PDA

View Full Version : Ward breaks his nose

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2007, 04:18 PM
Steelers' Ward breaks nose, but may not be sidelined
By The Associated Press
Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward had surgery today to repair a broken nose, but it isn't expected to prevent him from playing in the Sept. 9 opener at Cleveland.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that he hasn't ruled Ward out of Thursday night's exhibition game at Carolina, when the starters are expected to play one quarter.

"Hines is Hines. I wouldn't count Hines out," Tomlin said of the Steelers' career leader in receptions. "He's a player-coach in my mind. He's not a guy you need to worry about being up at game time."

Ward apparently sustained the injury during Pittsburgh's 27-13 victory over the Eagles on Sunday night. Ward did not disclose the injury after the game, when he talked to reporters at length with no apparent pain.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/s_524566.html

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Anybody see this happen? When I was at the game I did not see him on the sidelines bleeding or on the jumbotron. On what play?

The Duke
08-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Ward is tough, hopefully he can handle it

Dylan
08-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Ward will be back on the field in no time

Virginia Steeler
08-28-2007, 05:18 PM
only Hines Ward could hide a broken nose....tough as nails

Ohio Steeler
08-28-2007, 05:20 PM

for sure

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Nevermind, talked to a buddy who was home watching the game and he told me that he saw somebody on the Steelers MS checking his nose for blood at some point in the first half.

dustyblades
08-28-2007, 05:25 PM
I feel like a dunce for never having gone to see him while he was at Georgia. On the other hand, a pal of mine saw him play in high school and college. We were supposed to go to complete the triumvirate last year in Atlanta but our plans fell apart. Hines is the man.

FOOTEupyourarse
08-28-2007, 05:31 PM
i saw him get hit in the face during the game. he got up and just felt his nose and kept going. thats what i call a warrior!

fansince'76
08-28-2007, 05:39 PM
I have always gotten a kick out of watching him just get clocked when going over the middle for a pass, still hanging onto the ball, and getting up with a huge grin on his face. :chuckle: I agree, Hines is the man.

Mosca
08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
"Player-coach". Now THERE is a thought. I wonder if Hines could go into coaching after his career is over?

Tom

tony hipchest
08-28-2007, 05:46 PM
i didnt see him get hurt in the game. i think he was just driving a black lambroghini and wrapped it around a pole last night at 3:15.

Steel_Bus_24
08-28-2007, 06:27 PM
man that sucks, but hes a warrior....he'll be good to go

delhess
08-28-2007, 06:52 PM
i didnt see him get hurt in the game. i think he was just driving a black lambroghini and wrapped it around a pole last night at 3:15.

alway serious and insightful tony :salute::salute::salute:

alittlejazzbird
08-28-2007, 07:47 PM
"Player-coach". Now THERE is a thought. I wonder if Hines could go into coaching after his career is over?

He's one of those guys who will have a lot of different options when his playing days are over, incuding coaching; he's smart, reasonably articulate, nice looking (which I mention in case he wants to do TV), and very personable. Not to mention that he's highly respected by most NFL players and coaches. Apparently he's practically an assistant coach now, the way he mentors and advises the other receivers.

I broke my nose in a car accident many years ago, and for almost a month, it hurt just to walk - the vibrations made my whole face hurt. I can't imagine what it would feel like to run, block, and get hit.

Hines is one tough dude...and he's been my favorite Steeler since his first day.

SteelCityMan786
08-28-2007, 08:01 PM
I might only give Hines 1 series on Thursday if we play him.

revefsreleets
08-28-2007, 08:14 PM
What if Ocho Stinko broke his nose? I expect events might have unfolded a little differently. First, there would have been a dramatic injury scene, stopping play for 15 minutes while Chad rolled around on the ground and, in true Marsha Brady fashion, continued to scream over and over "Oh, my nose!" Then he would have gotten up and done a special "I broke my nose" dance to commemorate the moment. There would probably be an assault in the locker room on either a coach, a trainer, a medic, or perhaps all three at once. He would probably have a special gold nose replacement crafted to match his super classy teef, and I'm sure there would be a press conference in which Chad waves and calls out to his imaginary friend Hugh. Other than those couple of tiny differences he would have handled things, you know, pretty much the same as Hines did.

