PDA

View Full Version : This upcoming year

Ohio Steeler
08-24-2007, 07:49 AM
ok Black and Gold fans how do you see the year going for us ?

HometownGal
08-24-2007, 07:53 AM
Barring any major injuries, I believe this team will fare well this season and be on the Rats' hineys like white on rice. They have the talent (though I'm still a bit nervous about the OL) and the motivation, along with a fresh new coaching staff (other than Lebeau) chock full of new ideas and plans for this team. I see the Steelers claiming a W/C berth and from there, I don't want to predict, having not seen the team play in a regular season game yet. :tt02:

Ohio Steeler
08-24-2007, 08:38 AM
I look for the AFC North to come down to us and the bungals as long as we can stay healthy that is.

clevestinks
08-24-2007, 09:18 AM
12-4, playoffs 3-0

Ohio Steeler
08-24-2007, 09:50 AM
12-4, playoffs 3-0

I will take that :tt02::jammin:

HometownGal
08-24-2007, 11:34 AM
I"m a realist.....

I just don't feel the Steelers are going to win the AFCN this season and the Rats will be our strongest challenge. We can hate on 'em all we want, but they're still a pretty good team, and with the addition of McGahee in the backfield, could spell a lot of trouble for opponents though the Steelers are damned good against the run. I see us getting into the playoffs as a WC though.

FastWillieParker39
08-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Taking the Steelers glasses off and being a realist, I think the Steelers will go 10-6 with a wild card spot. Ben is back and healthy, pro bowl RB in Parker, solid WR core and a defense that's always top 10. Add to the fact that Tomlin will have that passion and drive to win unlike Cowher did last year. We were 8-8 last year, with everyone coming back, healthy and a new drive to win, I see 2 more wins.

Ohio Steeler
08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
I will be happy with a 9-7 kind of year from our boys in black and gold...

Mosca
08-24-2007, 03:51 PM
I'm thinking, 9-7 or 10-6.

vasteeler
08-24-2007, 03:54 PM
i think they will end up 11-5 or 12-4 and deep into the playoffs. they have a lot of talent on this team. i think some people have forgoten how talented thay are.i understand that our o-line has some issuses but i do think that will work itslf out. my bigger consern is the defense not being able to stop other teams on the down conversions and i beleive that will be corrected also. i think this year will be something special:tt02::tt02:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-24-2007, 06:46 PM
I'm gonna say 10-6 or 11-5.

Elvis
08-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Barring any major injuries, I believe this team will fare well this season and be on the Rats' hineys like white on rice. They have the talent (though I'm still a bit nervous about the OL) and the motivation, along with a fresh new coaching staff (other than Lebeau) chock full of new ideas and plans for this team. I see the Steelers claiming a W/C berth and from there, I don't want to predict, having not seen the team play in a regular season game yet. :tt02:
I just wanted to say that I really think that there will be Alot of Motivation for this team this year. After winning the Super Bowl and then stinking so bad last year, they need to prove that they were Not a fluke team. I agree with the Not predicting a final record as well, I just want to see this team in real action. After the first 4 games I think that we will know a whole lot about our team...
:helmet:

Dylan
08-24-2007, 08:05 PM
I think we will have a late run again and make it to the playoffs this time

FastWillieParker39
08-24-2007, 09:36 PM
I think the oline could determine on whether or not we make the playoffs. If the oline can play atleast medicore, I like our chances at our offense being better than last year. The reason why I see the Steelers making the playoffs is because IMO there are a lot of positives. I mean our only real concern is oline, some teams would love to have that as there only concern. We fix the oline, we're a much better team than last year.

billybob
08-25-2007, 03:39 AM
I"m a realist.....

I just don't feel the Steelers are going to win the AFCN this season and the Rats will be our strongest challenge. We can hate on 'em all we want, but they're still a pretty good team, and with the addition of McGahee in the backfield, could spell a lot of trouble for opponents though the Steelers are damned good against the run. I see us getting into the playoffs as a WC though.

hey,the baltimore ravens are not rats.Get the shit right.they are nothing more than the original cleveland browns.that is how they should be treated.out of date.they are the ones that brought cleveland dirt to three rivers to try and stop the beatings they were recieving.stop talking shit and get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fansince'76
08-25-2007, 06:02 AM
hey,the baltimore ravens are not rats.Get the shit right.they are nothing more than the original cleveland browns.that is how they should be treated.out of date.they are the ones that brought cleveland dirt to three rivers to try and stop the beatings they were recieving.stop talking shit and get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the history lesson, dude. The fact remains that we finished a mediocre 8-8 last year while the "Original Cleveland Browns" went 13-3 with a bye, including two lambastings they put on us during the season. Until we can show that we can beat them on the field, why shouldn't they be the prohibitive favorite for the AFCN title this year? Someone definitely needs to get real here, and it ain't HTG. Big difference between being a fan and a Kool-aid drinker.

steelersfanman92
08-25-2007, 07:09 AM
I'm going with 11-5 or possibly 12-4, the steelers have the players and tallent it is just a matter of no being sloppy and exicuting

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-25-2007, 07:26 AM
I am going to say 10-6...make the playoffs as a wild card and win the first playoff game.

I think that Ben is comeback player of the year and Sepulveda makes the pro-bowl.

Steel Warrior
08-25-2007, 08:11 AM
I'm predicting 10-6 and a wildcard. We need to come out smokin' for the easier part of our schedule.

# TV Date Away Home Site Result Record
Regular Season
1 Sun Sep 9
10:00a
Steelers
Browns Cleveland Browns Stadium
(Grass)
Win

2 Sun Sep 16
Bills
Steelers Heinz Field
(DD GrassMaster)
Win

3 Sun Sep 23
49ers
Steelers Heinz Field
(DD GrassMaster)
Win

4 Sun Sep 30
1:15p
Steelers
Cardinals Univ of Phoenix Stadium
(Grass)
Win

5 Sun Oct 7
Seahawks
Steelers Heinz Field
(DD GrassMaster)
Win

National Sun Oct 21
5:15p
Steelers
Broncos INVESCO Field at Mile High
(DDGrassmaster)
Loss

8 Sun Oct 28
Steelers
Bengals Paul Brown Stadium
(Synthetic)
Loss

National Mon Nov 5
5:30p
Ravens
Steelers Heinz Field
(DD GrassMaster)
Loss

10 Sun Nov 11
Browns
Steelers Heinz Field
(DD GrassMaster)
Win

11 Sun Nov 18
Steelers
Jets Meadowlands
(FieldTurf)
Loss

National Mon Nov 26
5:30p
Dolphins
Steelers Heinz Field
(DD GrassMaster)
Win

National Sun Dec 2
Bengals
Steelers Heinz Field
(DD GrassMaster)
Win

14 Sun Dec 9
Steelers
Patriots Gillette Stadium
(Grass)
Loss

15 Sun Dec 16
Jaguars
Steelers Heinz Field
(DD GrassMaster)
Win

National Thu Dec 20
Steelers
Rams Edward Jones Dome
(FieldTurf)
Win

17 Sun Dec 30
Steelers
Ravens M&T Bank Stadium
(Sportexe Momentum)
Loss

:smoker:

FastWillieParker39
08-25-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the history lesson, dude. The fact remains that we finished a mediocre 8-8 last year while the "Original Cleveland Browns" went 13-3 with a bye, including two lambastings they put on us during the season. Until we can show that we can beat them on the field, why shouldn't they be the prohibitive favorite for the AFCN title this year? Someone definitely needs to get real here, and it ain't HTG. Big difference between being a fan and a Kool-aid drinker.

I agree 100%. However, I wouldn't be surprised if we did win the division though. Although I don't expect.

Smashmouth225
08-25-2007, 01:02 PM
In the play-offs w @ least any where from 10-12 wins. This is good club plus everybody has question marks this time of year that's why its called pre-season. Identifying problems and correcting them. I really don't think our O-line will be a weakness and it will be better than last years group. .

delhess
08-25-2007, 01:03 PM
i expect 10-12 wins this year. i think 8-8 would be disapointing, but not a failure.

as for making a late run this year, who knows , but i expect the steelers to be more consistent.

under cowher, the team resembled the coach, very emotional and played best when their back was against the wall. i feel that tomlin is more even tempered, and will be less affected by the backround noise.

don't get me wrong, i loved cowher, and couldn't imagine him leaving, but how many times were the steelers underprepaired emotionally for big games they should have won?

that's just my take

verks36
08-25-2007, 01:21 PM
This is a reliable view of the AFC north
Guess what they pick the steelers to win AFC north che che:tt02::tt02:

QzFrPWLJz5o

delhess
08-25-2007, 01:46 PM
This is a reliable view of the AFC north
Guess what they pick the steelers to win AFC north che che:tt02::tt02:

QzFrPWLJz5o

thanks that's a nice breakdown. i love pat kerwin, and listen to him every day on "movin' the chains" on sirius and had NO IDEA that's what he looked like!

verks36
08-25-2007, 02:11 PM
thanks that's a nice breakdown. i love pat kerwin, and listen to him every day on "movin' the chains" on sirius and had NO IDEA that's what he looked like!

Ya I thought that was a pretty good breakdown from a unbiased opinion.
Ya Pat is pretty good he knows what he is talking about. He usually doesnt favor any team to.