PDA

View Full Version : Patriots' Harrison reportedly done for season

Koopa
09-26-2005, 06:40 PM
Patriots safety Rodney Harrison tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee and will miss the rest of the season, according to a report Monday by the Boston Globe, which quoted an anonymous source close to the situation.

The Patriots will likely wait until Wednesday to make an official announcement, the report said.

The 12-year veteran was injured in the first quarter of Sunday's win over the Steelers.

Harrison underwent a MRI on Monday.

"I hear it's an ACL (anterior cruciate ligament), so he's definitely out for the year," the source told the Globe.

Harrison, who turns 33 in December, will need about 9-12 months of rehab before he can return to the field.

His agent, however, wondered if this would put an end to Harrison's career.

"I just keep my fingers crossed that Rodney does what is in his best interest," Harrison's agent Steve Feldman told the Globe Monday afternoon. "If that's rehab and coming back that's great, if it's not coming back, that's great too.

"He certainly hasn't left anything on the table. He's put all he has into the game."

Feldman added that he felt bad for his client, who had his career resurrected by New England after the Patriots acquired the hard-hitting safety in 2003.

"The Patriots stepped up and saved his career, and he loved 'em for it," Feldman said. "This is the last thing in the world that he could ever thought would happen right now.

"It's absolutely devastating."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4907534

Prosdo
09-26-2005, 06:47 PM
Not the type of thing I like to hear about a player. As Cleve said in another thread you never want to see anyone get hurt. I know I couldn't help but chringe when they played that in slow motion. I wish him a speedy recovery.

I.C. Lights
09-26-2005, 06:49 PM
That's terrible. I felt really bad for him when he was carted off. It looked like he knew that he wouldn't be back this year. I hope he heals up ASAP and is back next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Yep, he's done..

KFFL Breaking News
Patriots' Harrison Out for the Year

Boston.com reports New England Patriots SS Rodney Harrison (knee) will miss the rest of the 2005 season with a torn ACL in his right knee. According to ESPN.com's Len Pasquarelli, the Patriots will likely place him on Injured Reserve.

hardwork
09-26-2005, 07:40 PM
Like Bruschi, and Johnson, he'll know what's best.

I don't think this town, Boston, has ever taken to one of its players as fast as it did to Harrison.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Yep it'll be an adjustment for you guys, he's an emotional leader out there for yall

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-26-2005, 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear that Patriot fans, Harrison is an emotional leader for your team and an all around good man. Hopefully he can make it back to play again.

hardwork
09-26-2005, 07:51 PM
BTW, I think Seymour's going to step up and fill the leadership gap left by the loss of both Burschi, and Harrison. He had a big second half yesterday.

Ambridge
09-26-2005, 08:05 PM
I'm not going to say I feel good about it but on the other hand I don't feel bad about it either.

Rodney Harrison is a cheapshot artist and sometimes fate has a way of evening things out.

BTW-I heard he's torn all three ligaments in his knee

Dirtywater
09-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I'm not going to say I feel good about it but on the other hand I don't feel bad about it either.

Rodney Harrison is a cheapshot artist and sometimes fate has a way of evening things out.

BTW-I heard he's torn all three ligaments in his knee

Please list all the cheapshots he did with the Pats....

hardwork
09-26-2005, 11:29 PM
"I'm not going to say I feel good about it but on the other hand I don't feel bad about it either.

BTW-I heard he's torn all three ligaments in his knee"

There are about 4 or 5 decent Steeler fans in here. Guys/Ladys I could enjoy watching a game with. The rest of you are a bunch of f___ing a$$holes, including the person who posted this.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2005, 11:49 PM
Most people never want to see a player get hurt..fans and other players in the league alike. Some dont feel that way, but you cant help it or change it, and the personal attacks against the rest of the forum need to stop, which includes everyone.

BB2W
09-27-2005, 01:12 AM
He did not just tear his ACL, but MCL and PCL also... This is really too bad, at age 32 he had a couple good years left at the rate he was going. This could very well end his career.

ESPN.com's John Clayton reported that the Harrison's MRI results show a torn ACL in his left knee, as well as a torn medial collateral ligament and a torn posterior cruciate ligament.

link...... http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=2173044

ironcitychef
09-27-2005, 02:13 AM
hated to see the look on his face being taken off the field. It was one of kinda knowing it will be awhile before he gets a cahnce to finish on the Pats home field. He knew how bad it was then...

Not to stir wounds, but just answering posts, while not "cheap shots", he probably fits under the "head hunter" role, and along with Lynch are probably the most fined Secondary players. Toe-may-toe/toe-mah-toe

Livinginthe past
09-27-2005, 02:19 AM
Sad news indeed - Harrison was a great leader for our team and showed his true worth when our DB's were dropping like flies (just for a change) last year.

I think one of the most under-rated aspects of his game is his tactical awareness and organisational abilities - a defensive QB in a way - this sometimes gets lost in all the talk about his big shots and intimidating play down the years.

I think he has helped the Pats achieve great things in his time here, and im sure he feels that is a mutual thing - even if he never plays another game im sure he knows that Pats fans are grateful for all he has done - and 2 SB rings is not something most players see in a life time.

And should he make it back from injury - then that would be a fantastic bonus.

Cheers

NM

Ambridge
09-27-2005, 08:33 AM
Please list all the cheapshots he did with the Pats....

I believe Rodney has been fined twice by the league for unnecessary helmet to helmet hits and I also believe he was involved in a questionable hit that took out Trent Green's knee several seasons back.

If you'd like some recent visual evidence check out last years AFCCG the next time its shown on The NFL Network.
I believe it's in the second half and a play is shown where Jerome Bettis is stuffed at the line of scrimmage and falls forward. As Bettis is about to hit the ground you'll notice Rodney Harrison, flying in like Superman, trying to swing the point of his elbow at Bettis's head.

Rodney missed but the intent of what he was trying to do was obvious.

Hey Pats Fans!!
Just because I didn't get misty eyed and blubber away because you lost Rodney Harrison doesn't mean I enjoyed seeing it happen. It really doesn't bother me one way or the other.

tony hipchest
09-27-2005, 02:18 PM
"I'm not going to say I feel good about it but on the other hand I don't feel bad about it either.

BTW-I heard he's torn all three ligaments in his knee"

There are about 4 or 5 decent Steeler fans in here. Guys/Ladys I could enjoy watching a game with. The rest of you are a bunch of f___ing a$$holes, including the person who posted this.

why is this patfan going off on steelerfans? it may be time to reread the thread because pretty much every post was offering kind words. even the above post just said he didnt feel bad about it. what does this patfan expect us to do? lower our steeler flags at half mast for OUR fallen rival???? un-freaking-believable! its not like harrison was the recipient of a cheap shot. he placed himself in position to sustain a football injury. i dont see no one calling harrison a baby for crying. yet patfans were more than happy to pile on hines ward when he cried the monday after the afc game loss. pat fans will get no sympathy from me. ill save my sorrow for k. jenkins, t. spikes, c. pennington etc. i wonder if it was harrison who cheap shotted duce in a pile-up in last years halloween game. and dont bring up the "hes such a classy player crap". sure he plays great and hard but to paraphrase chris rock- dont be asking for credit for something you sposta do.

Ambridge
09-27-2005, 03:22 PM
why is this patfan going off on steelerfans? it may be time to reread the thread because pretty much every post was offering kind words. even the above post just said he didnt feel bad about it. what does this patfan expect us to do? lower our steeler flags at half mast for OUR fallen rival???? un-freaking-believable! its not like harrison was the recipient of a cheap shot. he placed himself in position to sustain a football injury. i dont see no one calling harrison a baby for crying. yet patfans were more than happy to pile on hines ward when he cried the monday after the afc game loss. pat fans will get no sympathy from me. ill save my sorrow for k. jenkins, t. spikes, c. pennington etc. i wonder if it was harrison who cheap shotted duce in a pile-up in last years halloween game. and dont bring up the "hes such a classy player crap". sure he plays great and hard but to paraphrase chris rock- dont be asking for credit for something you sposta do.

Pats fans crack me up!
They come here with their condesending attitudes oozing from their keyboard and expect Steeler Fans to have the utmost respect for them and the Patriots organization.
:jerkit:
Should someone have the nerve to say something derogatory about their players and/or coaches they throw out the "Sour Grapes, Envy or Hate" against the Patriots card.
I guess that's what happens when you think your team is perfect.
If you Pats fans want a 24-7 "Lovefest" for your team why don't you stay at your home board?
What's the matter don't they let you get a word in edgewise over there?

