PDA

View Full Version : Steelers' Ward, Holmes And Who Else?

SteelersFever
08-22-2007, 02:23 PM
Title: Steelers' Ward, Holmes And Who Else?
Source: Steelers Fever
Date: 8/22/07
Author: Paul Eide

Link: http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0745.html

Summary: If Bruce Arians offense is going to effectively take flight the Steelers need a receiver to step up and assert himself as the #3 wide out. The offense to this point has not been the aerial assault that many expected, instead adopting a more prudent, game management style approach to the passing game, averaging just 13.6 points per game through three preseason games.

rbryan
08-22-2007, 02:31 PM
HEATH!!!!! maybe if make a TE the third guy he'll get a few passes thrown his way.

steelpride12
08-22-2007, 02:48 PM
I like Nate W. alot and i wish he could step up this season and prove himself, and then there is wilson i have never really liked him.

clevestinks
08-22-2007, 02:53 PM
HEATH!!!!! maybe if make a TE the third guy he'll get a few passes thrown his way.

Three I dont know, but I agree that Heath needs to be the first rounder that we drafted him to be. If he gets three or four throws a game, defenses will have to account for him. If we do not use him this season, then we should turn him loose, to much $$$ for another blocking TE. He can catch , he can run, he can block, we must use him!

tony hipchest
08-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Summary: If Bruce Arians offense is going to effectively take flight the Steelers need a receiver to step up and assert himself as the #3 wide out. The offense to this point has not been the aerial assault that many expected, instead adopting a more prudent, game management style approach to the passing game, averaging just 13.6 points per game through three preseason games.the assault is already on and nate and cedric are more than capable of being #3's

as pat kirwan explains, the wr's should be the least of our problems:

http://www.nfl.com/preseason/story?id=09000d5d8019ca63&template=with-video&confirm=true

The Steelers are working hard to open up their passing attack and it is starting to look great. The deep vertical attack has already produced seven completions of more than 25 yards and two more short passes that have gone for 24 yards or more -- but at what price? The pass protection/QB decision-making and route running has also generated one sack every nine attempts. In the regular season, when an average of 27 pass plays are called per contest, it equates to three sacks per game. 9 sacks in 80 pass plays this pre-season can be attributed to the line shuffling and experimentation.

jjpro11
08-22-2007, 05:21 PM
miller has the second best hands on the team, behind only ward.. i wish to God we would give him the ball.. he's a truck after the catch as well.

HometownGal
08-22-2007, 07:27 PM
I'm all for giving either Cedric or Nate a shot at the #3 slot. I like keeping Heath as one of our best kept secrets - the element of surprise.

The Duke
08-22-2007, 07:36 PM
I like keeping Heath as one of our best kept secrets - the element of surprise.

Let's just hope they actually use him. Seriously, the guy can be a pro bowler and a game changer with a healthy Ben, he always seems to make a difference in the game

Steelersfan4life0655
08-22-2007, 07:52 PM
HEATH MILLER!!!!! USE THIS GUY

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-22-2007, 07:56 PM
Duke, I'm surprised you didnt say Anthony Smith??? But I guess he cant do everything right.:sofunny:

The Duke
08-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Duke, I'm surprised you didnt say Anthony Smith??? But I guess he cant do everything right.:sofunny:

Oh he can play reciever, trust me :tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Oh he can play reciever, trust me :tt02:

:dang: Stupid me. I should've guessed he could play wide out. Coach Tomlin must be saving him as a secret weapon like Devin Hester. Please forgive me for my ignorance it won't happen again.:flap:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
08-22-2007, 08:09 PM
it has been the talk all off season that the tight ends will be used more..........Why must this conversation keep going on.......Relax........Heath is going to be used this season

SteelFist
08-22-2007, 08:18 PM
I'm all for giving either Cedric or Nate a shot at the #3 slot. I like keeping Heath as one of our best kept secrets - the element of surprise.

It could why we haven't really passed to the TE's yet this preseason..:cheers:

Galax Steeler
08-23-2007, 04:37 AM
I would have to say nate but I would like to see walter young or maybe willlie reid.