PDA

View Full Version : Why does everyone believe that Davis has made the team?

BlastFurnace
08-30-2007, 11:54 PM
Beyond that impressive screen pass in the first game, what has he really done to stand out? People have talked about him taking Kreider's spot...that obviously shouldn't and won't happen. He's not as good of a runner as Russell. He's not as good as a pass protector than Haynes.

I don't know. I'm just not impressed by the guy.

X-Terminator
08-31-2007, 12:11 AM
Beyond that impressive screen pass in the first game, what has he really done to stand out? People have talked about him taking Kreider's spot...that obviously shouldn't and won't happen. He's not as good of a runner as Russell. He's not as good as a pass protector than Haynes.

I don't know. I'm just not impressed by the guy.

They based it off of his performance in the Saints game, primarily. I haven't been impressed with him either since then.

jjpro11
08-31-2007, 12:46 AM
russell has the more potential of the two.. kreider is the far better blocker of the two.. and haynes is the better runner of the two.

Galax Steeler
08-31-2007, 03:37 AM
russell has the more potential of the two.. kreider is the far better blocker of the two.. and haynes is the better runner of the two.

I agree about everyting except haynes I think he is done in a steeler uniform.

delhess
08-31-2007, 04:55 AM
i'm not sold on davis either. that run in the saints game was impressive, but duce had some nice games to if you get my drift. i just don't know what i think of him right now. thats going to be the most interesting part of the cuts tomorrow.

FOOTEupyourarse
08-31-2007, 07:25 AM
im not sold on him either but go back and watch him on special teams. he was in on almost every tackle. playing with alot of hustle.

onthebus36
08-31-2007, 10:18 AM
im not sold on him either but go back and watch him on special teams. he was in on almost every tackle. playing with alot of hustle.

That was my understanding as well. According to what I've read, it's been his versatility that has impressed the team: RB/FB/ST.