PDA

View Full Version : Okobi, Paxson mix it up

83-Steelers-43
08-22-2007, 03:06 AM
Steelers Okobi, Paxson mix it up at practice
By Scott Brown
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tempers flared Tuesday as center Chukky Okobi and defensive tackle Scott Paxson twice had to be separated during practice. Okobi, who is competing for a starting job, also got into a fight with defensive tackle Shaun Nua, which linebacker James Harrison broke up by grabbing Okobi. Steelers coach Mike Tomlin called his players together and told them to relax. Paxson said there were no hard feelings between any of the players that tussled and that everything was left on the field.

? Okobi and right tackle Max Starks worked with the second-team offense for the second consecutive day. However, the Steelers have not settled on starters at right tackle or center even though right tackle Willie Colon and center Sean Mahan have been running with the first team.

? Willie Parker is lucky it was only practice. A blitzing Lawrence Timmons charged into the backfield during an 11-on-11 drill and had a clear shot at the Steelers' Pro Bowl running back. Timmons banged into Parker but stopped short of tackling him.

"He's a big player for us," Timmons said.

So is the outside linebacker. Timmons, the Steelers' first-round pick in April, is working his way back from a recurring injury and appears to be running without any problem or discomfort.

"Everything's good," Timmons said.

? Defensive end Brett Keisel (groin) and tight end Jerame Tuman (back) didn't practice.

? Darnell Stapleton, a rookie guard/center, practiced for the first time since undergoing knee surgery a couple of weeks ago.

Digits

2.8 - Yards per carry running back Kevan Barlow is averaging.

Galax Steeler
08-22-2007, 03:53 AM
That is a scarry thought timmons charging into the backfield like that lucky for parker they was on the same team.
I think we have just about seen the last of barrlow 2.8 yards per carry is not going to make it.

rbryan
08-22-2007, 09:46 AM
Barlow could have been a nice story, coming home and all, but I think he lost a step from carrying all that baggage he brought with him from SF

OneForTheToe
08-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Defensive end Brett Keisel (groin)

Me not like that.

The Duke
08-22-2007, 02:41 PM
Seems like Timmons is alright now. Hey, I'm jumping on the Timmons bandwagon!!

yinzer-inseattle
08-22-2007, 03:26 PM
Seems like Timmons is alright now. Hey, I'm jumping on the Timmons bandwagon!!

It's crowded and getting more so every day.

Stlrs4Life
08-22-2007, 04:27 PM
Me not like that.

Me niether!

Dylan
08-24-2007, 08:14 PM
Okobi should watch out paxson is a very tough tough guy...

revefsreleets
08-25-2007, 04:19 PM
If this was the Bengals, they would have shoved each other once, then ran to their cars, retrieved their AK's, but paused to drink a few beers and freebase a little crack (so they would only hit each other by accident), then run back to the field and opened fire. That way, when the shooting victim died, Lewis could say it was only an accident and let the survivor continue to start.

delhess
08-25-2007, 04:23 PM
me think timmons was the pick of the draft for us!

SteelerTim
08-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Defensive end Brett Keisel (groin)

Me thinks he might be faking :sofunny: