PDA

View Full Version : New ESPN Pre-Game Crew - Yikes

Atlanta Dan
08-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Keyshawn Johnson and Emmitt Smith (who can barely talk) :jawdrop:

I am watching tonight for Vick news (no reference on the set to Emmitt's previous ignorant defense of Vick) but further compelling evidence not to turn on the TV until kickoff

Big D
08-20-2007, 07:27 PM
Keyshawn Johnson and Emmitt Smith (who can barely talk) :jawdrop:

I am watching tonight for Vick news (no reference on the set to Emmitt's previous ignorant defense of Vick) but further compelling evidence not to turn on the TV until kickoff

dont look for smith to say he was wrong. at least parcells and keyshawn will make interesting

revefsreleets
08-20-2007, 07:35 PM
I'm glad Tuna is there. And Tom Jackson. That means we have two guys who know what they are actually talking about.

Atlanta Dan
08-20-2007, 07:36 PM
dont look for smith to say he was wrong. at least parcells and keyshawn will make interesting

In discussing "lifestyle" problems for NFL players Parcells gets off the line of the year

"I had a player in Dallas named Keith Davis. Unfortunately, Keith was wounded a few times.":sofunny:

tony hipchest
08-20-2007, 07:41 PM
you gotta understand what your responsibility are...is.

-e. smith

ahhhh the legend of mushmouth lives on. i hope this trainwreck doesnt last long. i hope somebody has told him it's a "blessing in disguise" and not a "blessing in da sky". hes wrecked more phrases and cliches than anyone EVER. seriously, if i hear one more it will be the final straw that broke the camels neck.

tony hipchest
08-20-2007, 08:01 PM
pssst. hey emmitt. the name is Trent D-I-L-F-E-R, not Trent Differ. the guys with the teleprompter must be playing jokes and dying with laughter behind the scenes.

maybe not. i can see over/under bets on how many times he screws up being pretty fun for these pregame shows. i cant wait for the regular season.

fansince'76
08-20-2007, 08:33 PM
Early return on Da Bears: Grossman still sucks.

Atlanta Dan
08-20-2007, 08:44 PM
Early return on Da Bears: Grossman still sucks.

They remind me of the mid-90s Steelers - lots of talent elsewhere but never going to get it done with the current QB.

tony hipchest
08-20-2007, 09:15 PM
Early return on Da Bears: Grossman still sucks.the bears special teams are one of my favorite non steeler units to watch in the nfl.

besides hester, vasher, and d. manning are threats to take it to the house on any return.

about 5 minutes into the 2nd quarter they had 2 huge returns and a ST forced fumble on the kick off tackle.

i hope tomlin stole a page from lovie smith when it comes to building (and coaching) a ST unit.

vasteeler
08-21-2007, 11:42 AM
i for one miss mike ervin i thaught he was insightful and down right funny. e. smith has to go he is awful:dang:

boLT fan
08-21-2007, 02:34 PM
I don't see why everyone is so against Keyshawn. He's done a good job since he's been there. Smith on the other hand is just painful to watch.

revefsreleets
08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
Meshawn was way out of his depth last year during the playoffs. Much of his analysis was so bad that his co-hosts were pretty much openly mocking him. My favorite moment was watching him gush over his obvious replacement during the draft, talking about how he was going to teach Dwayne Jarret. I think he was the only guy in the country surprised when the Panthers released him.

tony hipchest
09-30-2007, 11:47 AM
and for todays weekly mixing of 2 cliche's/phrases into one, courtesy of emmitt smith:

"culpepper is coming in today with a vengance on his mind"

suggestion for emmitt. chose 1, and ONLY 1-

A) ...coming in with a vengance
B) ...coming in with vengance on his mind

silver & black
09-30-2007, 12:01 PM
and for todays weekly mixing of 2 cliche's/phrases into one, courtesy of emmitt smith:

"culpepper is coming in today with a vengance on his mind"

suggestion for emmitt. chose 1, and ONLY 1-

A) ...coming in with a vengance
B) ...coming in with vengance on his mind

Lol. Either way, I hope he's right. :sofunny: