PDA

View Full Version : Marvin Lewis- Coaching Genius

tony hipchest
08-27-2007, 09:18 PM
13-14 in the 2nd quarter with about 5 minutes left and instead of kicking an extra point for a tie, he goes for 2.

:dang:

dumbest on field coaching decision ever!

this explains so much. i eagerly await the weak assed justifications of this completely retarded move that absolutely no-one makes in football. (pre season or not)

thanks though rev. attny. cpl. warden marv. :thumbsup:

i absolutely have no worries about how mike tomlin will make "in game" decisions on sundays when the bullets are flying.

he can be the worst coach ever and i will still know hes better than lewis.

i guess if joey harrington and the worst wr corps in the league are torching your defense what do you have to lose....?

OTHER THAN YOUR JOB!

oh thats right. he works for mike brown :toofunny:

CantStop85
08-27-2007, 09:36 PM
13-14 in the 2nd quarter with about 5 minutes left and instead of kicking an extra point for a tie, he goes for 2.

:dang:

dumbest on field coaching decision ever!

this explains so much. i eagerly await the weak assed justifications of this completely retarded move that absolutely no-one makes in football. (pre season or not)

Shayne Graham was injured (hip-pointer), so the Bengals don't have a kicker to kick extra points, thus they must go for 2 for the remainder of the game. :cheers:

The Duke
08-27-2007, 09:38 PM
Shayne Graham was injured (hip-pointer), so the Bengals don't have a kicker to kick extra points, thus they must go for 2 for the remainder of the game. :cheers:

Can't they use the punter?

CantStop85
08-27-2007, 09:43 PM
Can't they use the punter?

They could, and presumably would if it were a regular season game...but since it's only a preseason game and Kyle Larson (the punter) is actually the holder on PAT's, that would leave them without a holder...basically, easier to just go for 2.

Preacher
08-27-2007, 09:56 PM
If Carson palmer was a real football player... he could have done it!

stillers4me
08-27-2007, 10:13 PM
The Vickless Falcons beat the Ben-girls.

The one blessing about hearing a 3 hour nonstop news conference about Michael Vick (with a football game in the background) was they forgot to pay homage to Carson Palmer. (who, BTW, looked mighty spiffy in his Big Ben inspired beard)

They did mention that Manning (the Peyton one), Brady and Palmer were the three elite QB's in the NFL today.

ummmmmmm.............can anyone tell me how many playoff games the elite striped one has won?
Didn't think so.

The Duke
08-27-2007, 10:19 PM
They did mention that Manning (the Peyton one), Brady and Palmer were the three elite QB's in the NFL today.

ummmmmmm.............can anyone tell me how many playoff games the elite striped one has won?
Didn't think so.

Remember he was the Pro Bowl MVP :wink02:

stillers4me
08-27-2007, 10:20 PM
Remember he was the Pro Bowl MVP :wink02:

How could I forget?? :dang:

tony hipchest
08-27-2007, 10:28 PM
They could, and presumably would if it were a regular season game...but since it's only a preseason game and Kyle Larson (the punter) is actually the holder on PAT's, that would leave them without a holder...basically, easier to just go for 2.great roster management there marv. :thumbsup:

i hate to give kudos to belichick, but not only does he keep a qb who can make an extra point, he has one who can drop it off the ground and kick it in!

lol. more proof that the bungles will never be prepared to win a playoff game. let alone to win it all. an injured kicker? :sofunny:

he mustve been "pulling his groin" a little too much during practice.

but on a positive note i gotta give props to chad johnson. he got so deep into deangellos head, he had him carving the words "i own u" into his hair. more proof that dumb defeats dumber. then again old man ward outran dee hall with one shoe and a floppy sock.

i gues d-ang is just a legend in his ofn feeble mind.

congrats chad! :thumbsup: now go check your box and chalk it up as a win despite your dumbass coach.

Atlanta Dan
08-28-2007, 07:27 AM
The Vickless Falcons beat the Ben-girls.

The one blessing about hearing a 3 hour nonstop news conference about Michael Vick (with a football game in the background) was they forgot to pay homage to Carson Palmer. (who, BTW, looked mighty spiffy in his Big Ben inspired beard)

Didn't think so.

In Kornheiser's defense, he did challenge Jaws on Palmer being one of the top 3 QBs in the a game today. That nugget by Jaws still is not as outrageous as Peter King claiming if he could pick any player in the league with which to start a franchise he would select Palmer.

