PDA

View Full Version : I must be mellowing out...

Suitanim
09-26-2005, 11:51 AM
...as I get older. 15 years ago, after a loss like yesterday, I would have gone to bed (even if it was a 1PM game) and not spoken to anybody about it for days. Now, I just feel bad about the loss and look forward to the next game...I mean, Hell, we played like shit and still almost won.

Even all the creepy Bungles fans gloating over our loss doesn't seem to bother me...

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2005, 03:10 PM
it still bothers me to no end.. I didnt smash a remote at the end when we lost becuz I was driving and had it on the radio.. Drives me nuts to know how close we were and couldnt finish it off. But now I have a couple weeks to mull it over and stew about it to get fired up for the chargers.

Prosdo
09-26-2005, 04:02 PM
I don't mind what other fans from other teams are saying. The Patriots played a good game and we got beat. I rather lose to the defending superbowl champs than anyone else. The only thing that bothered me was a certain fair weather Pittsburgh fan that came in my parents' bar. That's the only fans that can really get me ticked off. There are still 13 games left and I'm pretty pumped for the Chargers game.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2005, 05:38 PM
No doubt, bring on the bolts!!! We can use this time to get healthy and evaluate what we need to work on, then its time to get back to work.

BB2W
09-27-2005, 12:19 AM
I can relate... I have become a better winner and loser over the years. I think it is the final step in manhood. :grin:

Koopa
09-27-2005, 01:01 AM
well everytime i think i'm gonna mellow out i relapse and go on a crazy streak, last season against the pats when we lost i was calm most of the game but couldn't take it so i punched my burrito damn that shit went everywhere. and then in the nba finals i usually don't cuss in front of my grandparents but the pistons won game six, damn i could not hold it and said every cuss word there is. i just can't seem to stay calm when my team loses. yesterday i punched my desk a little to hard i think cause this is the longest my hand has hurted.

ironcitychef
09-27-2005, 01:54 AM
I wasn't too fired up about it. Not much love lost between the Pats and Panthers so to see them drop that one, no surprise. they love to play us and us them, and in the end, it comes down to the World champs needed a game winning drive to beat us. We don't need to reinvent everything in the next two weeks. We just need to recognize we had opportunities and the champs always seize them. That is and has been the next step for us.

Suitanim
09-27-2005, 09:13 AM
I guess I was trying to say that, win or lose, I pretty quickly put the outcome of the last game aside and look to the next game. Regular season losses are a lot easier to handle then the playoffs, though, because there is always next week...I don't handle playoff losses with quite the same amount of calm...

Ambridge
09-27-2005, 11:03 AM
I've come to realize that it's not worth getting overly upset over a loss and too excited about a win.
I just try and enjoy the games and keep an even keel.

There's too many other things in real life to be concerned with.