PDA

View Full Version : Now the shooting starts; EVERYTHING will be different.

Mosca
08-31-2007, 04:48 PM
Now, I'm not saying that it will be more successful; it might not work. But I look for a lot of things to be different this year.

Corners too soft? I don't think so. Tomlin didn't take Taylor under his wing and work with him because Ike can't do the job.

Offense too conventional? I look for us to use all the weapons. This is where I think it might cost us; offenses take time to get in a groove, and just because a play is different doesn't mean it will work. We'll still be smashmouth, but I like Tomlin's idea of being able to take field in big chunks. No, not his idea; his IMPERATIVE that WE MUST be able to take territory in big chunks.

Special teams weak? Sheesh, miss an extra point in the pre-season and they get a week of drills. THAT won't happen again. I think that our special teams will be the envy of the league by mid-season. For certain they won't be the embarassment they were last year. Special teams are one third of the game.

I'm pumped. This is going to be one heck of an exciting year. I love it that SI picked the Bengals. I love it that the Ravens think they are the team to beat. We are going to mess with some folks.

Tom

FastWillieParker39
08-31-2007, 05:05 PM
that..........was...................BEAUTIFUL!!!:t t02:

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!:tt02:

revefsreleets
08-31-2007, 07:57 PM
I agree. This team is very talented but was lax and underperformed last year. I look for them to at least play to their potential if not overachieve this year, and that spells trouble for the opposition.

delhess
08-31-2007, 08:06 PM
i'm startin to feel it!

remember baltimore, paybacks are a bitch. i think we got a chip on our shoulder this year, and somebody is gonna pay. here we go steelers....

steelpride12
08-31-2007, 10:38 PM
i'm startin to feel it!

remember baltimore, paybacks are a bitch. i think we got a chip on our shoulder this year, and somebody is gonna pay. here we go steelers....

I wanna agree and i hope but if our O-Line plays like it did against Carolina and the Eagles the Ravens D will walk all over us. When Ben feels that pressure he makes silly mistake hence the INT against Philly when the pressure was brought, and we all know the Ravens D is worse so unless the O-Line steps the ravens may have a ditto year, but in my honest opinion i think we wil step up!

Galax Steeler
09-01-2007, 07:12 AM
I wanna agree and i hope but if our O-Line plays like it did against Carolina and the Eagles the Ravens D will walk all over us. When Ben feels that pressure he makes silly mistake hence the INT against Philly when the pressure was brought, and we all know the Ravens D is worse so unless the O-Line steps the ravens may have a ditto year, but in my honest opinion i think we wil step up!

AGREED LETS GET READY TO RUMBELLLLLLLLLLLLLL.:tt02::tt02::tt02:

83-Steelers-43
09-01-2007, 07:59 AM

I'm with you 12. When the PR game looks a little better and our running game (o-line) looks a little better, I'll be on board with the rah-rah speech. While I'm not doubting them (Reid showed me some sign of life last game, o-line still scares me), I prefer to take the wait and prove approach.

On that note.......HERE WE GO STEELERS! HERE WE GO! :tt02:

Preacher
09-01-2007, 04:57 PM
i'm startin to feel it!

And hopefully Tomlin is smart enough to give BSP a fake play book!

Elvis
09-01-2007, 07:15 PM
I agree with most about our O-Line needs to up the anneee a little bit when it comes to protecting Ben and making more holes for our RB's to run. They have not impressed me with either this preseason. The Eagles or Panthers are NOT the Ravens. Of course if you have to play against Julius Peppers much, he will get his share of big plays. If our o line doesnt do better against the Ravens Ben is In Trouble..
:tt02:

revefsreleets
09-03-2007, 09:14 PM
I agree with most about our O-Line needs to up the anneee a little bit when it comes to protecting Ben and making more holes for our RB's to run. They have not impressed me with either this preseason. The Eagles or Panthers are NOT the Ravens. Of course if you have to play against Julius Peppers much, he will get his share of big plays. If our o line doesnt do better against the Ravens Ben is In Trouble..
:tt02: Up the ante?

Anyway, The Eagles DL isn't bad, but you are way off on the Panthers. Yeah, it's not all Pro Bowl like it used to be, but the Panthers DL is still dominant with Jenkins and Peppers wrapped around an aging Mike Rucker and an emerging Ma'ake Kemoeatu. The Ravens run a 3-4, anyway, so the LB's are the more important than lineman.

geo1963
09-03-2007, 10:05 PM
With all the talk about our return game on special teams I have been reading, has anyone noticed how much better our kick coverage has been this pre season. We had some of the worst kick coverage units I have seen in Steeler uniforms last year. It was absolutely pathetic. If the improvement continues into the regular season, we'll be on our way to getting things turned around. Basic Keys for the year:

- Improve Kick Coverage Teams

- Turnovers ( I know, that's stating the obvious)

- Pressure the damned quarterback ( Our DB's will quickly look so much better )

- Get off the field on thrid down

-