PDA

View Full Version : Paranoia gone too far....

PisnNapalm
08-22-2007, 09:38 PM
:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=57276

A 13-year-old boy has been suspended for three days by an Arizona public school because he sketched a picture that resembled a gun, something school officials said they "absolutely" believed could pose a threat.

attached a pic of the drawing....

SteelCityMan786
08-22-2007, 09:41 PM
:huh: I'm not sure about the drawing having grounds for suspension. Maybe Detention.

Crushzilla
08-22-2007, 09:44 PM
WOW...

WOW...

All i can say is...

That kid can't draw for sh*t...

j-dawg
08-22-2007, 09:48 PM
WOW...

WOW...

All i can say is...

That kid can't draw for sh*t...

:sofunny::sofunny::sofunny:

PisnNapalm
08-22-2007, 09:49 PM
WTF is wrong with the world?

Just 30 years ago I played with GI Joes. I had a bunch of them and all of them had guns. I played with the tanks and planes too. All my friends had them. We played war and cop and robbers and cowboys and indians with our arsenal of realistic looking metal and plastic guns. My favorite was an M16 look alike.

Now kids are being arrested for having Airsoft battles with bright orange plastic guns that shoot soft plastic pellets. Kids are suspended from school because a drawing.... A F-ING DRAWING "resembles" a gun in a Freudian inkblot kind of way.

I fear that our country is going down the shitter in a hurry when the people in charge will suspend a kid for that drawing. It's not like he drew a gangsta with an Uzi spraying down a playground. I dunno what he drew but it sure as hell isn't a gun.

I think we were all alot better off when people weren't so afraid of guns. Guns are a fact of life. When you outlaw the guns only outlaws will have them. Stop being afraid of the guns and do something about the scumbags that use them illegally.

arrg.... I'm sorry to go off on a tangent like but the damn farking liberal democrats are turning us into a country of pussies.

Crushzilla
08-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Napalm... when are you going to learn...

You can't hug the children with nuclear arms... :sofunny:

The Duke
08-22-2007, 09:52 PM
Ok, that's really f---ed up.

PisnNapalm
08-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Think about this question honestly as if your life really depended upon it.

If someone were breaking into your home would you rather have...

A) A telephone in your hand while you dial 911 and hope that the police get there soon.

or

B) A loaded gun in your hand so you can defend your family.

Damn I'm pissed off right now....

SteelCityMan786
08-22-2007, 09:54 PM
Ok, that's really f---ed up.

Amen to that.

PisnNapalm
08-22-2007, 09:55 PM
Napalm... when are you going to learn...

You can't hug the children with nuclear arms... :sofunny:

Jackass... *finger* :flap:

tony hipchest
08-22-2007, 10:00 PM
arrg.... I'm sorry to go off on a tangent like but the damn farking liberal democrats are turning us into a country of pussies.maybe all the millionair republicans will cut their profit margins a bit and contribute to gun awareness and education.

i hear you and am just as ouraged about a kid being expelled for what is obviously a stealth 737 with paratroopers jumping out of it.

the war monger republicans wouldnt suspend this kid. hell, they would throw him into the draft, send him to iraq and make him an officer by the age of 16.

:sofunny:

im just talkin shit so ignore me. but honestly that kid draws like a 1st grader and i think it is a stealth passenger plane. only a moron would suspend him for that. rep. or dem.

Maidenarcher
08-22-2007, 10:01 PM
Well, I gotta tell you. Last year, my son had been pushed down by this older kid (he was in 7th grade last year). After my son pushed him back the other kid punches him in the head. The kid runs off. So, my son yells at him that he is going to kill him.......Well, my son got sent to alternative school for 7 weeks(til the end of the school year) and the kid who actually physically assaulted my son got in school suspension for a couple of days. Now, out on the street words don't mean crap. The physical violence would have resulted in that kid having charges brought against him. However, in the school you punch someone and it's okay, but don't dare say words out of anger for being bullied....And, to top that off while he was at alternative school they watched bootleg movies......Don'tcha just love that!

PisnNapalm
08-22-2007, 10:07 PM
I suppose next kids will be put in Juvie for playing a game of "Kill the guy with the ball".

revefsreleets
08-22-2007, 10:10 PM
This is the perfect example of when liberalism collapses in upon itself. Take Bob Herbert's NYT article about the new HBO Documentary about US soldiers who suffered near death and debilitating injuries in Iraq. He actually had the audacity to say this in his article:

"They offer a portrait of combat and its aftermath that bears no relation to the sanitized, often upbeat version of war not just in Iraq, but in general that so often comes from politicians and the news media."

Is this guy kidding? These are the people who complain that we can't show a picture of an injured cat in the paper, let alone an injured soldier, and this jackass has the balls to blame a vast right wing conspiracy of journalism for hiding the harsh realities of war?