BTW- hardwork!! Stop with the high and almighty attitude! From what I can see most of your posts are nothing but border line flamer comments that add nothing to the conversation at all!
Also! Like those 4-5 decent Steeler fans that you mentioned would want ot watch a game with you??

clevestinks
09-27-2005, 05:34 PM
I really hated to see that live, let alone in slow motion. As much as Pats fans hate to admit it, this really hurts them

hardwork
09-27-2005, 06:10 PM
The Patriots will make sure Rodney gets this seasons Super Bowl ring. Not a problem.

tony hipchest
09-27-2005, 06:30 PM
The Patriots will make sure Rodney gets this seasons Super Bowl ring. Not a problem.
because the patriots could win it all with the boston college team right?
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

im sure they will throw in chad scott as a stopgap measure as safety and continue to rotate in a lb. how is tom brady in coverage and stopping the run?

hardwork
09-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Well, we stopped your "run". lol

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2005, 06:44 PM
Chad scott doesnt deserve an SB ring !!! :rofl:

Suitanim
09-27-2005, 06:58 PM

After week 3? You already know this? Are you prescient? Nostradamus?

tony hipchest
09-27-2005, 07:03 PM
Well, we stopped your "run". lol
good hang your hat on that. but we were without duce and jerome.........(sarcasm)

oh wait thats an excuse the patfans use when they rush 6 times for 5 yds. lol

I.C. Lights
09-27-2005, 07:06 PM
Manning must be licking his chops. We may not see the Pats again, let alone Harrison.

hardwork
09-27-2005, 07:17 PM
We understand. We're the best, you're wannabes. So the second best thing for you to do is to talk about us all the time. You know, if you can't walk the walk, you might as well talk the talk. It's sad to see a once proud tradition like the Steeler's fall so far, but hey, life is change.

Suitanim
09-27-2005, 07:26 PM
We understand. We're the best, you're wannabes. So the second best thing for you to do is to talk about us all the time. You know, if you can't walk the walk, you might as well talk the talk. It's sad to see a once proud tradition like the Steeler's fall so far, but hey, life is change.

Better hope the Colts D line don't roll up on Brady's leg November 7th and end his season...

hardwork
09-27-2005, 07:32 PM
"Better hope the Colts D line don't roll up on Brady's leg November 7th and end his season..."

I'll let you worry about that. That's the kind of thing wannabes worry about. Champions don't make up reasons to stay awake at night.

Suitanim
09-27-2005, 07:39 PM
"Better hope the Colts D line don't roll up on Brady's leg November 7th and end his season..."

I'll let you worry about that. That's the kind of thing wannabes worry about. Champions don't make up reasons to stay awake at night.

I'm not worried about Brady...he's YOUR whole team, not mine.

hardwork
09-27-2005, 07:47 PM
"he's YOUR whole team, not mine."

I see. So you really don't know anything about football. Well, the Steelers are a good team for you to root for then. You can just fake it. But don't try and fake it too long. You aren't that good at it.

Suitanim
09-27-2005, 07:53 PM
"he's YOUR whole team, not mine."

I see. So you really don't know anything about football. Well, the Steelers are a good team for you to root for then. You can just fake it. But don't try and fake it too long. You aren't that good at it.

(Chuckles)
Nice one, Brainiac...

You are so hopelessly out of your depth here that I will spare you any further insult...but you can always revert to 3rd grade tactics and tell me to "Fuck off" again when you get frustrated...

hardwork
09-27-2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah ok. You run along.

Suitanim
09-27-2005, 08:03 PM
Why don't we do this instead? A little readin' and learnin' couldn't hurt ya, could it?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1942

And, why do you assume this is somehow YOUR board? That you can tell ME to "run along now"? I'll again take the high road, and, in the immortal words of Melville's Bartleby, say "I prefer not to."

hardwork
09-27-2005, 08:32 PM
:), this is funny. I never would have thought that fans of the vaunted Steelers would be such poor losers.

Suitanim
09-27-2005, 08:42 PM
:), this is funny. I never would have thought that fans of the vaunted Steelers would be such poor losers.

Are you retarded? I directed you to a thread that was about the Colts, and I'm now a "poor loser"?

I feel kind of bad for Living...you are the Lennie to his George.

You, sir, are just an absolute ass. Post what you want, I'll not respond anymore...I don't beat up retards in real life, and I'm certainly not about to start doing it on the internet...

tony hipchest
09-27-2005, 09:12 PM
this from someone who hangs out on a steelerboard as if theyre a fly on the wall in the locker room. i bet he cuts and pastes everything steelerfans say onto a pats board somewhere. hes got so much better to do than us. i bet his sb rings blind the chicks as he walks down the street. :rolleyes: