PDA

View Full Version : With all the off the field distractions...... (Steelers related)

FastWillieParker39
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
I'm just glad that we don't have any. As we all know some of the off the field distractions such as Vick with the dogfighting, Vince Young getting suspended for a fight in practice, and all the Bengal arrests. There more I could list but I can't think of off the top of my head.

The Rooneys have so much class in this organization where they know the right and wrong guys. They know who the ones will come here and contribute and the ones that will create controversey. Sure we have that Faneca mess but that's not nearly as bad as some of the crap that is going on throughtout the NFL. We're dealing with that and it's really not that much of a distraction.

I'm glad that on this board and other Steeler boards that we are talking and worrying about the oline or talking or worrying about whether or not we'll make the playoffs. Instead of talking and worrying about something stupid a key player did and how it will affect this team.

So today as we look at all the crap that is going on, just sit back and appreciate that none of it is on the Steelers part! :tt02:

Stlrs4Life
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
True, we had enough last season though.

ChronoCross
08-21-2007, 08:39 PM
Young got 1 game suspended because he did not stay at the teams motel 6 designated for rookies during training camp and went home and spent the night.

tony hipchest
08-21-2007, 08:52 PM
everybody appreciates the steelers not acting like complete jagoffs in the public eye. as emmit smith would say, the rooney class is just "pudding on the cake". ultimately games and championships is won in 3 hours on sunday.

the "steelers class" has taken on mythical proportions. after all, we dont really know how many steelers were taking over/under bets on how many seconds it would take porters pit bulls to maul a miniature horse.

and even worse, some people think that the steelers players talk too much trash. :jawdrop:

SteelCityMan786
08-21-2007, 09:24 PM
everybody appreciates the steelers not acting like complete jagoffs in the public eye. as emmit smith would say, the rooney class is just "pudding on the cake". ultimately games and championships is won in 3 hours on sunday.

the "steelers class" has taken on mythical proportions. after all, we dont really know how many steelers were taking over/under bets on how many seconds it would take porters pit bulls to maul a miniature horse.

and even worse, some people think that the steelers players talk too much trash. :jawdrop:

you got that right! I don't like jerk offs filling a locker space on the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The only Steeler who actually talked that much trash, is now in Miami.

Preacher
08-21-2007, 10:00 PM
I prefer people to let their play speak for them.

But if they don't, I at least want them to back it up. Joey, for the most part, did.

OneForTheToe
08-22-2007, 12:12 PM
......as emmit smith would say, the rooney class is just "pudding on the cake"......

:toofunny:
Maybe he should stick to the samba

alittlejazzbird
08-22-2007, 12:43 PM
I prefer people to let their play speak for them.

But if they don't, I at least want them to back it up. Joey, for the most part, did.

Joey was a bigmouth who walked the talk, and although he irritated me with that motormouth of his, I loved how he played -- full out.

But I have to admit, just yesterday I was wondering about those dogs of his....all the Vick stuff made me recall that story.

The Steelers organization has been mostly successful at keeping the really bad elements off the team. They either have really good investigators on staff, or someone in personnel has a great instinct for character.

WisconsinSteelerMan
08-22-2007, 12:56 PM
I agree with this thread completely, and that is why I HATE to hear stuff like Okobi getting into it at practice. This is evidently a man who feels his job is on the line (which I feel it is) and getting amped up about it. Chukki...turn your aggression to the PLAYS YOU NEED TO MAKE and not to other players who are trying to do their job.

This is just not a typical Steeler's story...we don't get into fights with OUR OWN GUYS!!

Come on now!!!

Mike in La Crosse, WI

HometownGal
08-22-2007, 01:11 PM
Chukki...turn your aggression to the PLAYS YOU NEED TO MAKE and not to other players who are trying to do their job.

This was an isolated incident, as historically, Steelers players don't get into physical confrontations with their teammates as other teams do and have done in the past. Emotions are flying high right now for players who are competing for those very few roster spots.

I agree Wisconsin - these guys need to put 100% of their gusto towards proving themselves to the coaches by hard work and good play.