PDA

View Full Version : Now this is funny

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
08-23-2007, 12:59 AM
Hey do you blame him. I mean there are currently 83 bungles roaming Cincinnati and I guess Mr. Mayor doesn't want to take any chances so close to opening day.

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007Aug16/0,4670,BRFMayorStarterPistol,00.html

Here's to Mallory give the man a :beerbang: and a :m16:

Mayor Won't Use Pistol to Start Race

Thursday, August 16, 2007

CINCINNATI ? Mayor Mark Mallory is refusing to fire a starter pistol to kick off an upcoming road race, saying he doesn't like the gun's symbolism in a city that set a record for homicides last year.

Mallory said he'll blow a whistle at Saturday's Rhythm Race 5K instead. A pistol filled with blanks is traditionally used to start races and track meets.

"I think the symbolism is just bad," he said. "It's just something I don't do."

Mallory made the comment Tuesday while condemning last weekend's fatal shooting of a man near a youth football tournament held to promote nonviolence in Cincinnati neighborhoods.

Earnest Crear, 19, was in a group of young adults when he was shot just outside the field where hundreds of community members were watching children ages 6-12 play games in the "Peace Bowl."

Police on Thursday arrested a suspect, a 19-year-old man from Cincinnati.

Organizers of the Rhythm Race 5K, which raises money for neighborhood redevelopment projects, said they're fine with Mallory's decision.

"We're just happy to have the mayor," said Elizabeth Sherwood, president of the College Hill Forum, a neighborhood group. "I don't care if he wants to bang pots and pans together."

Cincinnati had 89 homicides last year, seven more than anytime since city police began keeping consistent records in 1950.

fansince'76
08-23-2007, 01:09 AM
This reminds me of when the NBA changed the Washington Bullets' name to the Washington Wizards, for pretty much the same reason; the high homicide rate in D.C. More PC BS.

Preacher
08-23-2007, 01:28 AM
This reminds me of when the NBA changed the Washington Bullets' name to the Washington Wizards, for pretty much the same reason; the high homicide rate in D.C. More PC BS.

Ahh...

Yep!

verks36
08-23-2007, 01:50 AM
Ha lol the mayor is refusing to fire the gun but i am sure that any one from the bengals 53 man roster would be glad to pull the trigger for you

OneForTheToe
08-23-2007, 01:54 AM
There goes my idea for the Pittsburgh NBA franchise named: The Pittsburgh Glock .45's.

rbryan
08-23-2007, 02:00 PM
They've only been keeping a record of homicides since 1950?

PisnNapalm
08-23-2007, 03:43 PM
*****... What a wuss.

Preacher
08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
PnP..

Come on, you know as well as I do that Handguns run down the street, aim, and fire all by themselves! It is all the handguns fault!

stillers4me
08-23-2007, 05:11 PM
And this is the mayor who has personal bodyguards. :coffee:

steelpride12
08-23-2007, 07:59 PM
can you blame him? ha