PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate questions

Bandwagon Tourist
08-27-2007, 04:30 PM
Hey Steeler fans

Me and a buddy are coming from Canada for the home opener. I was curious if anybody had any advice where to go before and after the game. In K.C. they had a beer tent at Arrowhead that was all you can eat and drink for $20. Is there something similar to that in Pitt? I've been surfing the net and it looks like I'll be spending the majority of my weekend in Hi Topps. Is that a fairly safe place/area?

Thanks in advance

SteelersHoss
08-27-2007, 09:14 PM
Hey Steeler fans

Me and a buddy are coming from Canada for the home opener. I was curious if anybody had any advice where to go before and after the game. In K.C. they had a beer tent at Arrowhead that was all you can eat and drink for $20. Is there something similar to that in Pitt? I've been surfing the net and it looks like I'll be spending the majority of my weekend in Hi Topps. Is that a fairly safe place/area?

Thanks in advance

Whereabouts from Canada???

Bandwagon Tourist
08-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Winnipeg. I didn't notice the tailgate thread before I posted. I'm trying to hit a different city every year. I was hoping to catch a Pirates game but they're out of town.

SteelCityMan786
08-27-2007, 11:20 PM
Keep your eyes pealed out for stlrs4life's announcement prior to every steelers home game. he runs the official tailgate.

stillhead
08-29-2007, 10:01 AM
my god i wish there was something like that in pittsburgh. $20 all you can eat and drink. :cheers:

SteelersHoss
08-29-2007, 04:10 PM
where' you boys staying??? My wife and I are coming in from Ontario

Bandwagon Tourist
08-30-2007, 12:29 PM
Comfort Inn Conference Center but I'll probably be on a bar stool for most of the time. Hi Topps seems like a safe place for 2 ,40 yr. old married guys to go. After looking through this site I'm also looking forward to trying one of those Primanti sandwiches. How pathetic is that?

SteelersHoss
08-30-2007, 05:14 PM
they are fantastic. MMM, cannot wait till i get my next onein me

Jhulie
09-02-2007, 09:58 AM
I'm bringing a few friends down from Ontario, staying downtown Saturday night, and we'll be looking for a few cold ones on game day. How early do Steeler fans start? ... and where the best tailgate?

SteelersHoss
09-03-2007, 08:06 AM
I'm bringing a few friends down from Ontario, staying downtown Saturday night, and we'll be looking for a few cold ones on game day. How early do Steeler fans start? ... and where the best tailgate?

Hey man, I live in Kitchener, We should get a local fan club started. Anyways, look for Dom's thread soon about opening day. Good times. Have fun and grab a sandwich at Primani's. MMMM

Jhulie
09-03-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm definately looking for a Primanti's Cheese Steak! Thanks for the tailgate info. I'll honk if I see you on the QEW.

Stlrs4Life
09-06-2007, 09:47 PM
Wow, alot of Canadiens coming to the home opener, eh?

By the way, Go Pens! And thanks for Mario and Crosby!

boomor
09-13-2007, 11:55 AM
I am coming up from SC and would like to find someone to hang with prior to the 49ers game. We are stating at the Doubletree hotel and thought about just walking instead of getting a parking pass. I have never been to a NFL game before (only college) and I have alway been able to find people to tailgate with. I did not know though, if I do not have a pass to get into a parking place, can we walk in???? Any advice would be great. I know I brought this up a couple of months ago and it was suggested to wait until closer to the game and someone would most likely be accommodating!

Mortysteelman
09-19-2007, 11:53 AM
Hey Steelers Fans,
We are also Canadians coming for our first game and wanting to enjoy the tailgate experience. We have tickets for the 49ers game and will not be parking in the lot but staying near by. Can we just bring a case of beer and pay for our food? Are walk ins welcome or do we need a specific invite to join the party?
:cheers: