough - to imagine that finally winning a ring will take alot of the pressure off his shoulders.

I imagine he will put up some great numbers in the regular season, as usual, maybe even more so this year as their D is looking about as weak as it ever has.

Despite being MVP of the Superbowl he only really had one good game in the postseason (that, unfortunately, came against the Patriots) and ended up with the type of stat line (over the course of the playoffs) that would make you think 'Dilfer' and not 'Montana'

Atlanta Dan
08-20-2007, 09:07 AM
Manning is in a 2 man race for best QB in the league, but with regard to the team he is on I get the feeling the Colts may be following the 2006 Steelers pattern of being the dog that finally caught the Super Bowl car it had been chasing and will go downhill from there.

As was the case with the 2005 Steelers, the 2006 Colts were not the best edition of that team as it had been assembled. While Dungy will have the 2007 Colts more focused than Cowher's 2006 Steelers, the combination of scheduled and unscheduled departures are going to result in a decline. The Colts look like a one shot winner to me as their SB win was an end rather than a beginning of success for that group of players.

rbryan
08-20-2007, 09:28 AM
I can deal with Peyton getting his balls sucked on by the media. He probally is the best QB in the game right now.

However, when Elisha is getting sucked off by the media, I want to puke. All he has done is lose big games. He's got shit for brains, I think Archie dropped him on his head as a child.

You've got me rolling on the floor this morning. lol

I'm as sick of hearing about the Manning boys as the next guy, but that new commercial with both of them where Archie is in the back yard with Matt Lienart is also pretty damn funny. I think its a Direct TV spot.

83-Steelers-43
08-20-2007, 10:24 AM

I'm with you. Peyton Manning is the best QB in the NFL in my opinion. When you are the best (or one of), you get attention. I'm sure if the guy was wearing a Steeler jersey not many would have a problem with the attention Manning receives.

When it comes to Eli, that's where I draw the line. Show me something first, then get the attention. You earn it, he hasn't earned a damned thing. At the same time, I can't blame Eli. It's not his fault the likes of ESPN and SI enjoy praising overrated, underachieving athletes or athletes who have yet to make a name for themselves.

Praise Peyton, he's earned it.

Black@Gold Forever32
08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Best QB in the NFL? Please.....I'll take a guy with multi Super Bowls like Brady who had nowhere the offensive talent around him that Golden Boy Manning has enjoyed.......I hate Brady to but he is the best in my opinion...Manning is 2nd.......

Big Ben is nowhere the QB Peyton is....But i still find it funny that Ben played much better in his teams run to the Super Bowl the Peyton did last year....lol

I wouldn't want Peyton on the Steelers.....He would have to throw in the elements in Pittsburgh.....He wouldn't have his comfortable RCA Dome for 8 games.....I'll never forget when the Colts whined like little school girls before the 2003 AFC title game since they had to play outside in the elements in New England.....

83-Steelers-43
08-20-2007, 10:46 AM
There's a shocker.... :sofunny:

Black@Gold Forever32
08-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Don't get me wrong Peyton Manning is a great QB.........I think he is a first ballot Hall of Famer...I just think he isn't the best QB in the NFL right now or even the best QB of alltime...Ask most Colts fans around here and they think Peyton is the best of alltime...I'll take Johnny Unitas....

Plus Manning has had all-pro talent around him his whole career on offense...Plus when he throws an INT its never his fault according to Colts fans...Either Harrison, Wayne or an other WR ran the wrong route...lol Plus he plays in a Dome...I know thats not Peytons fault...But I hate domes..lol Football should be played in the elements....

If anybody is sick of Peyton and the love fest he gets...Try living in Indiana....Yes Steelers are just as bad with Big Ben....But for real in Indiana.......Peyton is up there with Jesus Christ....lol They think Peyton walks on water..lol

TackleMeBen
08-20-2007, 12:35 PM
as i was telling a friend of mine, of the four qbs that came out of the 2004 draft i think rivers and losman will win a superbowl before eli.. and you see how tiki threw eli under the bus and backed it up on him during the halftime show of the ravens/giants game.

