PDA

View Full Version : Travis Henry - NFL Father Of The Year

Atlanta Dan
08-24-2007, 10:00 PM
More good PR for the NFL for Goodell to deal with.

Travis Henry just got tackled by a $3,000-a-month child support judgment.

Sure, the Denver Broncos running back has a $25 million contract and a base monthly salary approaching $50,000, but that kind of bill can still crimp your style when you're accustomed to expensive cars and fancy jewelry ? and lots of other child support payments.

Henry, 28, has fathered nine children by nine women in at least four Southern states and has been ordered by various judges to provide child support for seven of them, according to court records involving one child living in DeKalb County

DeKalb Superior Court Judge Clarence Seeliger this week ordered Henry to provide $3,000 a month for the Lithonia boy he fathered out of wedlock three years ago with Jameshia Beacham, now 29....

Beacham could not be reached for comment. Her lawyer, Robert Wellon, said he asked that the trust be set up because Henry rarely made the payments mandated by an earlier order, though they were $800 less a month. Wellon said there was testimony establishing that Henry received a $1 million bonus earlier this year but quickly spent most of it, buying, among other things, a Mercedes and gold jewelry.

"My argument was, if he makes wise investments, other than in gold chains, then he should be able to make the payments," Wellon said.

Edlin, though, said Henry collected much less than $1 million after taxes, and he said much of it went to debts. "He doesn't have any money," Edlin said. "The guy has significant financial issues."

Records show that Henry's children are scattered across both the American and National Football Conferences ? including Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia. Wellon said Henry talked about gathering them together to watch him at training camp

http://ajc.printthis.clickability.com/pt/cpt?action=cpt&title=Broncos+player+ordered+to+pay+child+support+ in+Georgia&expire=&urlID=23622494&fb=Y&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ajc.com%2Fmetro%2Fcontent%2Fm etro%2Fdekalb%2Fstories%2F2007%2F08%2F24%2Fchildpa y_0825.html%3Fcxntlid%3Dhomepage_tab_newstab&partnerID=553

fansince'76
08-24-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow, I didn't think anybody would beat Shawn Kemp's 7 kids with 5 different mothers. :jawdrop:

Livinginthe past
08-24-2007, 10:17 PM
That is absolute ignorance.

How can guy just travel the country impregnating women left, right and centre - especially a guy as high profile as Henry?

It amazes me that this is the first we have heard of this.

Atlanta Dan
08-24-2007, 10:21 PM
That is absolute ignorance.

How can guy just travel the country impregnating women left, right and centre - especially a guy as high profile as Henry?

It amazes me that this is the first we have heard of this.

We are just being judgmental.. My excerpts omitted this line that ended the story:

Edlin said Henry wants to be a good parent. "I know these are a lot of kids, and there might be some questions about it," he said, "but he's a really committed father.":dang:

tony hipchest
08-24-2007, 11:00 PM
Records show that Henry's children are scattered across both the American and National Football Conferences ? including Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee and Georgia. Wellon said Henry talked about gathering them together to watch him at training camp[/I]

]:toofunny:

dont sell yourself short travis. 2 more and you can field the scout team.

SteelCityMan786
08-24-2007, 11:17 PM
Wow, I didn't think anybody would beat Shawn Kemp's 7 kids with 5 different mothers. :jawdrop:

Wow, I thought Santonio was worse.:jawdrop:

CantStop85
08-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Most of these women WANT to get pegnant by someone with a high profile career and money. Henry is stupid, but it's not all on him.

Plus those kids could follow in their father's footsteps and make their mom some serious money. :helmet:

Livinginthe past
08-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Most of these women WANT to get pegnant by someone with a high profile career and money. Henry is stupid, but it's not all on him.

Well, of course 'protection' is the duty of both halves of the consenting couple.

But its possible (although maybe not likely) that all these women only have a single child and its Henry's.

revefsreleets
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
I would like to chime in about cultural differences, but I'd be branded a racist.

Then again, give Tom Brady a few years and he might make a run at Henry and Kemp's records.

Preacher
08-26-2007, 02:54 AM
I too would like to chime in, but I would be considered old-fashioned.

Then again, if he kept his pants zipped, he WOULDNT HAVE FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY.

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2007, 03:08 AM
I too would like to chime in, but I would be considered old-fashioned.

Then again, if he kept his pants zipped, he WOULDNT HAVE FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY.

there is a simple proceedure that keeps you from breeding like a rat.....:coffee:

Godfather
08-26-2007, 10:39 AM
I would like to chime in about cultural differences, but I'd be branded a racist.

Then again, give Tom Brady a few years and he might make a run at Henry and Kemp's records.

Don't forget Matt Leinart. He has time to party with Paris Hilton and bang Nick Lachey, but no time for his son.

alittlejazzbird
08-30-2007, 11:20 AM
Way to help reverse those African-American male stereotypes there, Travis.

IMO, he and his various and sundry baby mommas certainly help to further the case for mandatory sterilization. Sure, he's an irresponsible idiot who can't keep his pants zipped, but the responsibility lies equally, if not more, with the really stupid women who are mindlessly breeding.

I don't care where in America you live, who you are, how much money you have, you can get FREE birth control. Completely, one hundred percent free. If those women don't take advantage of it and take responsibility for their own bodies, then they deserve whatever is visited upon them, including abandonment by a coddled, egomaniacal, over-entitled-feeling NFL athlete. And HE deserves a lifetime of debt and harrassment trying to meet his legal obligations.

Sorry, just had to rant for a second. From a female perspective, it irritates the you-know-what out of me when crap like this happens. I'm off the soapbox now...

Crushzilla
08-30-2007, 12:32 PM
I hear Goddell is switching draft day procedures.

When your name is called you get a hat, a jersey, and a little snip.

Of course UDFAs won't be subjected to this, because if you are a UDFA that's good enough for someone to want to... copulate... with you then its all you, man...

All you...

zoneblitz43
08-31-2007, 11:47 PM
I'm sure Henry is rich enough to afford a vasectomy. what a fool.