PDA

View Full Version : Belichick is all cl-ASS!!

Ambridge
09-26-2005, 07:47 PM
http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/05269/577963.stm

No thanks

There were strange plays at Heinz Field yesterday, but nothing as out of the ordinary as Patriots coach Bill Belichick chasing Steelers trainer John Norwig away from one of his injured players.

As tackle Matt Light lay on the turf with a serious leg injury in the second quarter, Norwig ran over to see if he could help, as opposing trainers often will do with serious injuries.

Belichick walked out on the field and told Norwig, in no uncertain terms, to get away from his player. Norwig walked off the field and could be seen laughing about it with several Steelers doctors on the sideline.

Hey Bill! Way to act like a "Horse's Ass" when someone is offering help.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
09-26-2005, 09:22 PM
dont really know if that happened, but if it did the guy is an idiot, if there is an injured player on the field, who ever is the closenst triner should get out there, regardless of team. I really dont believe a doctor is going to hurt another player because he plays for the other team........

tony hipchest
09-26-2005, 09:32 PM
dont really know if that happened, but if it did the guy is an idiot, if there is an injured player on the field, who ever is the closenst triner should get out there, regardless of team. I really dont believe a doctor is going to hurt another player because he plays for the other team........
he is an ass. he's so paranoid and more concerned with using his bogus injury reports as a strategy. i bet he has not suited up totally healthy players just to keep his opponent off guard and he is worried a steeler trainer would actually release some "true" information on one of his players. definitely a classy organization they got. no one fakes an injury like willie mccginnest though.

Dirtywater
09-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I love it. Keep looking for ways to make things look bad with the Pats.

Why does our coach want your trainer looking at our injuries when it may come into play down the line. That's his perogitive, it doesn't make him an ass.

Try turning your criticism inward at your own team.

Bashing and criticizing the Patriots is oh-so-fashioabe-and-trendy.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2005, 10:18 PM
It's common courtesy for opposing teams trainers to help out till the other players guys get there. It happens ALL the time. Don't go turning this back on us now. All he had to say was, we got it, thanks for the help and all would have been fine.

hardwork
09-26-2005, 10:37 PM
How do you know what he said or didn't say Blitz? You don't know shit about it.

I know one thing, I wouldn't want some bozo trainer from the other team looking after my player. Especially from the Steelers. That organization has an average IQ of about 85.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Alright..chill out dude..Im going by what was said in the post..thats all I know, but what I do is if somebody who is JUST as qualified as my doctor wants to help out, why in the hell would just push him away and dismiss the help. We're talking a players health and career here..petty bullshit doesnt need to apply. Of course you only want your guys to look at him, they will be the ones to continue the rehab, etc..after the game is over..but all it takes is a simple gesture and comment and its over. Whether that is what happened or not, u dont know and I dont either so I can only go by what was posted up.

And obviously you dont know SHIT about it either so dont go attacking me. I was simply making a point that you cant put this on the fact that our trainer is less qualified than yours. Dr Bradley and the Steelers staff is as respected as it gets, and in CASE you didnt know, Dr. Bradley is the head of the NFL surgeons, and John Norwig is regarded as one of the best in the business.

What kinda of lame ass statement is this That organization has an average IQ of about 85. ..thats uncalled for again uncharateristic for someone who used to have so much respect around here..but lately your dumb and ignorant comments are really low and uncalled for. Especially those!

hardwork
09-26-2005, 11:12 PM
I saw the whole thing Blitz. Your guy was standing up, a couple of feet away from our player, and doing nothing. I'd have asked him to leave also. Further, I saw Belichick's reaction. He was clearly polite to the guy. I'll tell you what. My doctor is one of the Patriots doctors. I see him mid Oct. I'll ask him what happpened.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2005, 11:15 PM
Thats fine..and again this whole thing may very well be blown way outta proportion. But your comments about our teams IQ just didnt sit too well nor did your attack to me..but we'll move on, no worries its over now :smile: I'd be interested to here what he has to say if you think to ask him about it.

hardwork
09-26-2005, 11:30 PM
I'll remember. I'm very careful about what I ask him, but he'll tell me about that if there was anything to it. He's a fountain of information. He's been my doctor since '76 so we talk sports a lot. He's has several of the Red Sox and Bruins players to. Plus, most of Boston's big time mafia figures. Although there aren't to many of those left.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Damn a mafia doctor and a sports player doctor!! Impressive !!! The most I can say about my doctor is that he's expensive and kind of a nerd :grin:

Soldier4Steelers
09-26-2005, 11:50 PM
How do you know what he said or didn't say Blitz? You don't know shit about it.

I know one thing, I wouldn't want some bozo trainer from the other team looking after my player. Especially from the Steelers. That organization has an average IQ of about 85.

tempers flare! avg iq of 85? you guys took chad scott!!??

Livinginthe past
09-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Dear Oh Dear,

Im sure their was a thread about showing class in both adversity and victory - this would fail the audition miserably!

I mean come on guys - we told your trainer to move on while our player is lying injured and youre getting all precious?? - I may have to think of someway of putting some sort of big-girls-blouse type spin on a nickname for your franchise.

Whats tomorrows shock-horror headline? - "Brady fails to congratulate Steelers D on interception pick"???

Amused

NM

Livinginthe past
09-27-2005, 01:11 AM
tempers flare! avg iq of 85? you guys took chad scott!!??

And the way things are going we will be back for Hank Poteat the way our DB's are going down - still ya gotta say that Scott must actually enjoy coming out on top in the Patriots/Steelers matchup for a change.

Cheers

NM

ironcitychef
09-27-2005, 01:50 AM
Understand you don't want us looking at your player, then just ask for the crutches up front instead of telling us to 'f' off.

from Post-Gazette:

Even though New England coach Bill Belichick chased off Steelers trainer John Norwig from attending to one of his injured players Sunday, it did not prevent the Patriots from later asking the Steelers for crutches and some medication for the player.

But when Belichick saw Norwig approach Light, who lay on the grass field, he came out to shoo him away. Belichick told Norwig to "get away from my [expletive] player" according to several sources.

No, I don't have the "sources", but still a jerk move.

Soldier4Steelers
09-27-2005, 06:13 AM
And the way things are going we will be back for Hank Poteat the way our DB's are going down - still ya gotta say that Scott must actually enjoy coming out on top in the Patriots/Steelers matchup for a change.

Cheers

NM

i just hope you guys can survive more of his blunders, cause we didnt survive too many. but im glad to see that the pats jersey didnt change his play from when he was on the steelers.... cough.... josh miller.

BlitzburghRockCity
09-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Understand you don't want us looking at your player, then just ask for the crutches up front instead of telling us to 'f' off.

from Post-Gazette:

Even though New England coach Bill Belichick chased off Steelers trainer John Norwig from attending to one of his injured players Sunday, it did not prevent the Patriots from later asking the Steelers for crutches and some medication for the player.

But when Belichick saw Norwig approach Light, who lay on the grass field, he came out to shoo him away. Belichick told Norwig to "get away from my [expletive] player" according to several sources.

Hhhmmmm, very interesting huh HW ?

Ambridge
09-27-2005, 07:15 AM

from Post-Gazette:

Exactly ironcitychef!

The whole point of the post that you and Blitz pointed out was that if the Pats didn't want any help then just say "No Thanks....We'll take care of it."
When it comes to serious injuries on the field.....competition takes a backseat and has a blind eye as well.

Maybe Belichick got pissed when he realized that within the last calendar season he's lost three of his better players at Heinz Field?:
Ty Law
"Headhunter" Harrison
Matt Light

Livinginthe past
09-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Ok I got some names for your franchise - how about the Pittsburgh Panty Twists? Or maybe the Steel City Sour Grapes?

The desperation with which you are looking for something to do us down with is pretty embarassing - but if it makes you feel better then you got beat by a team who's coach can be a little impolite when it starting LT is down injured on the floor......that make everything ok for the poor, upset Steelers fans ha ha ha - Steel City....Squeal City more like.

Cheers

NM

Ambridge
09-27-2005, 07:38 AM
Ok I got some names for your franchise - how about the Pittsburgh Panty Twists? Or maybe the Steel City Sour Grapes?

The desperation with which you are looking for something to do us down with is pretty embarassing - but if it makes you feel better then you got beat by a team who's coach can be a little impolite when it starting LT is down injured on the floor......that make everything ok for the poor, upset Steelers fans ha ha ha - Steel City....Squeal City more like.

Cheers

NM

I guess the point of the post has taken residence on top of your head. :rolleyes:

clevestinks
09-27-2005, 04:31 PM
I know one thing, I wouldn't want some bozo trainer from the other team looking after my player. Especially from the Steelers. That organization has an average IQ of about 85.[/QUOTE]

And you know this for a fact?

