PDA

View Full Version : Ed.B. P-G Chat - O-Line Concerns

Atlanta Dan
08-21-2007, 05:57 PM
Ed.B. from the P-G is fairly level headed but he also appears to believe Tomlin may have screwed around too long with the mix & match with the O-line this preseason:

Some chat excerpts from today's P-G:

With regard to the offense in general and the O-line in particular:

Ed, who is going to be the starting center and right tackle? Has Starks fell of that much to be considered inactive on game day?

Ed Bouchette: Nothing official, but it looks like Mahan and Colon. They love Colon.

Do you think they waited too long to decide on a starting offensive line, or do they still have enough time to build some cohesion before the start of the season?

Ed Bouchette: They need to put the line together NOW.

Is it important for the 1st team offense to score a couple of times this Sunday or is it simply a preseason game?

Ed Bouchette: I don't know about scoring, but it's important they start looking like a competent first-team offense.

As for Kreider

Any chance they cut Kreider?

Ed Bouchette: Yes, there's a chance because they have downgraded the position of fullback. That would be one hard cut to make, though.

Do you think cutting Kreider would be a mistake?

Ed Bouchette: Yes, I do. Not only is he the best blocking fullback in the AFC, it sends a message about the Steelers offense that I don't think they want to send.

I agree that there is a concern with Arians at the helm we could be setting up for a repeat of the Tommy Gun/Mularkey "chuck & duck" offense of 2003. Letting Kreider go could send the message the power running game is an afterthought.

As for other cuts
Ed, who do you think the surprise cuts will be?

Ed Bouchette: If I knew, they would not be a surprise. We've talked about the chance that Kreider could be cut and that would rank as a big surprise. Trai Essex? Ricardo Colclough? I think it will come as a surprise if Kevan Barlow is cut, to Kevan Barlow, that is. :sofunny:

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/07233/811036-66.stm

jjpro11
08-21-2007, 07:32 PM
if they cut kreider i will be mighty mighty pissed. no way in hell should a pro bowl talent be cut without there being a salary cap issue or character problem... and neither of those are areas of concern with kreider. arians better not go over the top with changing this offense. thats all i have to say.