TackleMeBen
08-22-2007, 10:18 PM
well the school system started going down hill when the liberal decided that they were better suited to discipline our children than parents. and started taking away parents right to parent their own children. sometimes it makes you ashame to be an american with some of the stuff that goes on in this country.

last time i checked even if the kid drew a picture of gun... paper cant hold or fire bullets???

PisnNapalm
08-22-2007, 11:33 PM
I used to doodle some crazy violent stuff. Planes bombing tanks or shooting down other planes. I even had a pseudo comic strip of one of my teachers. Mr. Z. He'd always find himself being blown to hell or eaten by sharks or smashed into walls. Mr Z. was a stuntman but his stunts never quite worked out right. I bet they'd throw my ass into therapy nowadays.

Preacher
08-23-2007, 01:51 AM
:headshake:

It is a PICTURE of a GUN... MAYBE.

A PICTURE

a BAD PICTURE..

Now. If he looked to the next kid and said, "I am going to kill you with this type of gun." Remove him.

Next, he will draw a picture of a girl, and be thrown in twenty-four hour treatment for being a misogynist

X-Terminator
08-23-2007, 08:24 AM
When I see stuff like this, I shudder to think of the types of adults these kids are going turn into - a bunch of limp-wristed, pansy ass, whiny little babies. These are the kids who are going to be running the country someday. Think about that for a moment.

America is doomed, folks, and you can thank the politically correct bleeding hearts for it.

PisnNapalm
08-23-2007, 08:36 AM
When I see stuff like this, I shudder to think of the types of adults these kids are going turn into - a bunch of limp-wristed, pansy ass, whiny little babies. These are the kids who are going to be running the country someday. Think about that for a moment.

America is doomed, folks, and you can thank the politically correct bleeding hearts for it.

Amen brother...

Hammer67
08-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Amen brother...

I second that amen. The media holds a lot of blame in this. But I also blame parents.

You can't even spank your kids anymore. I remeber when I was a kid, I lived in fear of my mother's wooden spoon. A couple whacks with that on the rear end when I was misbehaving was all it took. My wife (a wonderful and compassionate woman) still mentions the time when whe was an early teen, talking back to her mother (as early teens often try to do). It wasn't that she just disagreed, but the fact that she disrespected and insulted her mom. Her mother slapped her right across the face. My wife said she did disagree with her mom in the future but never disrespected her again.

Now, parents are either a) afraid to spank their kids because of what others will think or b) could care less and let their kids get away with anything.

PisnNapalm
08-23-2007, 10:58 AM
I can say that if my kids behavior is bad enough I will give them a crack on each butt cheek. It takes a bit to get that far, but no, I have no problems with a spanking.

Oh and my mother preferred to use a spatula on my ass. The last time I was spanked was when I was 12. I don't even remember what I had done wrong but my mother grabbed me and then the spatula. She whacked my ass once and then on the second whack the spatula broke. I turned around and laughed. Bad move... From then on I was grounded. I tell ya what. I'd have rather been spanked than grounded to my room for a week or whatever. It really sucks when all your friends are outside playing and you're stuck inside watching.

Hammer67
08-23-2007, 11:29 AM
I can say that if my kids behavior is bad enough I will give them a crack on each butt cheek. It takes a bit to get that far, but no, I have no problems with a spanking.

Oh and my mother preferred to use a spatula on my ass. The last time I was spanked was when I was 12. I don't even remember what I had done wrong but my mother grabbed me and then the spatula. She whacked my ass once and then on the second whack the spatula broke. I turned around and laughed. Bad move... From then on I was grounded. I tell ya what. I'd have rather been spanked than grounded to my room for a week or whatever. It really sucks when all your friends are outside playing and you're stuck inside watching.

To make it harder...now you have to contend with monitoring Internet, TV and video game usage. Makes it more difficult for a parent.

MasterOfPuppets
08-23-2007, 06:23 PM
a gun?:sofunny: that freakin picture could be used in one of them ,psycho ink blot test !!! the kid should fail art for sure, but suspended ? o'rielly should have a field day with this...:thumbsup:

stlrtruck
08-23-2007, 09:54 PM
At my son's elementary school last year, they were concerned because he was drawing tanks blowing up planes or vice versa. People were concerned that he was drawing war pictures. I was like, "Let the kid be a kid. When I was his age I drew war pictures too....and yes people were blown up in them too."

Thankfully, nothing really came of it and eventually he moved on to drawing other things.

Preacher
08-24-2007, 01:26 AM
At my son's elementary school last year, they were concerned because he was drawing tanks blowing up planes or vice versa. People were concerned that he was drawing war pictures. I was like, "Let the kid be a kid. When I was his age I drew war pictures too....and yes people were blown up in them too."

Thankfully, nothing really came of it and eventually he moved on to drawing other things.

