PDA

View Full Version : Jerk says Big Ben is Overrated

MichaelAngelo
08-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Not surprisingly his website is blacksportsonline.. can we say reverse racism?

dpD_au-D2_w

The Duke
08-23-2007, 07:20 PM
I just can't wait for Ben to shut up this morons this season.

fansince'76
08-23-2007, 07:30 PM
According to whom? Peter King ranked Ben 17th in the NFL. Not low enough? :rolleyes:

Elvis
08-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Ok guys/gals... I love Big Ben and what he has done for our team, but as a passer he is not Dan Marino or Joe Montana. I honestly think that if the Steelers get away from the running game then as a team the Steelers are gonna struggle. Ben has kind of struggled when the pressure was all on him. I hope that Ben proves me wrong, but with the rememberance of Tommy Maddox and Co. still scares me. Alot of Bens' success is gonna hinge on our O Line's success this season.
:tt02:

FastWillieParker39
08-23-2007, 07:58 PM
LOL! Ben has one off year and suddenly he's overrated? Screw everyone who doubts Ben!

X-Terminator
08-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I didn't bother watching that video - it's one person's uneducated opinion that I have no interest in hearing. However, it isn't wrong nor is it unwise to take a wait and see approach with Ben, because let's face it - he has to prove that last season was a fluke due to his multiple injuries. He's going to have his detractors as a result, both within and outside of our fan base, and it's up to him to silence them.

And for those who are afraid of Ben passing the ball more and having more control over the offense, keep two things in mind:

1. When he was asked to throw the ball more in the 2005 playoffs, on the biggest stage of them all and with everything on the line, he excelled. So it isn't like he doesn't have a track record of success when the ball is put in his hands. Without his passing game, chances are the Steelers do not make it to SB XL.

2. This year's offense has been streamlined and revised to utilize Ben's strengths, which should translate into better numbers overall.

All that's left now is to see how it all plays out. Personally, I think Ben will have a solid season and hopefully shut everyone up once and for all.

steelersfanmx
08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, Ben is not Tommy Maddox, and I think he'll be fine, but as someone said before,
the OL has to protect him eficiently in order to Ben can do his job...

Preacher
08-23-2007, 08:55 PM
Not surprisingly his website is blacksportsonline.. can we say reverse racism?

I would have to say no. EVery other player that he listed was black. This is just his opinion... which shows he is not racist, just blind!!

CantStop85
08-23-2007, 09:02 PM
I don't think it's possible for Ben to be overrated at this point.

fansince'76
08-23-2007, 09:06 PM
I don't think it's possible for Ben to be overrated at this point.

I have to agree - about all I ever hear outside of Steelers fans (and including a pretty good number of those as well) is that "he sucks." I'd like to know exactly who is overrating him.

HometownGal
08-23-2007, 09:17 PM
I have to agree - about all I ever hear outside of Steelers fans (and including a pretty good number of those as well) is that "he sucks." I'd like to know exactly who is overrating him.

If you notice, most of these naysayers who aren't Steelers fans are stuck with teams who haven't done squat, diddly do. The color green just doesn't become them.

I have to agree with CS here - its a real stretch stating that Ben is overrated. I pay no mind to what other fans think of and say about Ben - I pay attention to what he does on the field and I think I'm really going to enjoy seeing those omelette faces this season.

TackleMeBen
08-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Overrated? did you say Overrated???????? i have two words....Eli Manning....

i think ben's motto this year should be... arrive kicked butt leave ..lol

TommyG
08-23-2007, 09:39 PM
The guy lead us to the freaking Super Bowl in his second year....I think he has earned the right to have a down year. If the other guys would catch the damn ball, who knows.....

Edman
08-23-2007, 09:45 PM
How is Big Ben overrated? Most NFL publications, "experts", opposing fans, and analysts place Ben in the middle to lower half of the spectrum of NFL QB's.

Most anti-Steeler fans use last year and SBXL only to guage Ben's future and overall talent as a QB. Even before that, he was still called a game manager. If anyone's overrated, look no further than Heli Manning.

fansince'76
08-23-2007, 09:50 PM
If anyone's overrated, look no further than Heli Manning.

Not to mention a certain soon-to-be federal inmate. For six years all I heard about him was that "next year will be his breakout year." Never happened.

TackleMeBen
08-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Not to mention a certain soon-to-be federal inmate. For six years all I heard about him was that "next year will be his breakout year." Never happened.
next year can be his breakout year.... breakout of prison :wink02:

msafford
08-23-2007, 10:17 PM
next year can be his breakout year.... breakout of prison :wink02:

It's a good thing for him that he's not a "wide receiver" or a "tight end." :moon:

verks36
08-23-2007, 10:32 PM
OK if joey is so overrated and ben is so overrated then how did we win super bowl XL huh

RoethlisBURGHer
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
This is what I hear about Ben all the time:

He's overrated, he's never done anything (yeah he never set a record for most wins in a row as a rookie, put up the highest completion percentage as a rookie, recorded the highest passer rating for a rookie, or became the youngest starting QB to ever win a Super Bowl).

He sucked in Super Bowl XL, so he's a sucky QB (how convienently they forget how well he played leading up to the Super Bowl).

Charlie Frye will win a Super Bowl before Ben does (can't even happen, Browns fans are all retards).

Livinginthe past
08-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Definite case of reverse racism, though.

4 black guys in the top 5 and yet they still put Ben at No.1?

You could spend all day digging up sh*t like this from the net and getting angry about it.

Steel Pit
08-23-2007, 11:58 PM
I wouldn't go out and search for this guys weekly review but I'll listen to him when it's right there in my face. I have no problem with the dude speaking his mind. Someone said that it's just one mans uneducated opinion. That's probably true but you could stick that label on just about all of us. I haven't received any formal education in NFL forecasting, have any of you?

Ben isn't Joe Montana, he's not Tom Brady, he's not Troy Aikman but who knows, he may equal or even surpass what the aforementioned QB's have done. I'm happy to have him playing QB for my favorite team and that's all that matters to me.:banana:

Preacher
08-24-2007, 01:37 AM
One thing about the internet...

Anyone with a computer can become an "expert"

Of course, you all know what an expert is right? SOmeone from out of town with a briefcase.

SteelerFanInCA
08-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Gotta love idiots like this clown with nothing better to do. :dang: :blah:

Dylan
08-24-2007, 08:12 PM
There is no way big ben is overrated.. That is inzane...

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2007, 08:25 AM
LOL, I like the backround music.

This guys good. He sort of reminds me of the preacher......(not you preacher)

WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE:

16YGYVEuWRs

Livinginthe past
08-25-2007, 08:28 AM
Thats absolutely hilarious.

I've never heard anyone preach the 'truth' while blaspheming the whole time.

Acid and religion can be compatible.

83-Steelers-43
08-25-2007, 08:30 AM
Thats absolutely hilarious.

I've never heard anyone preach the 'truth' while blaspheming the whole time.

Acid and religion can be compatible.

I got my haircut just like his. Needless to say I get all the honey's. "BEEEEOTCH". :wink02:

Livinginthe past
08-25-2007, 08:36 AM
I got my haircut just like his. Needless to say I get all the honey's. BEEEEOTCH. :wink02:

LOL. Thats the type of haircut to make sure you 'don't follow whitey's rule, yo'

TheManOfSteel
08-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Where was MIKE VICK AT? There is the # 1 most over rated PLAYER in the HISTORY of the NFL!

MichaelAngelo
08-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Where was MIKE VICK AT? There is the # 1 most over rated PLAYER in the HISTORY of the NFL!

Hard to be overrated if you aren't in the league

revefsreleets
08-25-2007, 04:29 PM
I agree with Porter and Lewis, but he's way off with the other three. This isn't racism, it's just some guy sitting in his basement, why all the hate? In fact, why all the play?

SteelDogFan
08-26-2007, 07:06 PM
How can you be overated when you were picked in the top of your draft class Your team goes 15-1 your first year and you win the superbowl your second. In your third year you cant play due to injury. What does he base this on. I dont want to dog this guy but did he watch the playoffs of 05. You cant be a sports show host and be biased towards a team or individual. You noticed he named Porter also.