When a player goes down, and especially whan it looks bad, the whole stadium cheers when they get up. So why wouldnt our trainer want to help if needed. He was kinda of standing there out of the way, waiting to see if he were needed, or to see if another cart needed brought out from our home stadium.

I cant say that coach BB said anything wrong, I cant see why he would. This thought probably isnt worth its own thread. Bozo trainer, IQ of 85, a little dissappointed here, I expected more. :redface:

Livinginthe past
09-28-2005, 01:37 AM
Hey Cleve,

The pats fans on this forum resepct alot of the posters on here - but not some of the ones who showed up just before the Patriots game.

It seems that they are only good at talking the big one - which is fine thats what fans do - but when it comes to taking your medicine after a defeat - all they want to do it cry and whine about petty little things like our coach being upset at our 2nd big injury of the game.

All pats fans will admit it was a little ungracious of BB to say what he allgedly did - but for the posters here to be taking such a prissy attitude towards a few cusses in a heated MANS GAME - well it seems a little bit feminine to say the least.

The trainer laughed it off - and so would have some of the posters in here - as long as y'all won that is.

Its sour grapes pure and simple - im just glad that none of the 'regulars' here are joining this pitiful witch hunt.

Cheers

NM

ironcitychef
09-28-2005, 01:42 AM
I go along with most of your posts LITP, but I'm not saying the spat on the field cost us the game. What I am pointing out is that maybe we were being gracious losers while your head coach(as he is the only one mentioned) is actually a poor winner. If we really wanted to play sour grapes we wouldn't have given crutches or such. Funny we get 3 pages of posts because one person fires of a "I'm glad Harrison got hurt" post. So that is classless to root for an injury. Yet refusing(with such bedside manner) additional assistance for an injury(in a visiting stadium) is status quo. When you talk about the "team" attitude of the Patriots from now on just do me a favor and include this piece. Not looking for ways to bring the PATS down, just saying in the pop quiz that sometimes shows that the game isn't really that important in the big picture, Bill B. failed this round in my eyes.

Livinginthe past
09-28-2005, 02:07 AM
I go along with most of your posts LITP, but I'm not saying the spat on the field cost us the game. What I am pointing out is that maybe we were being gracious losers while your head coach(as he is the only one mentioned) is actually a poor winner. If we really wanted to play sour grapes we wouldn't have given crutches or such. Funny we get 3 pages of posts because one person fires of a "I'm glad Harrison got hurt" post. So that is classless to root for an injury. Yet refusing(with such bedside manner) additional assistance for an injury(in a visiting stadium) is status quo. When you talk about the "team" attitude of the Patriots from now on just do me a favor and include this piece. Not looking for ways to bring the PATS down, just saying in the pop quiz that sometimes shows that the game isn't really that important in the big picture, Bill B. failed this round in my eyes.

Hey ICC,

Im certainly not knocking the Steelers organisation - I have the highest respect for that, my comments were directed purely at the lastest batch of posters on this forum.

Maybe BB is a poor winner - I wouldnt even debate this one - and certainly props go to your physio's for the offer of help and the use of crutches etc etc.

I still think the 'team' mentality is just as strong - its definitely possible to lose a little love from your critics/ rivals whilst also becoming a closer unit as a team - a kind of siege mentality.

I really think that if BB did say something out of order - that it was just a reaction to disappointment - and that the Steelers officials dont seem too bothered either way.

I dont remember any real instances of this type of thing before with BB - and I dont think there was a preconceived plan to upset the Steelers with his comments - lets face it - he is the one who has come out of it worse.

I just hope we can put this business, and the 'clock' stuff behind us and get on to week4

Cheers

NM

Prosdo
09-28-2005, 04:32 AM
My opinion on the whole thing is yes it wasn't the best move and sure it could have been handled better. But I think Rodney and another guy went down before this. I just chalk it up to him being frustrated and reacting wrong. Things like that happen. I don't take it to be much.

Ambridge
09-28-2005, 05:57 AM
Hey Cleve,

The pats fans on this forum resepct alot of the posters on here - but not some of the ones who showed up just before the Patriots game.

It seems that they are only good at talking the big one - which is fine thats what fans do - but when it comes to taking your medicine after a defeat - all they want to do it cry and whine about petty little things like our coach being upset at our 2nd big injury of the game.