Atlanta Dan
08-20-2007, 12:52 PM
as i was telling a friend of mine, of the four qbs that came out of the 2004 draft i think rivers and losman will win a superbowl before eli..

Eli will not win a SB before you or me either.

rbryan
08-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Losman is real stretch also, unless he gets traded. Buffalo might not be competative till 2066

OneForTheToe
08-20-2007, 01:44 PM
Losman is real stretch also, unless he gets traded. Buffalo might not be competative till 2066

Is that the year that Ralph (Wiggum) Wilson fires Marv levy as GM and rehires him to coach?

steelpinstripe72
08-20-2007, 02:27 PM
and you see how tiki threw eli under the bus and backed it up on him during the halftime show of the ravens/giants game.

That was awesome. And the best part - my bro is a Giants fan. :toofunny:

Livinginthe past
08-20-2007, 03:21 PM
I remember reading somewhere that Eli was ahead of Peyton in most statistical respects after 2 years of their respective careers.

Eli simply gets alot of abuse because of the draft day fiasco he allowed his father to engineer a few years back and having the full force of the rabid New York media on his case 24/7.

Through his 3 years in the NFL his completion rate has improved every year.

But its also fair to say that the 3rd year is when most teams expect the 'quantum leap' in a QB's play - and last year we definitely didn't see that.

rbryan
08-20-2007, 03:34 PM
Eli will always be looked upon as less than his brother unless he goes on to win a bunch of SB's. He obviously has talent or he wouldn't be where he's at.

I think its as much about his demeanor as anything. He always has this look on his face like he's either confused, disgusted, or disinterested in whats going on around him.

He's everyones dorky little brother

HometownGal
08-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Eli will always be looked upon as less than his brother unless he goes on to win a bunch of SB's. He obviously has talent or he wouldn't be where he's at.

I think its as much about his demeanor as anything. He always has this look on his face like he's either confused, disgusted, or disinterested in whats going on around him.

He's everyones dorky little brother

Yes, he does have some talent, but I think it's safe to say that Baby Eli simply isn't and will never be on the same level as his brother. He's simply not as athletic, as bright or as talented as Peytoon. When I've watched Eli on the tube, he always has that "deer in the headlights" look, like he's afraid of his own shadow. You can bet your life that he is wishing he hadn't stomped his little feet and went crying to Daddy on draft day - there's a helluva lot more talent in San Diego than he presently has to work with as a Giant.

rbryan
08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
Funny thing is that the trade the Chargers made with NY was the catalyst for the turnaround there. It really is night and day now. Although I never looked at the Giants as being that much better than SD back then. It was all about the hype of Eli going to the big city that made him do what he did.

TackleMeBen
08-20-2007, 04:25 PM
That was awesome. And the best part - my bro is a Giants fan. :toofunny:
i liked what tiki said about how eli could throw for yardage but dont have leadership skills, where as with ben you have leadership skills but probably wont get tons of yardage with him.. it sort of sounded li ke tiki would have rather had the giants drafted ben over eli. :sofunny:

revefsreleets
08-20-2007, 04:55 PM
Manning is in a 2 man race for best QB in the league, but with regard to the team he is on I get the feeling the Colts may be following the 2006 Steelers pattern of being the dog that finally caught the Super Bowl car it had been chasing and will go downhill from there.

As was the case with the 2005 Steelers, the 2006 Colts were not the best edition of that team as it had been assembled. While Dungy will have the 2007 Colts more focused than Cowher's 2006 Steelers, the combination of scheduled and unscheduled departures are going to result in a decline. The Colts look like a one shot winner to me as their SB win was an end rather than a beginning of success for that group of players.

I agree completely. The Colts have lost a good deal of talent over the last couple of years, and it takes a toll.

Indy_Steelers
08-21-2007, 11:51 AM
With Tiki gone we will really get to see what Eli has. That team was Tiki's.
By the way Archie Manning never played on a winning team in the NFL.

The Duke
08-21-2007, 04:07 PM
With Tiki gone we will really get to see what Eli has. That team was Tiki's.
I agree, last year the giants were 8-8, this year it'll all be on Manning's questionable decisions. They won't even smell the playoffs imo