PDA

View Full Version : Kreider showing some good stuff

delhess
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
well, the steelers offense looks like it's beginning to get it together a little. looking quite sharp w/ a mix of plays in the first half against the eagles, including lots of willie parker, and some throws to holmes and miller and wilson.

kreider had some great blocks, and about a 22 yard catch to hopefully help secure his spot on the roster. i thought c davis looked a little weak in comparison. what do you think?

Preacher
08-26-2007, 09:57 PM
Kreider is blocking well... and that catch out of the backfield was nice...

i just wonder what we will do to keep the players we want though?

delhess
08-26-2007, 10:03 PM
i don't know what madden was talking about, but he said something about grouping kreider w/ the tight ends and have 5 running back spots? am i hearing things or does that make sense?

Dylan
08-26-2007, 10:11 PM
Good for Kreider we need him i cant even think of cutting him right now while he is in his prime in blocking...

Jeremy
08-26-2007, 11:17 PM
I think Kreider is a second rate fullback.

delhess
08-27-2007, 07:40 AM

i couldn't disagree with you more.

Jman
08-27-2007, 08:50 AM

I'd be very curious about your opinion of a first rate fullback...

I do believe Dan Krieder looked great in last night's game. He blocked well, and that one catch was really good. I didn't know he could run like that.

I believe what Madden was bringing up, was that the distinct line between TE and FB might disappear with the Steelers organization. The TE would also have to share the load of the fullback responsibilities. This goes towards Bruce Arian's offence. It's more of a "threat" having a TE like Heath Miller back there, because you don't know if he's blocking, or coming out of the backfield. At least, that is what I understood the offence to operate as... I might be wrong...

:coffee:

BlastFurnace
08-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Last night clearly showed the difference between Dan Kreider and Carey Davis. Kreider belongs on this team, not only because he is a great FB, but because Willie Parker has a comfort level with him. We don't need Willie over thinking out there because he doesn't know what Davis will be doing.

manheimcentralmagic
08-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Dan Kreider was a great running back in high school. It always puzzled me why he was not used more as a threat. Granted he is a great blocker, but he can def run and catch, maybe not Fast Willie Parker, but he can def pose a threat.

Mosca
08-29-2007, 07:02 PM
Dan Kreider was a great running back in high school. It always puzzled me why he was not used more as a threat. Granted he is a great blocker, but he can def run and catch, maybe not Fast Willie Parker, but he can def pose a threat.

Manheim, eh? Oh boy, will we have fun this year. Thomas Jefferson alum here. And GBMelBlount is a Trinity guy.

When it gets to where it looks like we might meet in Hershey, I'll make sure we figure out a wager of some sort.

Tom

NV STEELERS 723
08-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Krieder is right there w/ Lorenzo Neal......