PDA

View Full Version : Pat Kirwan & Tim Ryan pick the steelers...

tony hipchest
08-28-2007, 05:10 PM
...to win the afc north. the hosts of "moving the chains" on sirius radio are both calling for around 10-6, 11-5. kirwan doesnt think the ravens can repeat.

today a caller was trying to figure out why the bengals are so overrated and that their weak defense excuse was lame. he pointed out that their offense only scored 30+ 4 times and their defense held teams to below 20 on a number of occasions.

tim ryan pointed out "the bengals flat out suck on third downs, thats right, they SUCK". :toofunny: good stuff.

BUT the real interresting nugget is that kirwan was at the cbs executives meeting last week with all the other sportscasters (including cowher). he said he had to "talk ball" with the coach at length. cowher told him the one player (im not sure if they were just discussing young players) he absolutely loves is willie colon. he loves his toughness.

MasterOfPuppets
08-28-2007, 05:15 PM

cowher told him the one player (im not sure if they were just discussing young players) he absolutely loves is willie colon. he loves his toughness. yeah but apparently cowher seen something in okolbi that seems to elude everyone else.....:hunch:

Kaeg
08-28-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm just glad SOMEONE is giving us a little love....

Hammer67
08-28-2007, 05:37 PM
...to win the afc north. the hosts of "moving the chains" on sirius radio are both calling for around 10-6, 11-5. kirwan doesnt think the ravens can repeat.

today a caller was trying to figure out why the bengals are so overrated and that their weak defense excuse was lame. he pointed out that their offense only scored 30+ 4 times and their defense held teams to below 20 on a number of occasions.

tim ryan pointed out "the bengals flat out suck on third downs, thats right, they SUCK". :toofunny: good stuff.

BUT the real interresting nugget is that kirwan was at the cbs executives meeting last week with all the other sportscasters (including cowher). he said he had to "talk ball" with the coach at length. cowher told him the one player (im not sure if they were just discussing young players) he absolutely loves is willie colon. he loves his toughness.

Good find.....I can't wait to hear what Cowher has to say now that he's an analyst! Maybe we can get more then the canned pieces of bull shit he has been spouting at every press conference for, oh, the last 10 year so so! :sofunny:

FastWillieParker39
08-28-2007, 05:38 PM

So does John Madden. Before the Eagles/Steelers game Sunday, Al Michaels was talking about the graph of the Steelers was always up, then last year it went down. He then asked Madden "So do you think the graph stays at down or goes back up?" Madden responded "I think the graph goes up" then he went on how Ben went through a lot last year and how he looks like the old Ben in training camp.

delhess
08-28-2007, 05:45 PM
movin the chain is the best show, on the best channel, on "the best radio on radio" (sirius)

yeah i heard that today also and was trying to record it. (i have my sirius routed into my pc) but i missed it. i hope to record some clips from MTC to post on here somehow in the future. those guys have given us a lot of love. i really liked what they said again about tomlin. that gets me really fired up.

Dylan
08-28-2007, 08:14 PM
It about time we get some love

83-Steelers-43
08-28-2007, 08:27 PM
And here I thought there was a nation wide media conspiracy against the Steelers......:confused::hunch::huh:

delhess
08-28-2007, 08:35 PM
tim ryan was talking about what a great decision tomlin was, way back when the only thing i knew about tomlin was what he said in the first press conference.

ryan has been talking about what a great ship tomlin will run and how the defense will actually be bound to IMPROVE under tomlin.

i don't know if we realize it completely yet, but i believe we have a hell of a coach, and if you listen to movin the chains enough, you are sure to hear them say the same things every time he comes up.

SteelCityMan786
08-28-2007, 08:43 PM

Let all the haters hate now, we'll be showing them up come the start of the season.

Atlanta Dan
08-28-2007, 09:36 PM
yeah but apparently cowher seen something in okolbi that seems to elude everyone else.....:hunch:

It certainly eludes Ed.B. of the P-G - Ed thinks Mahan has the center job and that Okobi will be cut to save the $2 million.

GutterflowerSteel
08-29-2007, 11:17 AM
T-Rock and PK have the best show on Sirius NFL radio. They don't really drink ANYone's kool aid, and are pretty objective in their analyzation. I heard what they said about the Bengals yesterday - got a good laugh out of it :tt02: Even Adam & Soly have kind of backed off on the Bengals - Adam said he could see them going 8-8 this year :flap: They're making their picks on Labor Day Monday - sounds like Soly may pick the Steelers to win the division.

Virginia Steeler
08-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Sirius might be the greatest purchase I have ever made....I love it....I can't listen to anything on regular radio anymore....

