PDA

View Full Version : For Pittsburgh's Tomlin, it's all about the details

The Duke
08-21-2007, 04:30 PM
Long USA Today article....so i'll just leave you the link.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/steelers/2007-08-20-tomlin-focus_N.htm :cheers:

SteelersMongol
08-21-2007, 09:54 PM
... "The man (Tomlin) in black," cornerback Deshea Townsend says. "He's a cool cat."

Townsend says Tomlin has the charisma of an actor ? "A Denzel Washington type."

"An actor? Yeah ? I think so," tight end Heath Miller says. "That's actually pretty good. ? I think he'd do well."

Tomlin laughs when he hears this. He considers himself "nerdy" because he loves crossword puzzles.

But in Pittsburgh, he has achieved celebrity status. When movie star Will Smith accompanied Tomlin to dinner at a local restaurant, fans mobbed their table ? to meet Tomlin. According to Hammons, Smith told Tomlin it was the first time in 20 years he had eaten in a restaurant and hadn't been asked for his autograph.

"The irony is, Mike had been to the restaurant once before but couldn't enjoy it because fans kept interrupting him," Hammons says. "He figured if he took Will Smith, he'd have a peaceful meal."

Nice. I love that name "The man in black." And he's Denzel like and he's friends with Big Will. Wow. Personality description can't get better than this. :thumbsup:

delhess
08-21-2007, 11:51 PM
"i dub thee mike 'the man in black' tomlin":cheers:

Counselor
08-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Nice article---many stupid comments afterward on the USA Today page.

I have no doubt that Tomlin will succeed---I'm just pleased we hired him before someone else could.

HometownGal
08-22-2007, 10:52 AM
And every single day, I knew what I was getting with Mike Tomlin: someone who is smart, tough and consistent."

This, to me, is the foundation of the article. Consistency - which is what this team lacked a lot of last season. The Tomlinator is most definitely a diamond in the rough, but he's OUR diamond! :tt02:

Elvis
08-22-2007, 12:26 PM
Good article.. I really think that Tomlin will also succeed here in Pittsburgh, and I would mind getting atleast 4 wins in the '07 Play-offs..
:tt02:

memphissteelergirl
08-22-2007, 12:33 PM
This, to me, is the foundation of the article. Consistency - which is what this team lacked a lot of last season. The Tomlinator is most definitely a diamond in the rough, but he's OUR diamond! :tt02:

:iagree:
Well said!

GutterflowerSteel
08-22-2007, 01:02 PM
He's got a style of his own, and seems like a class act. Everything I read or hear about Coach T just gets me more PSYCHED for the season to begin. I think he'll be here for many years to come :tt02:

delhess
08-22-2007, 11:00 PM
that was a good article. and i feel excited about coach t also. the man in black is an exciting guy, and i have a feeling he will deliver.