PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else notice this?

Jeremy
08-26-2007, 07:42 AM
Dumb people love the news.

Yeah I said it, and I'll say it again. I have this guy in my office right now who insists on watching the news at least 6 hours a day. 6 hours of Fox News every single day. Now this guy is good at his job, but he's as dumb as a brick. Just as an example, he had no clue what heresay was. But yet we still watch the news, and as far as I can tell, it doesn't help make him any smarter.

Now I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but I can more than hold my own in an argument. And I watch sports almost all the time. I don't know. Maybe it's his way of trying to hide his incredible stupidity, but it's annoying and I'm about to snap on him about it soon.

Jeremy
08-26-2007, 08:32 AM
Oh no.....Red X strikes again!

83-Steelers-43
08-26-2007, 08:48 AM
I'm seeing the picture. Sixth Sense.

fansince'76
08-26-2007, 09:04 AM
Oh no.....Red X strikes again!

Well, if you're at work, it's probably being blocked by your firewall. It's a picture from a blog site. I know when I'm at work and I log onto the forum during my lunch hour, a lot of pictures that people post here get blocked by my company's firewall, especially pictures linked here from blog sites and the like.

Ohio Steeler
08-26-2007, 09:15 AM
here you go I re hosted it

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8500/iseedumbpeopleqd7.jpg

steelpinstripe72
08-26-2007, 12:52 PM
6 hours of Fox News every single day.

Therein lies the problem. :wink02:

My dad's another dull tool in the shed who will only watch the news. Well, either news channels or Friends. That's it. He tells me that they don't have time to read at home. No time to read, yet they watch TV all the time. Last time I was home, there was a TV in every single room in the house. I watch TV, too (no news, though; I get my news from elsewhere), but a TV in every room in our house is too much.

Livinginthe past
08-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Therein lies the problem. :wink02:

My dad's another dull tool in the shed who will only watch the news. Well, either news channels or Friends. That's it. He tells me that they don't have time to read at home. No time to read, yet they watch TV all the time. Last time I was home, there was a TV in every single room in the house. I watch TV, too (no news, though; I get my news from elsewhere), but a TV in every room in our house is too much.

Calling your own dad out for being dumb?

I've heard it all now.

revefsreleets
08-26-2007, 06:50 PM
I stopped watching "The News" years ago. The problem is that they don't really report the news anymore, it's more just like Entertainment Tonight where they talk about local events instead of Hollywood. Gawdawful!

steelpinstripe72
08-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Calling your own dad out for being dumb?

I've heard it all now.

I'm thinking it's more willful ignorance than idiocy. He doesn't get out much, and it shows. Phone conversations usually go like this:

Dad: "How's the weather?" [Quite possibly the biggest conversation killer ever]

Me: (Sunny/raining/whatever)

And then mostly dead air. Can't really talk to him about much of anything. But then, this is a guy who doesn't understand why the Steelers didn't draft Larry Johnson. *facepalm*

MasterOfPuppets
08-26-2007, 08:20 PM
I'm thinking it's more willful ignorance than idiocy. He doesn't get out much, and it shows. Phone conversations usually go like this:

And then mostly dead air. Can't really talk to him about much of anything. But then, this is a guy who doesn't understand why the Steelers didn't draft Larry Johnson. *facepalm*
there's always the news to discuss....:toofunny:

Jeremy
08-26-2007, 10:25 PM
I guess there's a reason why the British have become the world's lap dogs.

Preacher
08-27-2007, 02:11 AM

Trust me.. a few more years, you will think your father is a genius. It is amazing the older we get, the more intelligent our parents get.

A few years ago, I came home from college, and was AMAZED at how intelligent my mother became!!

verks36
08-27-2007, 02:20 AM
well i would rephrase your statement

It is not dumb people who watch the new it is dumb people who beilive every word the new says and change and worry over something that was on the news that doesnt affect them at all.

Jeremy
08-27-2007, 02:26 AM
well i would rephrase your statement

It is not dumb people who watch the new it is dumb people who beilive every word the new says and change and worry over something that was on the news that doesnt affect them at all.

That's fair. I still think I'm better off spending my TV time watching sports and occassional show on DiscoveryTimes ot NGC.

Maidenarcher
08-27-2007, 03:59 PM
here you go I re hosted it

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/8500/iseedumbpeopleqd7.jpg

This is how I feel at work everyday......I work for the state.....It really gets old dealing with DA's (Dumb arses) all day....I am amazed how some can even keep the job.

Ohio Steeler
08-27-2007, 04:25 PM
This is how I feel at work everyday......I work for the state.....It really gets old dealing with DA's (Dumb arses) all day....I am amazed how some can even keep the job.

:sofunny: