PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame Is Terrible

Atlanta Dan
09-01-2007, 06:51 PM
Waxed 33-3 at home by Georgia Tech and it actually could have been worse

Wonder how the alums feel now about being shaken down to rewrite Weis' contract in his first year?

verks36
09-01-2007, 07:01 PM
Ya that game was pretty bad

once brady quinn leaves notre dame they suck.

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2007, 07:04 PM

My guess is that Clawson is overrated. But we should learn more about him in Big games next week when they come to Penn State.

revefsreleets
09-01-2007, 07:07 PM
The Domers realize that this is a rebuilding year, and ND had one of the best, if not THE best recruiting classes last year. They'll be where they need to be in the next year or so.

Atlanta Dan
09-01-2007, 07:08 PM

It was not as if they beat big boy programs (USC, Ohio State and (at least until today:sofunny:) Michigan) with Brady.

Weis can claim he had no chance to recruit in 2005 after he came in after Urban Meyer stiffed the Irish, but the 2006 and 2007 classes are his guys.

Academic requirements may make it tough, but that didn't save Ty Willingham.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-01-2007, 09:06 PM
My guess is that Clawson is overrated. But we should learn more about him in Big games next week when they come to Penn State.

How can you say Jimmy Clausen is overrated when he didn't even start the game? He came in when it was 33-3 or whatever the score was...lol Kind of a silly statement if you ask me...I hate Notre Dame so I loved seeing them go down...But it wasn't the freshmen QBs fault for this game....lol The sole blame goes to the two QBs ahead of Clausen that did nothing with the offense all day...lol

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2007, 09:07 PM
How can you say Jimmy Clausen is overrated when he didn't even start the game? He came in when it was 33-3 or whatever the score was...lol Kind of a silly statement if you ask me...I hate Notre Dame so I loved seeing them go down...But it wasn't the freshmen QBs fault for this game....lol The sole blame goes to the two QBs ahead of Clausen that did nothing with the offense all day...lol

I thought he was their starter this year

Atlanta Dan
09-01-2007, 09:16 PM

He had surgery on his throwing arm elbow this spring which has held him back

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2007, 09:30 PM
He had surgery on his throwing arm elbow this spring which has held him back

So I guess if Steele has it correctly, Demetrius Jones started today?

Atlanta Dan
09-01-2007, 09:48 PM
So I guess if Steele has it correctly, Demetrius Jones started today?

Yes - he was horrible and Weis pulled him before halftime

SteelCityMan786
09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Yes - he was horrible and Weis pulled him before halftime

If he starts next week, don't be surprised if there is a case of deja vu if he does that bad.

Black@Gold Forever32
09-01-2007, 10:07 PM

He was in the mix but like Atl. Dan said he had some injury issues...I live 30 minutes from South Bend so I do have the inside track on the Golden Domers....I hate them but I constantly get the non stop updates...Many of my friends are Notre Dame fans...

Haiku_Dirtt
09-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Weis' contract ?

House of Cards :shower:

RoethlisBURGHer
09-01-2007, 11:51 PM
They better hope Claussen can do something in his ND career. He's the first real big-name recruit Weiss got, and if he fails Weiss might now be the ND HC for too long.

pittsburghp8baller
09-02-2007, 12:53 AM

i dont think he played enough to determine that he was 4-6 for 34 yards not bad overthrew a receiver that could of lead to a touchdown. the offensive line really needs to get better or it wont matter who is back there playing quarterback. and with the playcalling jus because u got a quarterback that runs the ball it dont mean you throw one pass in the first quarter and run him the majority of the quarter i think he got like 7 or 8 runs in the first

rog
09-02-2007, 07:12 PM
No wonder they keep the starting QB a secret....they don't have one atleast not yet anyway. The future may be bright for Irish QBs but the present isn't pretty. Not only are all 3 inexperianced but their O-line looked horrible (9 sacks) and their running game (minus 8 yards) was non-existant. They are going to be in trouble next week at Penn State not to mention the rest of the year. And here I thought Charlie was a genius.

Hines0wnz
09-05-2007, 12:29 AM
Its a pretty good week when UM & ND lose their openers. :sofunny:

pittsburghp8baller
09-05-2007, 04:32 PM
clausen will turn things around as much as they could. at most notre dame is a 6 win team and that is with a couple of upsets. they need to find a consistent running back, i dont think any back (other than d. jones) ran it more than 10 times. obvious the line to pick its game up or clausen is goin to get destroyed back there. im a little worried (i double as a notre dame fan too) about starting him at Penn St. even with a decent line he would be torn apart against penn state defense

revefsreleets
09-05-2007, 05:47 PM
Here's the thing though. After last week, it shows that pretty much anything can happen. Penn State needs to stay sharp and beat ND up.

Haiku_Dirtt
09-09-2007, 02:26 AM
They'll be where they need to be in the next year or so.

Let me take this moment to rewrite a cliche.

"BATTON DOWN THE HATCHES" is perhaps the most misused saying since the invention of rum...which I'm drinking :joker:

But to be very serious for those opposed to the war for oil one might take less comfort knowing we humans behaved as poorly when the commodity was sugar cane.

Football and the invention of rum were separated by centuries but please allow me to advise Notre Dame fan that you can't BATTON DOWN THE HATCHES to save your ship.

Remove the battons first and then lower your sails. And if you're lucky enough to make back into the cabin THEN latch your hatches.

Cape Cod Steel Head
09-24-2007, 04:21 PM
0-4 for the first time in school history. I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

revefsreleets
09-24-2007, 05:31 PM
OK, let me amend my earlier statement. If they DON'T end up back in the better half of the top 25 in the next year or so, then Weis is 100% exposed as a snake oil salesman. He's had top recruiting classes a couple years in a row now, and that should translate into wins.

Hines0wnz
09-24-2007, 06:59 PM
0-4 for the first time in school history. I'm loving it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ty Willingham is over in western Washington having a good laugh. :cheers:

pittsburghp8baller
10-07-2007, 07:18 PM
yea its about time! notre dame gots things goin and its time to show what their got. i think they still lose to BC and USC but they make it closer than people think

SteelCityMan786
10-07-2007, 07:50 PM
Ty Willingham is over in western Washington having a good laugh. :cheers:

Hey Willingham called Notre Dame earlier, he said thanks for firing his ass. He likes have a good team in Washington.

Steeler in Carolina
10-08-2007, 05:31 PM
ND finally won at UCLA, who was using their 3rd QB this year. Hopefully, the losing ways will start again this weekend.