All pats fans will admit it was a little ungracious of BB to say what he allgedly did - but for the posters here to be taking such a prissy attitude towards a few cusses in a heated MANS GAME - well it seems a little bit feminine to say the least.

The trainer laughed it off - and so would have some of the posters in here - as long as y'all won that is.

Its sour grapes pure and simple - im just glad that none of the 'regulars' here are joining this pitiful witch hunt.

Cheers

NM

LITP-Why don't you grow some thicker skin and quit being so hyper-sensitive about a little bit of legitimate criticism directed towards your head coach........if what Belichick did was good enough to make the local papers then it's a fair game subject of conversation and not something to turn into a "Sore loser" deflection on your part because you don't like the topic.

If anything sounds feminine it's you with your "How dare you have something negative to say about my Patriots" attitude along with your whiney "Sour Grapes" spin.

The thread had nothing to do with the win or loss of the game but with the isolated incident at hand which was pretty much pointed out to you several posts ago on the first or second page I believe............if you keep it in that context you'll see you're the one who's a little overly protective and ultra touchy.

Livinginthe past
09-28-2005, 07:51 AM
LITP-Why don't you grow some thicker skin and quit being so hyper-sensitive about a little bit of legitimate criticism directed towards your head coach........if what Belichick did was good enough to make the local papers then it's a fair game subject of conversation and not something to turn into a "Sore loser" deflection on your part because you don't like the topic.

If anything sounds feminine it's you with your "How dare you have something negative to say about my Patriots" attitude along with your whiney "Sour Grapes" spin.

The thread had nothing to do with the win or loss of the game but with the isolated incident at hand which was pretty much pointed out to you several posts ago on the first or second page I believe............if you keep it in that context you'll see you're the one who's a little overly protective and ultra touchy.

hey Ambridge,

I hope you believe me when I say im not actually getting physically 'upset' over threads like this.

My point, as I highlighted before, is that sure you can criticise BB for what he said/didn't say sunday night - but to start TWO WHOLE THREADS about it?

In my opinion, that is the work of posters who, having lost the battle are scrabbling round looking for some way of defaming the team who beat you.

I think being 'overly senssitive' is posting all this stuff about something our coach might have said to your physio in the heat of the moment, and that your physio LAUGHED OFF and making it out as a sign of the plummeting class-levels of the New England Patriots.

Im sure I dont have to give you some sort of definition of 'sour grapes' - ya know people who cant accept defeat gracefully - because you appear to be accusing me of it - and I have to say...im pretty sure we won on sunday.

Cheers

NM

Ambridge
09-28-2005, 08:19 AM
hey Ambridge,

I hope you believe me when I say im not actually getting physically 'upset' over threads like this.

My point, as I highlighted before, is that sure you can criticise BB for what he said/didn't say sunday night - but to start TWO WHOLE THREADS about it?

In my opinion, that is the work of posters who, having lost the battle are scrabbling round looking for some way of defaming the team who beat you.

I think being 'overly senssitive' is posting all this stuff about something our coach might have said to your physio in the heat of the moment, and that your physio LAUGHED OFF and making it out as a sign of the plummeting class-levels of the New England Patriots.

Im sure I dont have to give you some sort of definition of 'sour grapes' - ya know people who cant accept defeat gracefully - because you appear to be accusing me of it - and I have to say...im pretty sure we won on sunday.

Cheers

NM

So, should I assume if I had posted the thread with a more friendly title like: "Why'd Belichick do that" you wouldn't have started with the "sore loser"-"sour grapes" argument and just discussed it at face value??

However this issue was phrased or put out there I think you (Pat's Fans) would have taken offense.
Just for the record I don't hate the Patriots or have any resentment towards them at all. I reserve all that for Baltimore.

tony hipchest
09-28-2005, 10:05 AM
Hey Cleve,

Cheers

NM
"There are about 4 or 5 decent Steeler fans in here. Guys/Ladys I could enjoy watching a game with. The rest of you are a bunch of f___ing a$$holes, including the person who posted this."

does this really sound like respect of steeler fans. when a patfan goes off on a collective group because 1 poster said he didnt feel bad about harrisons injury in the midst of about 20 posts offering condolences and well wishes, whose being bitchy and prissy? what belichick did is legitimate convo and you are offended that there are 2 threads on the subject. so what? you know how many threads on different boards i read last year about freddie mitchell started by patfans? the point of talking about belichick is to remove this false cloak of "class" he wears. he was concerned about other teams actually knowing the extent of his players injury. its part of his m.o. which i understand. it keeps his opponent off guard. for example teams prepare for his base 3-4, hes been using the 4-3. steelers gameplan to stop dillon, he splits carries with k. faulk. its great strategy, i admit. but we are talking about a player writhing in pain on the ground with a broken leg. it goes deeper than a win or a loss and i think it would be a legitimate topic of discussion either way.

as far as the topic of class goes that is legitimate too, because patsnation throws that word around to perpetuate their holier than thou attitude. winning 3 out of 4 superbowls isnt enough for them. that is one hell of an inferiority complex if you ask me. just like the contrived catch phrase "lack of respect". pretty girlie to be whining because a sb team wasnt respected or was an underdog. your post rings of hypocracy. while i am a new poster here i have read the articles and other posters opinions since mid summer and enjoy talking about the previous weeks happenings midweek. this website is called steelersfever which i definitely have. do you and the rest of the "respectful" patfans?

i dont dislike the patriots because they win. i have stated that i think r. kraft is classy, d.bledsoe, c. martin etc and actually used to root for them. i always root for the afc in the s.b. (except for ravens) and definitely pull for the team that can beat the steelers.
but i see a distinct difference in the way patfans handled their success from the rams or bucs and to put belichick in the same category as d. vermiel as far as class goes is utterly rediculous. but you call it a case of being a sore loser. whereas i see it as patfans being a little blind to reality because of the bling of their 3 rings. you guys are champions, what more do you want. respect? earn it. accolades? dont beg for them. brady to be called the best ever? tell him to go win 5 rings. p. manning fans to say manning sucks? it will never happen. pitt fans to say ben is overrated? that too, will never happen. simple.

Livinginthe past
09-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Hey Tony,

1. In pretty much your first paragraph you say that Patriots posters have labelled Steelers fans in one collective group - then you decide to do exactly the same thing yourself with Patriot fans in your final paragraph.

2. How do you know that Belichick wears a 'false cloak of class' as you so dramatically put it? Before sundays game he hadnt been involved in a similar incident before - so where did you get the idea that he was not what he appeared to be.

3. Your comparison with Freddie is laughable - first up, it was smack talk by a rival player before the SUPERBOWL - and secondly, it was definitely intended to become part of the public domain.
How you can even make this comparison is beyond me - BB may have lost his rag but he hasn't had a bad word to say aboutt he Steelers.

4. Patsnation doesn't exist outside the media who needs to find a dumb label for just about everything. The 'holier than thou' attitude you talk about is just a result of winning alot of games and not having your team talk down its rivals - I happen to think we are a fine model for a franchise and I happen to think the same of Pittsburgh.

5. I havent done any 'whining' at all about our perceived 'lack of respect' - im talking about the posters on here - not the whole of the Steelers fan base - so maybe you could do likewise and leave people out of that cant defend themselves?

6. Again with the BB jibe - explain to me EXACTLY how you cant put BB in the same catagory as Vermeil in terms of class? If you are going to make statements like this try and back them with some sort of anecdotal evidence - otherwise its utterly pointless.

As far you saying we should have to earn respect - well I believe we have done that already haven't we? Unless we have to win another 10 SB's?

We shouldnt have to beg for accolades - you should be willing to give them - otherwise you are just the blind homer you spent so much of this post trying to portray.

Cheers

NM

hardwork
09-28-2005, 11:46 AM
The game showed two things. We're a better team, we're a tougher team. Can't handle that? Too bad.

tony hipchest
09-28-2005, 12:53 PM
Hey Tony,

1. In pretty much your first paragraph you say that Patriots posters have labelled Steelers fans in one collective group - then you decide to do exactly the same thing yourself with Patriot fans in your final paragraph.

2. How do you know that Belichick wears a 'false cloak of class' as you so dramatically put it? Before sundays game he hadnt been involved in a similar incident before - so where did you get the idea that he was not what he appeared to be.

3. Your comparison with Freddie is laughable - first up, it was smack talk by a rival player before the SUPERBOWL - and secondly, it was definitely intended to become part of the public domain.
How you can even make this comparison is beyond me - BB may have lost his rag but he hasn't had a bad word to say aboutt he Steelers.

4. Patsnation doesn't exist outside the media who needs to find a dumb label for just about everything. The 'holier than thou' attitude you talk about is just a result of winning alot of games and not having your team talk down its rivals - I happen to think we are a fine model for a franchise and I happen to think the same of Pittsburgh.

5. I havent done any 'whining' at all about our perceived 'lack of respect' - im talking about the posters on here - not the whole of the Steelers fan base - so maybe you could do likewise and leave people out of that cant defend themselves?

6. Again with the BB jibe - explain to me EXACTLY how you cant put BB in the same catagory as Vermeil in terms of class? If you are going to make statements like this try and back them with some sort of anecdotal evidence - otherwise its utterly pointless.

As far you saying we should have to earn respect - well I believe we have done that already haven't we? Unless we have to win another 10 SB's?

We shouldnt have to beg for accolades - you should be willing to give them - otherwise you are just the blind homer you spent so much of this post trying to portray.

Cheers

NM
livinginthe past- dont get me wrong, i wasnt singling you out or lumping you into a group of bad patfannation as a whole. just like all people there are the good that go along with the bad and i have seen plenty of steelerfans (not many on this board) who some critisizm can apply to. and im not gonna pretend to know everything because my team hasnt won 3 of 4 last sb's to give me the freedom to do so. but as i did earlier i will address some of your points.
1. i was really addressing your points and singling out the patfan i quoted. in all honesty the only thing i know of patfans is from what i read on the computer. maybe messageboard patfans are different from patfans as a whole. i can say in new mexico, while i know alot of football fans and hundereds of cowboys and steelerfans i still have yet to meet an actuall patfan. theyre just not down here.
2. bill has always appeared to be an ass to me. sun. proved it in my eyes. i ask where or when he became so classy. where does doing your job and being great at it equate to class? kraft giving his sb ring to putin=class imo. rooneys promoting diversity program=class. modell sneaking out of baltimore=unclassy. the thing with 'chick is i havent seen anything that he has done that is classy. why should i call him classy? i never said he was unclassy until he acted like a jerk on sun.
3. you totally missed my point on the f. mitchell. you commented how this topic had 2 threads on it. so? about as ludicrous as commenting on f. mitchell threads right. if steelerfans want to talk about it why try to put an end to it?
4. i dont really know what youre saying here. since the pats players dont talk smack their fans do it for them and have a holier than thou attitude? is this why their fans are more classy than all others and above everyone else?
5. i was commenting on the pat. players "whining about lack of respect" and media reports of players comments. and while i cant list you any direct quotes (i dont have a court reporter who types everything i see or hear) i dont feel i need to. if you are a die hard patfan you know when your team has played the respect card for motivation. been in a "payton is better than brady" argument and have heard players say this plenty of times.
6. you fail to offer anecdotal evidence where he deserves to be in vermiel's category!
i dont know vermiel personnaly but i will take his players words for it. d. hall-he adopted as if he were a son. showing public love and compassion for t. green. knowing players wives names, kids birthdays. i cant quote player interviews i have seen, read or listened to but t. gonzales, m. faulk, t. holt, e. kinneson. m. boericghter, p. holmes, i bruce, k. warner, r. jawarski, etc. all say the same thing about him. he is one of the classiest, friendliest most loving people they know. i have never heard the same about belichick. infact t. laws and l, milloys come to mind. every other pats player just keeps their mouth shut on the subject as if they dont want to get on their coaches bad side. i personally think class is unimportant in football. was mean joe green, g. lloyd, j. lambert, j. porter classy? who cares? so you patfans get extra bonus points for bruschi being so classy (which i never saw) but i do know how to recognize class. barry sanders and w. payton had it. romonowski and to some degree r. lewis and t.o. dont. but who cares. i dont see why this generic subjective term is used to place the pats "dynasty" above all others. (and please dont say you never said that cause, i know and im not accusing you of doing so, but on the other hand dont act ignorant like you have never heard that type of talk and tell me to give a direct quote. its funny how i must give anecdotal evidence to support an opinion and observation yet what you offer must be accepted as the truth. a discussion is just that , a discussion and there should be a free flow of an exchange of ideas without 1 side constantly having to provide proof.

earn respect. id respect them more if they didnt constantly talk about how no one respects them. people would give accolades if they werent excpected or demanded

hardwork
09-28-2005, 01:24 PM
"i personally think class is unimportant in football."

Is that why you've been posting on the subject for 3 days? LOL

tony hipchest
09-28-2005, 01:30 PM
"i personally think class is unimportant in football."

