PDA

View Full Version : Bengals Sign Lemar Marshall

CantStop85
08-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Marshall comes home
August 23, 2007
10:50 p.m.

It took about a decade, but Lemar Marshall has come home to play football.

Marshall, a St. Xavier High School grad cut by the Redskins earlier this week, signed a one-year deal with the Bengals Thursday.

The 6-2, 225-pound Marshall, 30, can play all three linebacker spots, but he started the last two seasons in the middle for the Redskins and piled up 198 solo tackles, 3.5 sacks and four interceptions.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=6216

It's not Jeremiah Trotter, but a good move by the Bengals, another guy Marvin has coached before. With the loss of Eric Henderson for the year, it adds some depth and experience at the very least. 104 tackles last year, so he certainly has something left in the tank.

Livinginthe past
08-24-2007, 02:06 PM
Was anyone else looking at him?

Think he'll be a starter or cover across all 3 LBer spots?

CantStop85
08-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Was anyone else looking at him?

I don't know honestly...I hadn't even heard that the Bengals were looking at him.

Think he'll be a starter or cover across all 3 LBer spots?

The Bengals site said he'll start as a backup to the strongside behind Rashad Jeanty. But I think he'll get a shot to start at just about any spot...no one's spot is really safe in our LB corps. He played mostly in the middle for the Redskins, but from what I've heard his specialty is weakside.

In a perfect world I'd have Hartwell on the weakside, Marshall in the middle, and Brooks on the strongside and use Jeanty more as a situational pass rusher.

With that being said, I don't think anybody knows what the starting linebackers are going to look like at the start of the season. There's a lot of different ways they could go.

Livinginthe past
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
I don't know honestly...I hadn't even heard that the Bengals were looking at him.

The Bengals site said he'll start as a backup to the strongside behind Rashad Jeanty. But I think he'll get a shot to start at just about any spot...no one's spot is really safe in our LB corps. He played mostly in the middle for the Redskins, but from what I've heard his specialty is weakside.

In a perfect world I'd have Hartwell on the weakside, Marshall in the middle, and Brooks on the strongside and use Jeanty more as a situational pass rusher.

With that being said, I don't think anybody knows what the starting linebackers are going to look like at the start of the season. There's a lot of different ways they could go.

Thx for the info!

I'll be keeping an eye on Hartwell - there was quite a bit of interest in him from Patriots fans bearing in mind we dont have massive depth at ILB.

At that time, I think we all had Adalius Thomas pegged as starting at OLB instead of ILB though.

Elvis
08-24-2007, 09:08 PM
Does he have a past record of crime? If not, he will not fit in in Cincinnati..:wink02:
Good luck and your right.. it could end up helping your team out... even though I cant say that I hope so...:thumbsup: