PDA

View Full Version : Should we trade Starks?

TasmanianTroy271
08-27-2007, 07:23 PM
I just saw on ESPN that Oliver Ross, OT over in Arizona, is out for the season. We all know Whis and Grimm would be interested in Max, and we're pretty much 50-50 with him and Willie Colon. Maybe for a next year draft pick or another player? What do you guys think?

xXTheSteelKingsXx
08-27-2007, 07:26 PM
I wouldn't have a problem with it. Although being that we have already finished camp and are making our roster cuts we would definitly have to get a draft pick for him. I'd be willing to give him up for a third round pick, if anything just to clear up a little cap room.

revefsreleets
08-27-2007, 07:33 PM
No.

Preacher
08-27-2007, 07:39 PM
i say trade him. It also gives us room in the rostewr for kreider.

Atlanta Dan
08-27-2007, 07:42 PM
Starks is gone after this year but having complete stiff Trai Essex and Alan ("I Am A Victim") Faneca as the backups to Colon and Smith at tackle would seem to be wiping out any margin for injury or error with the OL this season.

Mosca
08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
Naw. The line is going to be OK. Remember that BR has only had a few weeks calling out the blocking assignments. Once he gets the hang of it the line will be fine.

Tom

tony hipchest
08-27-2007, 07:45 PM
if we can get a 2nd round pick, a jar of cactus jelly, and one of them cool, abstract lithographs of the silouetted coyote howling at the moon, we should trade them faneca, okolbi AND starks!

:sofunny:

(im with dan and mosca) the "trade our linemen to arizona" ship has sailed long ago.

Jman
08-27-2007, 08:01 PM
i think it's a smart move to trade him.

The Duke
08-27-2007, 08:04 PM
If we get a 3rd or 2nd, which I doubt, yeah, but we need him at least for depth so no

MasterOfPuppets
08-27-2007, 08:08 PM
its never going to happen so don't get your hopes up people....:coffee:

delhess
08-27-2007, 08:27 PM
lets get him some of #22's gray sweats and a box of dominos, and put him somewhere on the depth chart.......hopefully that's as much action as he's gonna see.

Preacher
08-27-2007, 09:35 PM
I know we need a good backup. BUt I don't know, Since we are losing Fanaca next year, wouldn't it be better to trade Starks now, get a draft pick... and create a roster spot for a young player as well?

In reality however, this is the Steelers, there won't be a trade. Period.

verks36
08-27-2007, 09:40 PM
if we can get a 2nd round pick, a jar of cactus jelly, and one of them cool, abstract lithographs of the silouetted coyote howling at the moon, we should trade them faneca, okolbi AND starks!

(im with dan and mosca) the "trade our linemen to arizona" ship has sailed long ago.

HA lol

tony all your posts crack me up:toofunny:

SteelShooter
08-27-2007, 10:25 PM
i say trade him. It also gives us room in the rostewr for kreider.

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

nicesteel4life
08-27-2007, 11:17 PM
Kreider is safe! Max is Safe! trust me, you cant have no backups for the line. Trust me on this Pittsburgh aint going to trade anybody, not there style. They will just be cut! We all know thats true! Dont lie to yourself.

Galax Steeler
08-28-2007, 03:42 AM
Trade him.

rbryan
08-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Too late to trade him now. No depth on the line as is. I think losing his starting role will light a fire under him, not to mention the fact he is playing for a contract next year.

Faneca scares me, I'm not saying he is taking a dive, but he looked pretty suspect on several plays the other night. (WP's fumble on the goal line for one)
His heart isn't in it, at least not in these preseason games.

ChronoCross
08-28-2007, 03:01 PM
Doubt he gets traded even tho I would love to see him gone. But still we need depth and most likely a trade like that would not happen till after this season is over. As long as Starks is on this roster and we have no one to replace him at backup and he gets chances to play, there is always a sack coming from his side.

Preacher
08-28-2007, 03:04 PM
Too late to trade him now. No depth on the line as is. I think losing his starting role will light a fire under him, not to mention the fact he is playing for a contract next year.

Faneca scares me, I'm not saying he is taking a dive, but he looked pretty suspect on several plays the other night. (WP's fumble on the goal line for one)
His heart isn't in it, at least not in these preseason games.

Your absolutely right about Fanaca... He just may play himself out of a big contract:thumbsup:.

On the other hand... I say we trade Starks for a used puck bag. (come on people... give me the movie reference!)

Dylan
08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
I would trade starks cause hes been dissappointing but he still has a lot of potential which could lead to a late 2nd or 3rd round pick maybe

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2007, 03:46 PM

cactus jelly ??? :wtf:

Stlrs4Life
08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
I would love to trade him, but we are already weak there, not weak but thin at OL.

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2007, 04:34 PM
You can't trade a piece when you don't have anything to replace it with. While I'm not a Starks fan, we do not have many other options at this point in time. Trading him would not be smart in opinion.

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I say we trade Starks for a used puck bag. (come on people... give me the movie reference!)

"What did the old man trade for these a-holes, a used puck bag?" - Slap Shot :toofunny:

Classic.

Preacher
08-29-2007, 03:09 AM
Makes me proud to know you know that quote 83!!

What are you guys doing?

Putting on the foil!

onthebus36
08-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Makes me proud to know you know that quote 83!!

What are you guys doing?

Putting on the foil!

You beat me to it. "Putting on the foil!"

Regarding Starks, I got his autograph at Fan Blitz so he's pretty much gone by next season. Any Steeler who's autograph or jersey I get is gone within a year.

But seriously, regarding a trade, we need him for depth right now. Like others, I'm hoping the demotion fires him up and makes him play up to his potential. We he wants to be, he can be dominant. (Unfortunately, he doesn't always want to be.)