PDA

View Full Version : Steelers secondary is a cause for concern

Rush58
09-25-2005, 08:07 PM
If we don't get pressure with our blitz packages, we are average at best in our pass coverage. I hope I am not the only who sees this. This problem is a major concern with a qb like Brady or Manning.

Koopa
09-25-2005, 08:09 PM
yup, very scary, manning has been fallin off this year but it's early hopefully he ain't on a row by the time we play them or it's gonna be a long ass game for our secondary

SteelZeal
09-25-2005, 08:32 PM
A lot of the time I think it's the way they're coached. The Pats throw so many crossing patterns and outs against us; we have to be able to take a chance once in a while and try to jump the route. But it never happens.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-25-2005, 08:35 PM
we need a big time corner back there
hopefully McFadden will turn into something in the future

figg
09-25-2005, 08:38 PM
I dont blame the secondary as much as the pass rush.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-25-2005, 08:40 PM
The secondary has to stop the big plays with under 2 minutes left
it was a horrible defense all together

figg
09-25-2005, 08:42 PM
The secondary has to stop the big plays with under 2 minutes left
it was a horrible defense all together

The big plays were to a RB and a FB.

steelparrot
09-25-2005, 09:04 PM
i think someones name that needs to be brought up is farriors. There were so many plays were farrior would drop back to the middle of the field and a reciever would be wide up in the middle of the field for a 15 yard gain. I think are corners are playing a lot better then in the past, though there still is room for improvment.

Rush58
09-25-2005, 09:09 PM
If it wasn't for a couple of lucky turnovers, the Patriots would have scored 2 more times against our secondary.

Black-n-Gold
09-25-2005, 09:42 PM
The secondary is always a problem for the Steelers. Mostly because they tend to blitz alot, leaving more one on one. Problem this game is that they kept blitzing, but didn't get at Brady. When that happens the Patriots will take advantage of it, and the strategy needs to change. They should have blitz Troy a few times, having him after the QB would have rushed him to throw. He had too much time to throw and just came up big alot of times. Don't forget that this is the Patriots though, these are the guys to beat at the moment. The Colts barely beat Cleveland, so we'll see what they can do against us in a few weeks.

Koopa
09-25-2005, 10:10 PM
hopefully they'll change stuff up and get everything set that now we finally lost and we have two weeks to work on all our mistakes to bad the biggest mistake is under contract. i'm not to worried now that black n gold mentioned that they kept blitzing with no results and brady to advantage of it.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-25-2005, 11:02 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt think our secondary is an issue. Our defense is built on pressure, as Figg mentioned. Townsend is more than capable, and Taylor is up and coming. Troy is one of the best in the league and Hope can hit like nobody's business.

I dont see it as a weakness, I just think our defense simply got worn out and got out played as a unit in the 2nd half. On the field way to often and combined that Brady's precision... But we'll be back, u can count on it.

figg
09-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt think our secondary is an issue. Our defense is built on pressure, as Figg mentioned. Townsend is more than capable, and Taylor is up and coming. Troy is one of the best in the league and Hope can hit like nobody's business.

I dont see it as a weakness, I just think our defense simply got worn out and got out played as a unit in the 2nd half. On the field way to often and combined that Brady's precision... But we'll be back, u can count on it.

We dont really have play making CB's but the secondary IMO wasnt the problem. When you blitz you better get their. (Joey Porter-----anyone see him lately?) The plays that killed us were to the RB's. No one could cover them.