TackleMeBen
08-29-2007, 11:34 AM
I love MTC its one of the best shows on sirius. but i am upset that they picked us to win the division... i was hoping we would be picked last so when we did kick butt they would be like where did that come from??? ..lol

onthebus36
08-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Even Adam & Soly have kind of backed off on the Bengals - Adam said he could see them going 8-8 this year :

I think the Bengals could definitely go 8-8. They are an 8-8 team. For all the hype that team gets, they've gone 8-8 three of the last four seasons and that's with Palmer and Marvin Lewis. However, most analysts seem blinded by their offensive weapons and look right past there sub-par defense. (However, Peter King even recently said "Don't take the Bengals D" as a fantasy tip.)

In the Philly game, we were having some problems with blitzes in the first quarter so we went to screens and slants and were killing them. I couldn't help but think Cowher would have stuck to pounding the ball. I like what I've seen from Tomlin so far and can't wait for the season to start.

delhess
08-29-2007, 11:56 AM
Sirius might be the greatest purchase I have ever made....I love it....I can't listen to anything on regular radio anymore....

right on! i remember when sat radio came out i thought "who would pay $12 a month to listen to the radio?" now, if i ever go back to the am sports radio, i have bad flashbacks of listening to jim rome, just waiting for someone to say something significant about the steelers. sirius is the only way to go. no more christmas vacations in vermont just wishing i could find a way to see or hear a game :)

TackleMeBen
08-29-2007, 12:06 PM
right on! i remember when sat radio came out i thought "who would pay $12 a month to listen to the radio?" now, if i ever go back to the am sports radio, i have bad flashbacks of listening to jim rome, just waiting for someone to say something significant about the steelers. sirius is the only way to go. no more christmas vacations in vermont just wishing i could find a way to see or hear a game :)

delhess, i love the new sig :thumbsup:

the only time i listen to am sports radio is to hear jim rome. i love rome..... other than that i listen to my sirius :smile:

delhess
08-29-2007, 12:44 PM
hope this works...

here's a clip from mtc : aired about an hour ago. josh booty talking about ben.... wait till you hear who he compares him to!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/33748677cea640/

fansince'76
08-29-2007, 12:51 PM
hope this works...

here's a clip from mtc : aired about an hour ago. josh booty talking about ben.... wait till you hear who he compares him to!

http://www.zshare.net/audio/33748677cea640/

My firewall here at work is blocking it, so I'll take a guess - Elway? That is who Ben reminds me of the most.

delhess
08-29-2007, 12:55 PM
he actually say's arians will run an offense sort of like the colts and ben is a good pocket qb, the same style as manning. also mentions that willie's running game will give that pocket offense a shot in the arm. (i'm paraphrasing)

onthebus36
08-30-2007, 08:18 AM
In his NFL.com column, Kirwan also lists the Steelers among the top teams in the AFC.

"1. Have the Colts become the latest Super Bowl winner to get dismantled?

Remember when the Ravens beat the Giants in the Super Bowl down in Tampa? A few months later you couldn't recognize that Ravens team. It looked like a liquidation sale. If any one player can overcome the number of players removed from a roster and return to the big game, it is Peyton Manning. But even he is facing a big challenge. Especially when it looks like the other top teams in the AFC appear to be stronger than last year. New England, Pittsburgh and San Diego all look like they have closed the gap with the Colts."

The full article is at: http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story?id=09000d5d801edb35&template=without-video&confirm=true

delhess
08-30-2007, 11:08 AM
here's another clip from this morning.... another breakdoown on ben and good remarks about the steelers, about how ben looked in camp. can you say 10X better pk??

http://www.zshare.net/audio/338992101c9e4a/

lamberts-lost-tooth
08-30-2007, 12:30 PM
Mmmmmmmm...not yet Tony....I am liking the "underdog" tag. I hope we come out this year and punch some teams in the nose. Let them underestimate us....please.

....you have made me a TOTAL Kirwan convert....I have always appreciated him....but ...wow....he really does have his own "analysis" and could care less about what the talking heads think.

Tankus_Maximus
08-31-2007, 12:17 AM
It's encouraging to hear all the high praise the media is giving Tomlin & his staff, I haven't been able to catch much of the preseason, so this eases the concern.

Not sure if anybody mentioned it, but Chris Collinsworth did a call-in to Jim Rome today, and the conversation got underway when Rome asked what CC was up to, CC mentioned that he was watching video of the Steelers/Eagles game. Rome asked CC his thoughts on the Steelers, and CC said "very very good". CC went on about Ben and the accident, and how he was rushed back, how he couldn't understand how Willie Parker DID NOT play at NC. In a nutshell CC said that the Steelers were "the team to beat in their division". (I'm paraphrasing)

Hmm, seems the Black & Gold are getting some newfound love all of a sudden.

Not sure how I like that.

GO STEELERS!!!

delhess
09-04-2007, 10:31 AM
coach tomlin interview today on MTC on sirius. i will post it as soon as possible.

if you haven't been there yet, go to media section, thread "channel 124". i think that they will have coach every tuesday throughout the season, so i'll try to get them posted every week.