The mancrush some of these media types have on Palmer makes me wonder if they have his poster on their bedroom walls.

rbryan
08-28-2007, 10:54 AM
IMO, Palmer is playing scared. He watches the rush more than his receivers. Last night on more than one occasion he unloaded the ball earlier than he had to for an incompletion as Douchalota wasn't looking for the ball yet. Then he went over to said Douchbag and showed him up by putting the blame on him. I love it.

CP is soft, no surprise, he takes on the demeanor of a HC who coaches,walks, and talks like a girl.

LadyVader
08-28-2007, 11:50 AM
That nugget by Jaws still is not as outrageous as Peter King claiming if he could pick any player in the league with which to start a franchise he would select Palmer.

I still can't believe Peter King's comment what happened to his love affair for the goldenboy Tom Brady.

alittlejazzbird
08-28-2007, 11:53 AM
In Kornheiser's defense, he did challenge Jaws on Palmer being one of the top 3 QBs in the a game today. That nugget by Jaws still is not as outrageous as Peter King claiming if he could pick any player in the league with which to start a franchise he would select Palmer.

There's a lot about Tony Kornheiser on MNF that irritates me (though he has definitely improved over last season), but I was applauding the TV last night when he stood up to Jaworski.

What IS it with these guys and Carson Palmer? I'm sorry, but to put him, and ONLY him, in an elite league with Manning and Brady, and implying that there's those three and then everyone else down below, is ridiculous.

What excuses will they make for Carson THIS year when the Bengals don't make the playoffs?

I'm not implying that Ben belongs as the third of the top three (not yet, anyway), but let's see here....

Ben Roethlisberger starts out 13-0 (as a starter); leads his team to the AFC Championship in his rookie season and a Super Bowl win in his second season (playing a major role during the playoff run), and is a big part of the reason why, despite nearly losing his life in the off-season, his team managed to finish 6-2 in his third season to salvage an 8-8 record; and his three-season record as a starter is something like 35-12, but he's not an elite quarterback, he's merely a "game manager".....

Carson Palmer sits on the bench his first year (OK, not his doing, I understand that), leads his team to exactly one losing playoff appearance, has a record as a starter of 27-21 (including two 8-8 seasons), but he belongs right up there with Peyton Manning and Tom Brady.

Usually we get the tired old "Ben had more weapons around him" excuse, but why is it that every year we hear from the experts how loaded the Bengals are with offensive weapons, and yet they keep falling short of anything resembling post-season success?

I know we've debated all this ad nauseam, but I just get so SICK of the Carson Palmer lovefest. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

TackleMeBen
08-28-2007, 12:15 PM
The mancrush some of these media types have on Palmer makes me wonder if they have his poster on their bedroom walls.

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u251/beautifulgirl427/prodthumbs.jpg

CantStop85
08-28-2007, 01:12 PM
IMO, Palmer is playing scared. He watches the rush more than his receivers.
I noticed that he was making a few throws a little bit earlier than he needed to last night, but then again it's preseason, why risk getting injured to make a play? I don't think he exactly had full confidence in the o-line with 3 backups in it. He didn't rush his throws during the regular season last year even after the injury, so I think it'll still be a non-issue this year.

Last night on more than one occasion he unloaded the ball earlier than he had to for an incompletion as Douchalota wasn't looking for the ball yet. Then he went over to said Douchbag and showed him up by putting the blame on him. I love it.
That play was TJ's fault...Carson had checked down after he saw the blitz at the line, but TJ never changed his route. TJ was supposed to run a short comeback but instead kept running the original route. Therefore TJ never turned around to look for the ball and it was an incompletion. Carson said something to him about it after the play, but it was far from "showing him up".

rbryan
08-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Your boy Douch didn't look too happy about the conversation. He apparently didn't think it was his fault. He was shaking his head in disgust on a few other plays as well

Crushzilla
08-28-2007, 01:48 PM
I was watching at a bar.

Did Kornheiser say who he thought was in the top 3 other than Palmer?

alittlejazzbird
08-28-2007, 01:56 PM
I was watching at a bar.

Who else? - Manning and Brady.

Atlanta Dan
08-28-2007, 01:57 PM
I was watching at a bar.

I recall Tony's point was the top two are not living in the same neighborhood as anyone else but I specifically recall Tony K. asking how Palmer outranked Brees.

OneForTheToe
08-28-2007, 02:21 PM

It's a "fat head,."