Is that why you've been posting on the subject for 3 days? LOL
you never explained why you stomped your feet and cried over 1 harrison comment. is he your father? if so he wont be able to bounce you on his knee no more. :grin:

hardwork
09-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Oh, I see. You've been stuck on class because Harrison got hurt. Yeah, that would make sense to you.

The great Steeler fan base falls to pieces because of one loss. lol, you gota love it.

Soldier4Steelers
09-29-2005, 09:44 AM
the fan base deff does not fall apart. pats fans dont have much to be critical about because the pats are on top. i promise if pitt lost to the panthers or a team that doesnt matter like an nfc team there would be little, to no passion about it. chalk it up as a loss, but this was the pats, and there is alot of history, and alot riding the game every time these teams meet. that game could very well play into homefield advantage in the playoffs just like last year. neither team played good, ours just happend to play worse and on a forum called steelers fever, expect the fans to talk about it.

Livinginthe past
09-29-2005, 10:19 AM
the fan base deff does not fall apart. pats fans dont have much to be critical about because the pats are on top. i promise if pitt lost to the panthers or a team that doesnt matter like an nfc team there would be little, to no passion about it. chalk it up as a loss, but this was the pats, and there is alot of history, and alot riding the game every time these teams meet. that game could very well play into homefield advantage in the playoffs just like last year. neither team played good, ours just happend to play worse and on a forum called steelers fever, expect the fans to talk about it.

Im still waiting for you to eat some humble pie regarding that dumb outburst on this other thread Soldier - you man enough?

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=1889&page=30&pp=10

Im sure you know the one I mean anyway.

NM

Soldier4Steelers
09-29-2005, 12:27 PM
i didnt even know the thread was moved, you think I need to eat humble pie? haha are you man enough?

Livinginthe past
09-29-2005, 12:33 PM
i didnt even know the thread was moved, you think I need to eat humble pie? haha are you man enough?

Hey Soldier,

If you are ever short of work - perhaps you could hire yourself out as a 'human parrot' - or maybe we just got an echo problem on this forum.

You ranted about about my comment of 'toughen up' - when all I was doing was REPEATING what you said - and lets face it repetition is something of a speciality for you.

I know its horrible for you to be this out-matched - you have my sympathy.

Cheers

NM

Soldier4Steelers
09-29-2005, 12:45 PM
trust me im never short of "work" these days, all i was doing was telling you not to "me??, YOU!!" in that situation because you were doing that with IQ with slash. all i said was not to bother. there is no echo problem, you just misunderstood what i wrote. now stop ruining another thread with your personal vandetta.

Livinginthe past
09-29-2005, 01:31 PM
trust me im never short of "work" these days, all i was doing was telling you not to "me??, YOU!!" in that situation because you were doing that with IQ with slash. all i said was not to bother. there is no echo problem, you just misunderstood what i wrote. now stop ruining another thread with your personal vandetta.

Your post makes no sense whatsoever.

Soldier4Steelers
09-29-2005, 02:04 PM
dont ruin this thread with your lack of comprehension. its already in the blast furnace, take it there

clevestinks
09-29-2005, 02:45 PM
One thing I did wangt to mention, was when asked at the end of the game about Harrison BB replied " You throw someone else in and you go on" Or something along those lines. I do understand the Pats "Team" aspect, and no one is irreplacable. But maybe just a little compassion. Like i don`t know maybe say" Its really ashame, Harrison is a great player, and will be hard to replace, he is one of our leaders" He may have said this the next day???? I just saw the NFL Network station when they do the press conference post game. I`m not knocking BB, just wanted to knwo what the Pats fans felt about his coldness?

Livinginthe past
09-29-2005, 03:36 PM
BB is a cold and unemotional guy on the field as we all know - im not attempting to speak for all Pats fans when I say that I think he has it spot on.

BB has the respect of the fans and quite obviously the players too - they will know his exact thoughts on the Rodney situation and probably dont need to see him getting misty eyed in the media.

As far as saying he is 'one of our leaders and will be hard to replace' this is the kind of things fans like me and you say - BB has to think about how his comments are going to play in the heads of opposing coaches and players - he doesn't want anyone feeling sorry for us or feeling that we are in a weak position.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

Cheers

NM

clevestinks
09-29-2005, 03:44 PM
i kinda figured as much, just wanted to know how Pats fan feel. Can`t argue with success.