PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo has us first..

Kaeg
09-02-2007, 08:31 AM
..at 10-6 with a tie breaker over Baltimore. I can't link yet because I'm not at 50 posts. (At least that's what the message told me.)
Anyway, they still have Baltimore in playoffs as a WC.

The Duke
09-02-2007, 01:07 PM
Here's the link

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=At9WAgimNPZJRJkglodd5KmT2bYF?slug=ap-nfldivisioncapsules&prov=ap&type=lgns

Team looks hungry.

That's the best part

Smashmouth225
09-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Wow the most most balanced team in a tough division. That's how I feel. I gotta feeling Coach Tomlin and Lebeau will get to McNair this year and beat him up plus neatrulize Heap we good against the Ravens. You are not going to just run over the Ravens their defense is stout against the run got to get them in space. You don't have to throw it 40 times. Spread 'em out work Heath in the middle, you know seam routes, hitches in the middle. Some screens and dumps to Willie it ain't that hard people. Look how a supposedly soft team like Indy went to their house and beat them when it counts.

Galax Steeler
09-02-2007, 02:10 PM
I think baltimore will be a handfull but i think we can beat them.

HometownGal
09-02-2007, 02:29 PM
As long as McNutt and McGahee stay healthy, I see the Rats winning the AFCN and the Steelers getting into the playoffs as a WC. I think we'll split with 'em in our matchups.

Fingers (and toes) crossed that I'm wrong. :hope:

Atlanta Dan
09-02-2007, 02:42 PM
I think the Steelers stock is rising since training camp started based on initial impressions of Tomlin - this from today's New York Times NFL preview

Only two years ago, the Pittsburgh Steelers won the Super Bowl, which makes them a team to watch, especially because they have a new coach. The Steelers still have much of the roster from the championship team, and they seem invigorated by the presence of Tomlin. The defense will remain the same under the coordinator Dick LeBeau, which is a good thing because it is still one of the best. That means the Steelers will go as far as Roethlisberger takes them. From motorcycle accident to concussion last year, Roethlisberger never got into a rhythm, and it showed in his 23 interceptions. If he can return to anything approaching his form in his first two seasons, when he was 27-4 as a starter, the Steelers have a shot to make Tomlin?s debut a successful one.:

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/01/afc-scouting-reports/

SteelShooter
09-02-2007, 03:08 PM
As long as McNutt and McGahee stay healthy, I see the Rats winning the AFCN and the Steelers getting into the playoffs as a WC. I think we'll split with 'em in our matchups.

I have to agree with HTG. I see us splitting the series with Ratbirds and them still taking the Div. I also see us going into the 2nd round of the playoffs as well.

What a wonderful start for the new Tomlin era!

Elvis
09-02-2007, 04:07 PM
I honestly think that we will be lucky to split the series with the Ravens this season. I think that their (Ravens) is still one of the very best in the league and it will be tough for us to beat them at all. I think that we can finish 2nd in our division, but we will probably have to atleast win 10 games and I dont know if we will do that.
:tt02:

SteelCityMan786
09-02-2007, 05:41 PM

We won the Super Bowl as a Wild Card. Maybe we can do that again, this time as the 5 seed.

Steeler in Carolina
09-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Bengals will be lucky to finish .500, so it is between us and the Ravens for first place. We sweep them this year!!!

Preacher
09-02-2007, 11:17 PM
I don't know...

I think if we split with the Ravens, we will take the division.

I see us having problems in an AFC champ. game.