The Duke
08-28-2007, 08:20 PM
What if Ocho Stinko broke his nose? I expect events might have unfolded a little differently. First, there would have been a dramatic injury scene, stopping play for 15 minutes while Chad rolled around on the ground and, in true Marsha Brady fashion, continued to scream over and over "Oh, my nose!" Then he would have gotten up and done a special "I broke my nose" dance to commemorate the moment. There would probably be an assault in the locker room on either a coach, a trainer, a medic, or perhaps all three at once. He would probably have a special gold nose replacement crafted to match his super classy teef, and I'm sure there would be a press conference in which Chad waves and calls out to his imaginary friend Hugh. Other than those couple of tiny differences he would have handled things, you know, pretty much the same as Hines did.

:sofunny: All that is true

tony hipchest
08-28-2007, 08:53 PM
:sofunny:

Poor Oucho! would headline the 'nati newspapers

ZIGGY0246
08-28-2007, 10:10 PM
yes the harder Hines is hit the bigger the grin is on his face as if to say you think that hurt try harder next time

verks36
08-28-2007, 10:14 PM
at least it isnt a hammy or even worse

He should be fine no worries from me

delhess
08-28-2007, 10:23 PM

you are sooooo right. how DOES cincinnati get all the class? it must be the ohio nightlife?

Galax Steeler
08-29-2007, 04:53 AM
He's tough no need to worry.

TackleMeBen
08-29-2007, 11:47 AM
i agree that hines is a great player.. i only have one thing against him...........he went to georgia...:banging: i went to georgia tech :thumbsup:

rbryan
08-29-2007, 12:49 PM
Maybe he did it on the long screen play to Kreider, the one where he buried all pro Brian Dawkins on a down field block. (Dawkins didn't look much like an all pro on that play lol ) I'm not sure if anyone else noticed but his style is rubbing off on Nate Washington. I noticed NW getting after the Philly DB's all night.

Hines is the toughest WR in the league, bar none.

HometownGal
08-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Hines will be just fine - he's a trooper. :thumbsup:

At the Steelers Kickoff Luncheon today, all of the WRs were wearing breathe-right strips on their noses to jag Hines - it was priceless! :toofunny:

steelersfanmx
08-29-2007, 05:26 PM

At the Steelers Kickoff Luncheon today, all of the WRs were wearing breathe-right strips on their noses to jag Hines - it was priceless! :toofunny:

I agree.. Hines its a true man of steel!:helmet:

Preacher
08-29-2007, 05:46 PM

That is hilarious!!!

Preacher
08-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Here is some help for you all.............

HInes Ward before nose surgery...........

http://www.wqed.org/mag/features/0105/img/hinesward.jpg

Hines After Surgery!!!!!

http://www.chroniclejournal.com/includes/CP_stories/60/60659.jpg

Hope you get better Hines!!!!

HometownGal
08-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Here is some help for you all.............

HInes Ward before nose surgery...........

http://www.wqed.org/mag/features/0105/img/hinesward.jpg

Hines After Surgery!!!!!

http://www.chroniclejournal.com/includes/CP_stories/60/60659.jpg

Hope you get better Hines!!!!

OMG - I've been blinded for life! :jawdrop::horror:

I wouldn't wish that paper mache nose on anyone - not even a Bungle.

steelersfanmx
08-29-2007, 06:07 PM
hahaha! you are mean.. preacher!...:sofunny::toofunny:

Preacher
08-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Actually...

I saw it on a Browns board....

but I thought it was funny enough.... and after all, we gotta laugh at ourselves as well!!

Stillers33
08-29-2007, 06:49 PM

true that

tony hipchest
08-29-2007, 07:10 PM
Actually...

I saw it on a Browns board....

but I thought it was funny enough.... and after all, we gotta laugh at ourselves as well!!

next time, be sure to wipe off your shoes when you come home from a browns board :poop:

seriously, how did hines break his nose? my theory is he approached faneca on the sideline and said

ok, alan, its time we shut our mouths and play some ball (like a true leader)

after which he promptly got socked.

:hunch:

:chuckle:

NV STEELERS 723
08-30-2007, 01:06 AM
He broke his nose on the play he was smiling...oh wait/,,,,, he's always smiling!!!!

TackleMeBen
08-30-2007, 12:06 PM
thanks Preacher... now i will be singing whacko jacko songs all day after seeing that...:banging:

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-30-2007, 03:42 PM

Your not kidding...Anybody remember our commentators saying that Hinds was "tougher than woodpecker lips" during the Broncos playoff game?

Preacher
08-30-2007, 04:37 PM
thanks Preacher... now i will be singing whacko jacko songs all day after seeing that...:banging:

LOL.... Let me help!

rT90keJ51bY