When will these hippie children just go away? You know that is probably the real problem. All these flower children are now in real positions of power in our education. No wonder it is going down hill.

Preacher
08-24-2007, 01:29 AM
To make it harder...now you have to contend with monitoring Internet, TV and video game usage. Makes it more difficult for a parent.

Yes and no. You can put the video game away. Lock it up. Internet? Pull the modem.

RoethlisBURGHer
08-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I am only 22 (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!), so I have not seen as much as many of you have (geezers,jk). However I agree, this country is going to hell in a handbasket...and it is not Bush's fault.

Sadly enough, GW will probally be the last President we see who has a set of metaphoric balls. If John Kerry were voted into office, this country wouldn't exist anymore. That jackass didn't know what he wanted to do.

The hippie generation is unfortunatly starting to come into power, and they are nothing but pussies. They don't think the American people can govern their own households. In this country, we will soon lose the right to think for ourselves.

The senior citizens are lucky. They won't be around when the generation currently in school starts coming into office. But I will be, and I won't let some limp wristed little ***** tell me how to think, act, or raise my kid(s) when I have any. I don't really give two shits about how others perceive me. If they don't like me, good for them. Give them a cookie or something.

Also, you guys think a wooden spoon and spatchula is bad?

You know those wooden paddles with the ball attatched with a rubber band? My mom always bought me and my brother those knowing she'd have a cheap paddle to whoop us with in an hour.

And when she got sick of those, she had my grandfather make a paddle. It was made out of oak, it was long with holes drilled into it so we'd really get the message for the next 2 days every time we sat down. It also had a long handle.

And to get onto the original topic. How anyone thought that was a drawing of a gun, unless the kid said it was a gun, I truly do not know. I have never seena gun with someone walking in top of it, sliding down a rope off of it, or a gun with windows.

If kids are getting a weeks suspension for that drawing, I'd hate to think of what I'd get for the stuff I drew in school. They'd probally throw me in a mental institustion.

HometownGal
08-24-2007, 10:52 AM

My 7 year old grandson went to a birthday party on a Sunday afternoon when he was in kindergarten and one of the party favors they gave out was a little plastic candy bag with a toy water pistol about the size of my little fingernail attached to a keychain. Zac put the bag in his coat pocket and forgot to take it out. The next morning at school when he was taking his coat off to hang it in his locker, the bag fell out of his pocket and the water pistol fell out on the floor. His KG teacher was standing right there, picked up the keychain with water pistol attached, grabbed a hold of Zac and marched him down to the principal's office. He ended up getting suspended from school for 3 days for "bringing a weapon to school". :jawdrop::jawdrop: My daughter appealed to the School Board and her complaint wasn't heard until after he had already had his 3 day "hiatus", but her complaints fell on deaf ears. It wasn't until I told her to threaten them with legal action if they didn't remove that ridiculous notation from his school record that they finally agreed to do so and revoke the suspension (though as I said - he had already served it). I was horrified to say the least.

PisnNapalm
08-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Thankfully in my neighborhood kids can be kids. Most of the boys have Star Wars plastic lightsabers and various brightly colored toy guns. Their favorites are the Nerf ones that shoot the foam darts. I'm still not allowed to by my son a realistic looking gun. However a couple years ago my son pulled a very smart move all by himself. For 3 months before Halloween all he said he wanted to be was a cowboy. He pestered my wife relentlessly. She finally caved and let me buy him a pair of six shooter cap guns to complete his outfit. LOL!

He's the only kid on the street with capguns. Isn't that sad?

RoethlisBURGHer
08-24-2007, 12:08 PM
PisnNapaln: The ONLY kid with cap guns? Cap guns are the shit, I still have mine from when I was a kid. I can't find them in stores anywhere around here, it's really sad.

HTG: I can't beleive that your grandkid got a three day suspension for a little tiny keychain water pistol. Truly, what are out schools coming to?

I got suspended for "bringing a weapon to school" once. My grandpa bought me a leather jacket at a garage sale so I wore it to school. Turns out there was a lighter in the pocket with a ciggarette. I got TWO WEEKS suspension because in their eyes I could have had plans to burn the school down. And get this, everyone knows I DO NOT SMOKE!

Dynasty
08-25-2007, 01:05 AM
my god. i can believe how screwed up the public school system has gotten, but only because i am a member of it... it's rediculous that school officials would get themselves worked up into a tizzy because soem kid with no artistic talent drew a "vaguely gun-like object". The thing had frickin smileys on it!!! And that's what people are worked up about? There are much more serious problems in the world and in the country that would be a much better use of our energy than suspending a 13-year old for this kind of crap... I dont know if this has changed in the time since i was that kids age or if its just my school district, but I would doodle much more realistic pictures of firearms with no problems at all....

frickin hippie liberal nutjobs...