PDA

View Full Version : Willie Reid tonight vs Panthers

Steely Dan Tshirt
08-30-2007, 04:44 PM
imho, it's essential that reid show something tonight. he doesn't have to return it for a td, just make a move on somebody, out run sombody to the corner. i hope to see it tonight. if not i'd go with young (on the roster not as a punt returner) any other opinions?

MasterOfPuppets
08-30-2007, 05:05 PM
i dunno....i'm not so sure that reid, missing last season, won't still be looked upon as a 3rd round rookie who automaticly gets a roster spot.

tony hipchest
08-30-2007, 05:10 PM
tomlin definitely agrees.

http://news.steelers.com/MediaContent/2007/08/29/06/Coach_Tomlin_Press_Conference_8-28-07_80643.doc

Will Willie Reid return punts?

Yes.

Do you need to see something from him?

Absolutely. He put a ball on the ground. We’re going to fall short sometimes and how we respond to it is what’s going to define us. I challenged [Willie] Reid this morning in front of his peers and that’s part of it. We’ll see what he brings and I expect him to bring it because he’s a competitor.

the media is obviously scouting for other options though.

Do you look at the waiver wire?

We’re always going to be open to the opportunities that are going to make us great. The waiver wire is part of it; I don’t really have an opinion in regards to it at this point, but am definitely not opposed to it.

Does free-agent WR Tim Dwight mean anything to you?

I know Tim Dwight; he’s played a bunch of ball.

Can He still?

I don’t know, I haven’t watched him recently.
i would rather see reid succeed than have to rely on young or the waiver wire.

MasterOfPuppets
08-30-2007, 05:13 PM
tomlin definitely agrees.

i would rather see reid succeed than have to rely on young or the waiver wire.
without a doubt !!! if for no other reason than there on the hook for his contract...

Preacher
08-30-2007, 05:27 PM
without a doubt !!! if for no other reason than there on the hook for his contract...

I also agree...

but for what Reid can hopefully bring. His speed would be great. To be able to stretch both sides of the field, and then run Ward and a TE or two underneath would really open things up.

Steely Dan Tshirt
08-30-2007, 05:45 PM
i want willie to be the answer as well. i'm sure the Steelers do. if he doesn't show, at least a glimpse, of potential as a punt returner, then is he on the roster? better than young as a reciever? questions to ponder. i hope he gets his groove on and becomes a weapon. i just haven't seen any indication (yet) that he is capable.

Dylan
08-30-2007, 07:51 PM
Hopefully Reid does good and makes this team.

Stlrs4Life
08-30-2007, 08:13 PM
Well, as of tonights game so far, it isn't looking good for him.

Atlanta Dan
08-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Well, as of tonights game so far, it isn't looking good for him.

??? - did he fumble again - the box score said he had a 30 yard punt return and 23 yard KO return

fansince'76
08-30-2007, 08:44 PM
??? - did he fumble again - the box score said he had a 30 yard punt return and 23 yard KO return

Nope, no muffs and he actually sounds like a NFL KR tonight - I'm forced to listen to a NC radio station's webstream of it, so I didn't see either return.

The Duke
08-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Willie's being great tonight, I trust he will be out returner this season. And he also caught a pass so that should get his stock up

jjpro11
08-30-2007, 09:47 PM
i think willie has locked himself in with a roster spot.

Preacher
08-31-2007, 12:06 AM
i think willie has locked himself in with a roster spot.

Great!!!

Let's hope it carries us through!!

Galax Steeler
08-31-2007, 03:30 AM
I believe reid will make the team he looked sharp tonight.

fansince'76
08-31-2007, 09:26 AM
He started pretty well with a nice KO return and a nice punt return, but after that, he tailed off badly.

83-Steelers-43
08-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Well, he showed something last night. Here's to hoping he can do it for the next 16 games. I'm not sold after one game, but I was just happy to see him catch the ball, nevermind his return yards.

Stlrs4Life
08-31-2007, 02:13 PM
He started pretty well with a nice KO return and a nice punt return, but after that, he tailed off badly.

Exactly. 2 returns were nice, but that to me isn't good enough. But, I would keep him over Colclough back there though.

Steely Dan Tshirt
08-31-2007, 02:53 PM
he showed some life. thats what i was looking for. lets hope he can continue to get better.

steelpride12
08-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Exactly. 2 returns were nice, but that to me isn't good enough. But, I would keep him over Colclough back there though.

O no doubt i don't even think Colclough deserves to play after his silly mistake that ultimatly cost us the game against the Bungles!

Galax Steeler
09-01-2007, 06:33 AM
O no doubt i don't even think Colclough deserves to play after his silly mistake that ultimatly cost us the game against the Bungles!

I don't see what they see in colclough he just doesn't impress me.