Edman
08-26-2007, 10:10 PM
People say Ben only wins because of the cast around him. This statement a huge double standard for all QB's to ever play the game.

Where would Peyton Manning be without Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne?

Where would Carson Palmer be without Rudi Johnson, and a trio of talented recievers to throw to? I'm putting special emphasis on this because Bengal fans are the first to point out that Ben is overrated because of the cast around him.

Bobby Socks
09-05-2007, 02:12 PM
Big Bum is overrated. I predict he will win this year's award for Turnover King. Ben is a no talent bum.

fansince'76
09-05-2007, 02:17 PM
Big Bum is overrated. I predict he will win this year's award for Turnover King. Ben is a no talent bum.

Big Bum - original. Come up with that yourself, or did mommy help you out? :yawn: :yawn: :yawn:

BTW, take your witty remarks to the blast furnace, please. This is your first (and last) warning.

Steelman16
09-05-2007, 02:20 PM
That was the sorriest piece of crap I've ever watched. This guy is worse than Mark Madden. He needs to get over the Yo Dude rap style announcing and go hang out with 50 Cent instead. Maybe he'd actually get a few dollars from him. :blah:

83-Steelers-43
09-05-2007, 02:22 PM

I wouldn't go nearly that far. I will agree that he has to prove himself after his bike crash and after having a horrible following season. IMO, he has a good bit to prove this season. Judging that we....oh I don't know...will be dishing out some nice cash to him after this season. But to state that he is overrated and that he is a "no talent bum" is going way too far.

BTW, you better run for the hills. The slightest of criticism towards "God" will not be put up with. Good luck.

rog
09-05-2007, 02:27 PM
How can you say he is overrated when most don't give him enough credit. They say his supporting cast got him through the playoffs and to a superbowl win please ask yourselves this do the Steelers go any where with Tommy Maddox that year. Hell no! He had a bad year last year you go through a windshield and see how well you do at work. I don't understand why Ben gets ripped the way he does and Vince Young is allready on his way to Canton. I guess I just don't get it.

fansince'76
09-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Am I the only one that smells "troll" here?

alittlejazzbird
09-05-2007, 02:53 PM
as someone said before,
the OL has to protect him eficiently in order to Ben can do his job...

And that's also true of any other quarterback in the NFL, including Manning and Brady. Remember what happened to Peyton during that playoff game when we were in his face all afternoon because his O-line protection broke down repeatedly? He said something afterwards about having "problems with protection", and was accused by the media of throwing his O-line under the bus.

ANY quarterback is only as good as his offensive line. True of Ben, true of all of them.

delhess
09-05-2007, 04:49 PM
this thread is almost comical, really. who are these people? i have no idea.

the guy that says ben can't perform w/o a good oline , just look at his stats from 04 and 05 when he scambles out of the pocket. also you have to realize that last year was a gimme. if you don't realize that , then you aren't being reasonable.

now , if he repeats his performance of last year, then you can say what you want. just wait to say it please.

and also, if your own team is so lame that you got nothing to talk about, just watch baseball or something, don't waste our time.

zoneblitz43
09-05-2007, 07:53 PM
Ben will have a chance to prove everybody wrong this season. he had an on and off season in 2006, at times looked brilliant (against Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, 2nd Browns game) and other times awful (against Raiders, Broncos, 1st Browns games). as for being a bum, I can remember Favre and Peyton Manning having poor seasons in the past. It happens to every QB.

steelpride12
09-05-2007, 09:22 PM
Ben will have a chance to prove everybody wrong this season. he had an on and off season in 2006, at times looked brilliant (against Chiefs, Falcons, Panthers, 2nd Browns game) and other times awful (against Raiders, Broncos, 1st Browns games). as for being a bum, I can remember Favre and Peyton Manning having poor seasons in the past. It happens to every QB.

Lets just hope he does, cuz if he dont then we will get back fired for accusing everyone they are wrong when they were right about Ben not rebounding.

Preacher
09-06-2007, 02:08 AM
If you look at this whole thing from the leagues viewpoint, you can start to understand.

See, we should have won about 5 SB's in the last ten years. That would have put us at 9, and complete domination of the NFL since the merger. The league is very scared that we found the last piece!

(Nice bit of homerism, eh?)