PDA

View Full Version : Heinz Field's restrooms drop the ball

Ohio Steeler
08-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Numerous spectators at last night's Steelers game who had filled up with food and drink were prohibited from using some restrooms at Heinz Field because of apparent low water pressure.

The problem started sometime during the first quarter of the Steelers-Philadelphia Eagles game.

Some fans were turned away by stadium staff at the entrance to restrooms while others were told they could use some bathrooms without flushing.

Heinz Field stadium director Jimmie Sacco told KDKA-TV last night that the water pressure dropped from a city main line.

Christine Gaughan, a fan from Brentwood, said the toilets on an upper level wouldn't flush and the water fountains weren't working.

She said she then went to the first level and again there was no pressure.

The problem occurred in the men's restrooms as well.

Mark Currie, of Hopewell, who also attended the game, said the men's restroom he used had trouble with the water pressure.

He said the urinals were open but the stalls were closed.

It was unclear how many bathrooms were affected.

Officials said the football players were able to shower at the end of the game.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07239/812457-66.stm

Jman
08-27-2007, 08:44 AM
What's the source of this article?

HometownGal
08-27-2007, 08:47 AM
What's the source of this article?

He listed the source as post-gazette.com. See above Jman.

Jman
08-27-2007, 08:52 AM
He listed the source as post-gazette.com. See above Jman.

:dang::dang::dang:

Sorry!

I'm surprised Al and John didn't bring it up. :bouncy:

Hmm...Kinda odd. I'd imagine this is a RARE occurence.

The Duke
08-27-2007, 09:03 AM
Nothing big compared to what happened to the Brownies stadium recently :coffee:

Ohio Steeler
08-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Nothing big compared to what happened to the Brownies stadium recently :coffee:
and think we have to play there in week 1:yawn:

83-Steelers-43
08-27-2007, 09:25 AM
Yeah, that was a blast to deal with last night. Lines to the urinals at halftime ended at Parkersburg, WV. It was bad enough we had to deal with the normal "preseason idiot fans" in our section. Not fun. Thankfully that will change come September 16.

memphissteelergirl
08-27-2007, 09:42 AM
I am sure that this can be fixed within the next couple of weeks.

83-Steelers-43
08-27-2007, 09:46 AM
I am sure that this can be fixed within the next couple of weeks.

If not, we will just have to do what we did in Three Rivers..........use the sinks. :tt02:

memphissteelergirl
08-27-2007, 09:50 AM
If not, we will just have to do what we did in Three Rivers..........use the sinks. :tt02:

Ewwwwwww!

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Yeah, that was a blast to deal with last night. Lines to the urinals at halftime ended at Parkersburg, WV. It was bad enough we had to deal with the normal "preseason idiot fans" in our section. Not fun. Thankfully that will change come September 16.

And they have a few weeks to correct the problem.

Edman
08-27-2007, 11:52 AM
It could've been worse. The sewage line could've exploded. God forbid.

Then imagine the lines for #2's...

Stlrs4Life
08-27-2007, 11:53 AM
We didn't have a problem in our section.

Ohio Steeler
08-27-2007, 12:46 PM
It could've been worse. The sewage line could've exploded. God forbid.

Then imagine the lines for #2's...

na that only happens in Cleveland, and then they set the lake on fire to get ride of it :flap:

SteelerFanInCA
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
What a torturous combination. Beer vendors selling beer and bathrooms that don't work. :smile::monkey:

Ohio Steeler
08-27-2007, 04:00 PM
What a torturous combination. Beer vendors selling beer and bathrooms that don't work. :smile::monkey:

sounds like something you would see at a bungals or clowns home game :cheers: :toofunny:

onthebus36
08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Back in the day, when the Colts were still in Baltimore, I went to a game at old Memorial Stadium. They had those long urinal troughs and they were completely full because the drains were backed up. Guys were still going (when ya gotto go...right?) so there were these waterfalls of urine cascading out of the troughs and flowing into the stadium.

When we go to the car, my dad made me through my shoes away.

Disgusting...